list of things popular with 13 year olds

Discuss Obsidian's Vegas Fallout game here. Also: Fallout 4, Fallout 76, Fallout Shelter and other new dairy products from Bethesda's farm that don't have separate forums here yet.
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Retlaw83 wrote:You're giving him too much credit.
Yeah that's super model material to some mang. ;)
Roberto
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Roberto »

13 year olds love FO3 and Mini-nukes.

Case in point found in, of course, the Bethsoft forums and listed below for your amusment:

View Postwestoftherockies, on 13 April 2011 - 07:01 PM, said:
the rook is right, obsidian made the game for the old fallout game fanbase and its been a big letdown to almost everyone who played FO3 and liked that game, the two games are totally different, game mechanics are pretty much the same but the rest is different, and there is a huge group who hate bethesda, its very obvious so don't try to pretend this forum is loaded with people who love bethesda, all the bashers of FO3 and the same people who think new vegas is practially flawless make it very obvious, but new vegas doesn't have much replayability and thats why the game isn't selling very well now, cause the word is out.

Roberto would love to pay this clown a visit and make him mess his diapers; perhaps then he could go back to playing one of his ' tarded Halo-franchise games and leave the FO universe alone; ha-hhaaarr!
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

You're a great new poster. Dunno if you're an alt, but kudos for posting in character anyway.
Roberto
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Roberto »

Much appreciated Senister. And no, this is not an alternate account; I haven't been active on the DAC board since 2001 or so. Following the demise of Black Isle, my hope for a new Fallout game met a similar fate, and in turn I lost track of my previous login, etc. No matter, as the Fallout name once again graces store shelves and I now have reason again to post about them.
I gotta practice my stabin'
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

FO3, replayable my ass.
Cow Cud is a twin.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

YOUNG PERSONS ARE A DUMB - an essay

Post by Blargh »

Eminently replayable if one takes into account the panoply of congenital and acquired brain defects that impair both memory and reasoning. Yes. :drunk:
SenisterDenister

Welcome back then, Roberto. Shame you didn't come back sooner.
Gunman
s3x g0d
s3x g0d

Post by Gunman »

Back to topic:

Rape.
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

School plays and Blieber
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Roberto wrote:perhaps then he could go back to playing one of his ' tarded Halo-franchise games and leave the FO universe alone; ha-hhaaarr!
To be fair, the original Halo and Reach (the only two games I've played) have better writing and a more coherent plot than Fallout 3. Sounds like you're giving the kid too much credit - Oblivion seems more his speed.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Yeah Halo's plot was good but the gameplay was altered by Microsofts bagging of Bungie and thrown into console to feed the superior in number 'bogan' audience.
It was actually meant to be a real time strategy game for PC with the similar plot structure.
SenisterDenister

A friend of mine told me about the Elder Scroll's expanded universe, like the history and stuff, and it honestly impressed me. It mixes old mythologies and Lovecraftian star gods and it honestly sounds pretty good, but I can't help but wonder why the hell Bethesda can't manage to articulate any of that story into their games beyond "you are a blank slate, go defeat the big evil thing and save the day and do everything all at once with no consequences."
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Cimmerian Nights »

I can't help but wonder why the hell Bethesda can't manage to articulate any of that story into their games beyond "you are a blank slate, go defeat the big evil thing and save the day and do everything all at once with no consequences."

SenisterDenister

Right.
Roberto
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Roberto »

Retlaw83 wrote:
Roberto wrote:perhaps then he could go back to playing one of his ' tarded Halo-franchise games and leave the FO universe alone; ha-hhaaarr!
To be fair, the original Halo and Reach (the only two games I've played) have better writing and a more coherent plot than Fallout 3. Sounds like you're giving the kid too much credit - Oblivion seems more his speed.
Agreed. However, to re-hash the same story for the following three sequels is an exercise in consumer stupidity, as evidenced by the continued high sales of the aforementioned derivatives and the swarms of fanboys.
Our Host!