Any questions? Post them here! (Same one as in GS forums)

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.
TheReaper

Any questions? Post them here! (Same one as in GS forums)

Post by TheReaper »

Yep, I'm back :D and my question board is up so send your questions in! :)
Last edited by TheReaper on Tue May 07, 2002 11:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Why does my life have no meaning?

hey OTB, could you make this topic sticky?
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

Method 1) You need to find something you enjoy and do it as much as possible, that will either give your life meaning or give you something to do until your life ends.

Method 2) (from a famous guy) life without pain has no meaning, get some pain! Try the arena against BB's laboratory.
Roving_Rabid_Raider
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Roving_Rabid_Raider »

Is the tough guy mode really tough? I'm only half-way in the game, but I think I'm gaining experience too slow. Btw, can you tell me what perks to avoid? Cos I heard some perks really sucks. Btw, I play in Squad turn based mode.
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

The only reason tough guy mode is tough is that you can only save in bunkers, if you have patch version 1.27 installed then you get double experience, it is worth using tought guy unless your PC crashes a lot. Yes, there are some perks that don't work. Cautious nature doesn't, I don't think Sniper does either. Off hand I can't think of any others, maybe other people can post some more, I'll post more if I find them.
ObeyJohnny
SDF!
SDF!

Damn this stupid computer of mine....

Post by ObeyJohnny »

:cry:
I bought FOT when it first came out and had no problem with getting it to run (did experience problems in game) But today I decided to play again and re-installed it. Now the game wont start. I get a black screen, and an error beep. Then i'm treated to two error boxes, the first says;

c:\dev\phoenix\directx7\dd7_display.cpp(715):***FATAL ERROR***: could not creat primary or back surfaces

After i click ok on that box, i get a new box that says runtime error in bos.exe abnormal termination.

Ive installed the directx 8.0a that comes with FOT, and that didnt help, so i installed the new dirextx8.1 and still the same problem. Im running my comp in win2000, but like i said before i played it on this machine before!!!! Also
I cant even find the folder C:\dev much less c:\dev\phoenix\directx7
Has anybody even heard of this happening?
please please help me if you can....
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

Here you go a fix for the black screen of death(scary :) )

http://www.forumplanet.com/RPGPlanet/fa ... tid=591068
ObeyJohnny
SDF!
SDF!

Post by ObeyJohnny »

Thanks for the post slider, unfortunatly for me I forgot to mention that I already tried that and did remove those two files. I asked my father, and he says its a problem in the programs code. (dd7_display.cpp(715) would be an error in the 715th line of code in the game or something)
Is thier a way to completely remove directx for your system, without reinstalling evereything? I think id like to try just installing a new version of directx with out thier being an previeous versions to hang things up...
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

ObeyJohnny wrote:Thanks for the post slider, unfortunatly for me I forgot to mention that I already tried that and did remove those two files. I asked my father, and he says its a problem in the programs code. (dd7_display.cpp(715) would be an error in the 715th line of code in the game or something)
Is thier a way to completely remove directx for your system, without reinstalling evereything? I think id like to try just installing a new version of directx with out thier being an previeous versions to hang things up...
I suggest that you call IPLY or 14 degrees east and ask about your problem. And while you are at it ask for a new patch. :wink:
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

Stainless wrote:hey OTB, could you make this topic sticky?
It's okay, I've already done it.
Umpa
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Umpa »

what is the phrase that accompanies fallout tactics?

and will Fallout Tactics 2 ever be released?
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

It's: Fallout tactics: a post nuclear tactical combat game.

I have no idea if Fallout tactics 2 will be released. If it is made then I hope MF don't do it.
Roving_Rabid_Raider
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Roving_Rabid_Raider »

Okay, I have been roving the wasteland alot and I still cant get any special encounter. Something must be wrong here. 1 of my squad member has the Explorer perk and a 135% in Outdoorsman. Even with that, I still cant get those special Encounters. All I get are those Mutants, Reavers, Civilians, etc and etc.

How do I get special encounters?

I'm doing the Coldwater mission.
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

Special encounters seem to have nothing to do with stats or perks, there are certain map squares where special encounters are found, the squares always stay the same, the encounters found in them do not. It's just a matter of exploring many map squares until you find the special encounters.
Umpa
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Umpa »

you need one character with a high luck score. for example say your main character has 1 luck but Jimmy joe bob had 12. your parties luck would be 12. higher luck higher special encounter rate.
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

That's completely untrue, each special encounter square has a special encounter regardless of stats, perks, skills or anything else, you just need to get there.
Umpa
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Umpa »

did they change it from fallout and fallout 2 then?
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

Yeah, they did. In Fallout 1&2 it was dependant on luck, perks and outdoorsman but in Fallout Tactics, the special encounters were on the same squares. Try it sometime. Find a special encounter, note the map square. Start a different game and go to that square, there should be another special encounter in that very square.
Umpa
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Umpa »

really? i learn something new everyday. i see that your topic is more poular again. soon have it as big as it was on the GS forums
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

One can hope. Got it to around 30 something pages last time.
Our Host!