Nuka-Cola fan film

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Nuka-Cola fan film

Post by King of Creation »

<strong>[ Community -> Article ]</strong>

<p>Thanks to Taco-Hero for pointing this out:</p>
<p>
<object width="425" height="350" data="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q9UwlAAnlmg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">
<param name="src" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q9UwlAAnlmg" />
</object>
</p>
<p>Here's a write-up from <a href="http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/vi ... -Cola">The Escapist</a>:</p>
<p><span id="intelliTXT">
<p style="padding-left: 30px;"><em>Fallout: Nuka Break looks like an innocent Fallout fan film, but it could be a viral marketing campaign in disguise.</em></p>
<p style="padding-left: 30px;"><em>Wayside Creations has released the final version of its <a href="http://www.amazon.com/Fallout-New-Vegas ... B002SU4QG4" target="_blank">Fallout</a> fan film the group of filmmakers <a href="http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/vi ... to-Love-It" target="_blank">teased</a> last year. </em><em>Fallout: Nuka Break is the short tale of a slightly overweight vault dweller named Twig, his somewhat disloyal ghoul companion Ben, and the level-headed Scarlet that they free from slavers. Twig and Ben must be going for positive Karma.</em></p>
<p style="padding-left: 30px;"><em>The funny part about the film is how it'd absolutely be a piece of viral marketing for Nuka Cola, if it were a real soft drink. Twig's home, Vault 10, was sponsored by Nuka Cola and designed solely to test food dispensers. Over time, Vault 10's dwellers just got larger and larger. Twig came out as the skinniest of the bunch, but still had a raging addiction to Nuka Cola.</em></p>
<p style="padding-left: 30px;"><em>Fallout: Nuka Break follows Twig as he pines for even a single sip of the soda while traveling across the wasteland. Along the way, his group encounters bounty hunters and strange merchants they use their Speech skills on to avoid being shot. It works, most of the time.</em></p>
<p style="padding-left: 30px;"><em>The film mentions New Vegas and features a short segment of Twig using V.A.T.S, as just two examples of how it's faithful to </em><em>Fallout. Wayside Creations is hoping that the film can remain online as a fan creation, which is explained by Vault Boy's lawyer before it starts. I think it would have been killed by now if Bethesda had an issue, so Wayside should be in the clear. Now sit back, relax, crack open a refreshingly smooth Nuka Cola, and enjoy the show.</em></p>
<p>I was instantly put off by the copyright disclaimer at the beginning of the video, but we all know how game companies love litigation and take-downs.</p>
</span></p>
Alister McFap II Esq.
Jerry Falwell
Jerry Falwell

Post by Alister McFap II Esq. »

Old.
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

That was pretty good!
Alister McFap II Esq.
Jerry Falwell
Jerry Falwell

Last edited by Alister McFap II Esq. on Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

I hope rape
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

Damn good props and visuals, decent acting. No real spark but hey, thumbs up!
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

Not top notch like the Half Life 2 fan movie but pretty darn good.

Cheers for posting
Alister McFap II Esq.
Jerry Falwell
Jerry Falwell

Bethesda should bring up a lawsuit against them for copyright infringement, just in case. Image
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

I think 50 000 views is the benchmark you hit for making moneyz on Youtube. This one is well above... :S
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

Username wrote:I think 50 000 views is the benchmark you hit for making moneyz on Youtube. This one is well above... :S
I think you're wrong.
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

Yonmanc wrote:
Username wrote:I think 50 000 views is the benchmark you hit for making moneyz on Youtube. This one is well above... :S
I think you're wrong.

Which one is it then?

At the very max it's like 500 000 which they are about to hit in 2 days I expect.

In the past there were limits like this. I'm sure of this. Maybe today anyone can earn per click if they want to.
Atomkilla
Regular
Regular

Post by Atomkilla »

It's good, but not anything special.
Good props and stuff, but really, is Fallout just 3 and NV? I can't believe they actually had Chris Avellone help them or something.
Another generic (ok, not that generic) Fallout 3/New Vegas inspired...thing...
gobbleykins
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by gobbleykins »

That scarlet, damn I would insert my phallus into her vaginal cavity if you know what I'm saying.
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

Username wrote:
Yonmanc wrote:
I think you're wrong.

Which one is it then?

At the very max it's like 500 000 which they are about to hit in 2 days I expect.

In the past there were limits like this. I'm sure of this. Maybe today anyone can earn per click if they want to.
I'm making money on one of my videos, it has below 2000 views.
Briosafreak
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Briosafreak »

Did KoC got out of Egypt on time? I'm a bit worried now.
niejadek5
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by niejadek5 »

Tofu Man wrote:No real spark
You're gay.
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

Yonmanc wrote:
Username wrote:
Yonmanc wrote: I think you're wrong.

Which one is it then?

I'm making money on one of my videos, it has below 2000 views.

Must be some new shit.

How much you makin? :o!
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

Lol, not much.
Psychoul
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Psychoul »

are you making pennys? or. shall i ask, are you making enough a month to buy yourself a t-shirt?
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

niejadek5 wrote:You're gay.
Engrish not furst languaje? Spark =/= sparkle, you cretin.

Besides it's your own goddamn fault you think of homoerotic vampires every time you read those words. Try watching a little less teen girly entertainment next time.
Our Host!