Gone But Not Forgotten

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Caleb
Strider
Strider

Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Caleb »

In these trying times I think back to those who have gone before me. Those who have passed in the war. Those who helped us destroy those furry loving flowers :salute:. And it's now that I have to say goodbye to a good friend. Dack, it has been wonderful. I mourn your passing. The near coherence of blargh. The loss of most of our great posters. The wars have all ended, the games have offended, the franchise is dead and i hope dreddys acount is still suspended.

I'm sorry I missed your funeral and I'm sorry I didn't call. I almost feel like you're down there, screaming up at me...one rotten arm reaching up through the dirt to pull the last ethernet cord out of your corpse. I guess in the end I'm saying I'm emotionally damaged to the degree of drooling like a lunatic over my keyboard every time I see a flying dick across the screen. I duck and cover every time i hear a loud noise, or the sound of sonic booms overhead. And when I saw that cloud, shaped eerily like a mushroom cloud over my city...I shed a tear.

I miss you, so here are empty glasses of beer and your fucking cable bills your left on my table.

P.S. - Yes, the urine on your face is mine.
...signatures? WTF?
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Gargle my pee.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

DAC isn't dead, just comatose. I must apologize for my lack of interaction, but the current responsibilities have been keeping me busy.

Also, played through Dead Money. Very, very good. Very challenging and well written, with the kind of conclusion the end of the game has-- which leaves you with more of a feeling of involvement and accomplishment once you leave, unlike all of FO3's DLC. Also hints towards later installments, each sound good. Liked that the locations that have the transportation to DLC areas are pre-existant, and not simply added to the map as were FO3's. Weren't that many unique items there, though. Would compensate if I could find vanilla-release vendors selling the common ones introduced by the DLC (like police pistols and cosmic knives). Also would be cute if they could get the voice acting for further interactions with relevant characters (like BoS characters on topic with Father Elijah).

PS: Don't gargle his pee. It's alcohol parts per measure is enough to kill small animals
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Wait, we're all dead? Shit, this is news to me.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Confirmation bias.

Post by Blargh »

Ah, so that's why my toe nails have been falling out repeatedly . . . :drunk:
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Re: Confirmation bias.

Post by Manoil »

Blargh wrote:Ah, so that's why my toe nails have been falling out repeatedly . . . :drunk:
I'm sure, all things considered, you're better off without them.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I think DAC has been declared dead more than any other website but still goes on.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Alister McFap II Esq.
Jerry Falwell
Jerry Falwell

Post by Alister McFap II Esq. »

Quantum Death.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

deleted
Last edited by cazsim83 on Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

request sent
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

dac has been doing this since it left gamespy, chill chill.

:chew:
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

DAC will never die.

Also, here's hoping Fallout 4 is Obsidian-made. Anybody have any idea what the chances are of that happening? Actually, now that I'm almost done with New Vegas it's kind of a bummer that in another two years we'll probably get more shitty Bethesda nonsense that will diverge even more from the originals.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Dogmeatlives wrote: Also, here's hoping Fallout 4 is Obsidian-made. Anybody have any idea what the chances are of that happening?
Less than 0%. Unless, as I'm predicting, Zenimax uses that huge multi-million dollar investment they've just gotten to buy Obsidian, in which case all we'll ever see from those guys again is Fallout. My only gripes with that is A: I don't think Obsidian wants to make Fallout forever and B: That would put the final nail in the coffin for an Alpha Protocol 2.
- the Vault Dweller
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Retlaw83 wrote:
Dogmeatlives wrote: Also, here's hoping Fallout 4 is Obsidian-made. Anybody have any idea what the chances are of that happening?
Less than 0%. Unless, as I'm predicting, Zenimax uses that huge multi-million dollar investment they've just gotten to buy Obsidian, in which case all we'll ever see from those guys again is Fallout. My only gripes with that is A: I don't think Obsidian wants to make Fallout forever and B: That would put the final nail in the coffin for an Alpha Protocol 2.
Don't be so sure.
The success of New Vegas means Zenimax might very well keep Obsidian working on the franchise while they keep Beth/new allocated companies working toward other projects. As long as the net profit for keeping Obsidian on payroll is better than another studio new to the franchise (which is what I'm assuming they're basing the employment on) it wouldn't make much sense to replace them. Don't assume such bad thoughts until you start seeing more concrete indicators; for now, just try and enjoy the return of the franchise's dignity.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

How much of New Vegas' success was from the fact it was a superior product, and how much of it was from Bethtards who bought the sequel hoping it would offer the shame shallowness as Fallout 3? From what I've seen, a lot of Fallout 3 fans dislike New Vegas, and I don't think Bethesda has any reason not to keep banking on the lowest common denominator.
- the Vault Dweller
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Retlaw83 wrote:How much of New Vegas' success was from the fact it was a superior product, and how much of it was from Bethtards who bought the sequel hoping it would offer the shame shallowness as Fallout 3? From what I've seen, a lot of Fallout 3 fans dislike New Vegas, and I don't think Bethesda has any reason not to keep banking on the lowest common denominator.
I was just about to say the same thing but then read your post.
It's probably like:
45% FO3 retards
45% Bethesda's PR
10% A somewhat better product.

Yes, somewhat. I still don't think that NV is a good game but that is mainly due to the appalling engine.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

DAC hasn't been the same, lately.
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

Since the AIDS.
Caleb
Strider
Strider

Post by Caleb »

Since the departure of 4too.
Incitatus wrote:Ah, so that's why my toe nails have been falling out repeatedly . . . :drunk:
That, or the radiation. Take your pick.
...signatures? WTF?
Our Host!