Game you're playing. How far you are.

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Lost in NV, though I'm going to have to start a new file. Aggravating glitch is aggravating.

Also: Gun Pack
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Re: H-H-HUMILIATION !

Post by Stalagmite »

Blargh wrote:Cavepants - embarrassment to a nation of embarrassment(s). :drunk:
*sigh* I try too hard I'll admit, to do the "right thing" for us, but, as history has shown, all attempts are futile. *whisps away in time*

Fuck this shit I'm gettin' some beer. ROOSTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

iam also playing planetscape torrent :competition: faggot meme is faggot
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

Is there a resolution patch/mod for that game?
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Yes.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

I bought Planescape and Arcanum together for my birthday about a week ago, I warmed up to Arcanum a bit quicker so I'm playing that for now.

It seems to want to kill me a lot, because I'm dieing a lot. That or I just made a shitty character.
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

I finished ff13.

Now i am playing ninja gaiden 2. And i allmost trew my xbox controller in to the wall in chapter 3 out of 14. Hardest game ever. I have not been trowing controllers in to the wall since nes days.
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

SenisterDenister wrote:I bought Planescape and Arcanum together for my birthday about a week ago, I warmed up to Arcanum a bit quicker so I'm playing that for now.

It seems to want to kill me a lot, because I'm dieing a lot. That or I just made a shitty character.
Arcanum is bloody realistic. You need to forget everything you've learned from Fallout 3 and Oblivious shit and some other newer rpgs. Even Fallout was easier.

There is really little progression in the game. Sure some areas late in game become harder (and I've never finished the game myself, lost the saved files) but overall there are very difficult areas even in the early cities. For example if you refuse to follow your followers advice at the start and continue downwards you'll come up to a pack of wolfes that you basicaly can't beat with a normal character on your first playthrough. I mean you might but its very hard. Defeating the thieves at the first little town is very difficult without a an extra follower so make sure you don't burn all your bridges (literally) to solving it differently. etc etc.
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

I was just joking about random encounters but whatever.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Frater Perdurabo wrote:GOG has over the past few months been adding games into a certain compilation:
NWN Diamond
TOEE
IWD Complete
PS:T
BG
IWD 2

There's one game left to be announced. It will most likely be BG2? Anyway, once the last game is released there should probably be a discount on the whole lot and that's when I'll buy them. The last announcement came on November 5 and the penultimate one on October 28 so BG2 shouldn't be too far off.
Don't worry, usually GOG offers you an additional discount when buying a pack if you already own one or two of the games.
So they added BG2 a few days ago but there is no discount :flamed:
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

Can you belive I have never played BG?

I sorta feel ashamed. :(
Then again Senister didn't buy PE:T and Arcanum until a week or so ago so I know there are worse examples out there.

Does the BG2 story depend alot on BG1?
Thought about going directly for BG2 but I heard its actually a bit worse when it comes to the RP part?
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

I give hats off to anyone who can actually complete Baldur's Gate.
That game to me is like marrying a super model just because, banging hot and fun at first but once the fun starts to die down tedium sets in and keeps stacking on the further you go.
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

So basically it's like Lionheart with older graphics?

Darn I can remember myself sprawling with joy as I left Barcelona for the first time only to realize I stepped on the slippery slope to repetetive mediocracy.

I actually completed the game in the end taking it for what it is. Fallout in real time for the first 2 hours and Diablo for the next 10.
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

I mean, it's better than most of those "RPG'S" out there, but it still couldn't keep it's charm to me mid game, Probably because DnD and the Infinity engine start restricting themselves around your play neck eventually.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

What Stalagmite said. I never played BG1 or 2 or the IWD series because I just absolutely hate the engine. Nevertheless, I did play PS:T but I'd say that the crappy engine and the shitty D&D system is what really killed part of the appeal for me.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

By the way, if you pre-order Witcher 2 on GOG you get a DRM free game + a classic old-school RPG for free! You get to pick from Divine Divinity, Beyond Divinity, Realms of Arkania 1+2/3 and Gothic 2 Gold.
I know that there's a lot of swell guy on DaC who still haven't played Gothic 2. Honestly, that game really is fantastic and I recommend that you guys give it a go. (H5) Kashluk
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

If you can somehow find Gothic 1 first play it, the story is better than the second one (time restraints blah blah blah JoWood sucks argument), but still worthy, sort of like a non inbred legit heir to the throne but wasn't slapped quite hard enough during childhood.
Better than all those other games in any case.
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

HOW DARE YOU DISS THE AWESOMENESS THAT IS BALDURS GATE! A CURSE UPON YOUR FAMILIY!!

But seriously, baldurs gate is awesome beyond compare. Its probably the last of the real rpg, together with the Icewind Dale series. For us supernerdz who like to pen and paper it up with a mad blunt and some d20s up in the hizzouse.
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Yeah well, I never got around to PnP'ing it up in my youth, though thanks to BG and an old 3rd edition handbook that eventually collected dust I have an understanding, and needless to say putting that kind of stuff on a PC game in an oversimplified way is far worse than creating game mechanics FOR a pc game from scratch.

The infinity engine manages to be broad but at the same time giving the atmosphere a "thin" look, like the landscape is secondary to the game or something.

To counter your complete contradiction, of course.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

The absolute best thing about Baldur's Gate II would be the modding community. And by best I mean most hilarious.

:drunk:
Our Host!