The Walking Dead

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

The Walking Dead

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Has anyone seen this series yet? Is it worth a watch?
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

I've seen S01E01. It was pretty sweet. A nice adaptation of the comic, IMHO. The story-telling pace is good, not too hasty, not too slow. It's well done (=with plenty of dough) sfx- and prop-wise.

Worth a watch? Totally.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

First episode was great. Next episode is this coming Sunday, so I'll definitely be watching that.
Subhuman

Post by Subhuman »

The premiere was fantastic, much better than I expected. Excellent pacing, genuinely creepy, and a decent level of gore without being numbingly gratuitous. (I was also struck by the fact that, in the premiere, most of the carnage happens during scenes in broad daylight.) Very well-acted with some genuinely emotional parts that don't seem tacked-on. It's definitely worth a watch.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

I endorse it. At the NYCC panel they showed a preview of the show and it looked pretty shitty IMO, but the first episode was excellent.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

'who are you' - 'the messiah' *blam*

Post by Blargh »

It was less shite than I had anticipated. Hopefully it won't be anywhere near as given to plodding as certain parts of the source were. No, the governor was not adequate compensation for the entirety of the prison arc. Also, I hope that Rick the Messiah is toned down a bit. ETCETERA. :drunk:
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

I felt that it was a bit meh. Perhaps because I find the protagonist most unlikable.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

yo so i just watched episode two and the quality difference was pretty insane. First episode- stellar. Second- meh at best.

Very strange. Obviously they pulled out all the stops for the first episode but dang. Even the acting was more believable. And the parts not in the comic that were added into the second episode were kind of silly. They need to really step up their game.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Burning Oasis
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Burning Oasis »

Anyone got a link to the episode?
I missed it. D:
-----------------------------------------------------------Has anyone ever been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Hahaha pilot episode deception.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Burning Oasis wrote:Anyone got a link to the episode?
I missed it. D:
Try PirateBay.org.
Burning Oasis
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Burning Oasis »

Ah, I had already gone to demonoid after I posted the comment. Thanks though. Anyways, some bits of the acting were pretty terrible, but hey; It's the second episode. They have plenty of time to redeem themselves.
-----------------------------------------------------------Has anyone ever been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Yeah, some of the cast that appeared for the first time in episode 2 weren't as solid as Rick.
Our Host!