Game you're playing. How far you are.

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

Yes you can play CoH online and yes it is a far superior game.
Cow Cud is a twin.
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

Far superior to what? Single player? :?
popscythe
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by popscythe »

Just finished Fallout again.

Almost forgot how much fun it is to see that asshole overseer dragging his guts across the cave floor. Now Ed's got some company!
"I've decided that if positive affirmations can "cure cancer" then negative affirmations can cause cancer. Chant with me: Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard."
jawleSS
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by jawleSS »

completed all episodes on Duke Nukem 3d

ni
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

I'm getting pressured into buying CoD Black Ops. Need reasonable people to test it. And say it sucks. So I can play Starcraft 2 and ignore peer pressure.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

They're cranking one of these out yearly now. I don't know the quality of last year's, but it'll either suck or be such a minor upgrade to it that you'll be like one of those douches who buys the new Madden NFL game annually.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

i am playing zelda spirit tracks and i am in the volcano part of the map where i have to deliver ice from the ice part of the map, doesn't get much more exciting than that huh
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Retlaw83 wrote:They're cranking one of these out yearly now. I don't know the quality of last year's, but it'll either suck or be such a minor upgrade to it that you'll be like one of those douches who buys the new Madden NFL game annually.
Different studios developing them.
edit: studios, not studies :S
Last edited by Frater Perdurabo on Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Frater Perdurabo wrote:Different studies developing them.
I was under the impression that Infinity Ward jumped ship on account of them being screwed on bonuses, and that Treyarch has taken over forever.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Yeh but the idea is that each studio releases a game every 2 years or so.
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

Finished Dragon age:origins, was kinda fun but horible combat system.

Now i am half way thourh FFXIII. Not the best gameplay, but grahpics are damn cool and its a fun game.
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

FF XIII is not a fun game at all. Its one loooooong corridor with the occational cut-scene to push the strory. Thats it. Doesnt get better, and you just keep running forward through the corridors. Cutscene. More running. Cutscene. Bad fight. Cutscene. Cutscene. Corridor.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

FFXIII was horrible.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

Haris wrote:Finished Dragon age:origins, was kinda fun but horible combat system.

Now i am half way thourh FFXIII. Not the best gameplay, but grahpics are damn cool and its a fun game.
Not sure that the DA combat system is that bad. Classic rpg style I'd say. I had more of a beef with the limiting skills system and the fact that your basic stats don't seem to do much.
DA:o was imo a much needed revert back to party based rpgs. Seems like the sequel will be a pile of crap tho.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

And don't forget, the swords had Dildo Pommels of Magic!
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

Well i didnt like the combat in dragon age at all. Maybe it wasnt the system that was bad, but it was badly done. If you compare it with Diablo fighting, in diablo 2 it really both looks and feels good.

In dragon age it didnt feel like i was hitting enemies at all. It was badly done. That was the bigest problem i had with fallout 3 to. Its not that i didnt like the system it just didnt look or feel like combat.

I dont really know what it is, maybe sound is matching badly when hitting enemies and graphics movment is out of sync.

Now FFXIII is not a bad game. Its nowhere close to FFX in gameplay but in later series FF is 50% graphics, 25% gameplay and character development and 25% story that make the game. FFXIII delivers graphics better than any game i played. Bit short on gameplay and story is ok.
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

seriously, its like walking through a 3d mark test for 60 hours. FF XIII was just really really sad.

The last final fantasy game I liked was #9. It was nostalgic as fuck even though it was brand new when I played it, and that is quite a feat of game developing.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Gimp Mask wrote:i am playing zelda spirit tracks and i am in the volcano part of the map where i have to deliver ice from the ice part of the map, doesn't get much more exciting than that huh

I'm still playing New Vegas but I plan to squeeze zelda spirit tracks because I got it last christmas and never really played it much.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

remember to review csi new vegas once youre done
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

nah tah
May fire up something. tho wish I had more than an x-box and a burnt out pc that manages to handle new vegas perfectionally lol.
Let's play anti-zionists in real life lol
Our Host!