More Galactica on the way

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

More Galactica on the way

Post by King of Creation »

I'm a big fan of the new Galactica and Caprica series, and it seems SyFy know that in order to succeed they must please me. Therefore, they have announced another new series:
Syfy has given the greenlight to "Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome" from Executive Producer David Eick, it was announced today by Mark Stern, Executive Vice President of Original Programming, Syfy and Co-Head of Content for Universal Cable Productions. Universal Cable Productions will produce the 2-hour pilot with Syfy utilizing cutting edge CGI and virtual technology.

"Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome" takes place in the 10th year of the first Cylon war. As the battle between humans and their creation, a sentient robotic race, rages across the 12 colonial worlds, a brash rookie viper pilot enters the fray. Ensign William Adama, barely in his 20's and a recent Academy graduate, finds himself assigned to the newest battlestar in the Colonial fleet, the Galactica. The talented but hot-headed risk-taker soon finds himself leading a dangerous top secret mission that, if successful, will turn the tide of the decade long war in favor of the desperate fleet.

"The 'Galactica' universe as re-imagined by Ron Moore and David Eick is rich with possibilities and backstory," said Mark Stern. "We jumped at the chance to revisit the William Adama character and explore this exciting chapter in the BSG narrative which falls between the events of the original series and the prequel, 'Caprica,' currently airing on Syfy."

"While maintaining the themes of politics, social propaganda, and the timeless question: what does it mean to be human? - 'Blood & Chrome' will also return us to the authentic, relentless depiction of combat and the agony and ecstasy of human-Cylon war, which was the hallmark of 'Battlestar Galactica's' early seasons," said David Eick.

Michael Taylor wrote the teleplay from a story by Eick, Taylor and Bradley Thompson & David Weddle.
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=71043
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

In my opinion, the Sci-Fi network raped the original Battlestar Galactica in the same manner Bethesda raped Fallout.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Except the new Battlestar Galactica is amazing.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

A soap opera in space where the writer hits a dart board with character names to decide who's really a Cylon. Brilliant.

They could have not used the BSG license and no one would recognize it wasn't based on BSG, much like Bethesda could have not used the Fallout license and still made Fallout 3 with the only connection between real Fallout and it being the post-apocalypse sub-genre.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Retlaw83 wrote:They could have not used the BSG license and no one would recognize it wasn't based on BSG, much like Bethesda could have not used the Fallout license and still made Fallout 3 with the only connection between real Fallout and it being the post-apocalypse sub-genre.
Granted, but while Bethesda pulled off a shoddy replica while attempting to capture the essence of the original, the new Galactica series very much intended to be a unique vision without owing anything to the original series.
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

I picked up the new BSG in the end season and was disappointed. I had no desire to watch the rest.
I watched Caprica season 1 and after the season finale I found myself not caring what happened next. When season 2 started I asked myself if I would continue, and the answer was no.
I miss the good ol' USSA.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

I dug BSG for about two seasons, then a bit into the third as Lee dropped out of the military and all the other stupid crap happened I stopped caring entirely.

Caprica I didn't once have the slightest urge to see, it looked like spinoff fodder to generate revenue on a successful franchise re-imagining.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Psychoul
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Psychoul »

King of Creation wrote:
Retlaw83 wrote:They could have not used the BSG license and no one would recognize it wasn't based on BSG, much like Bethesda could have not used the Fallout license and still made Fallout 3 with the only connection between real Fallout and it being the post-apocalypse sub-genre.
Granted, but while Bethesda pulled off a shoddy replica while attempting to capture the essence of the original, the new Galactica series very much intended to be a unique vision without owing anything to the original series.
hence.... re-imagined series?

EDIT: i actually really enjoyed BSG, it was an amazing series. Caprica... was sort of meh, i didnt get into it. First Cylon war sounds pretty cool though.
Our Host!