I COMPLETED TEH GAEM1!1111

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.

Well?

Good
19%
Real Good! Like I can fly man! w000!
29%
Nothing, it's only a game.
10%
Empty
10%
Sad. It's all over! FUCK!
14%
Other...
19%

Total votes: 21

DeepOmega
Regular
Regular

Post by DeepOmega »

Deus Ex is one of the longest games I've played. Even when I know what I'm doing, it's a good 15 or 20 hours of play time, and when I didn't it was closer to 40. The only thing is I wish it was harder. Even realistic is painfully simple, since it forces you to take the passive approach. Hell, any shot to your head kills you, two or three shots to torso kills you... There's always some way to just avoid the enemy (air ducts! whoo!) or get other things to kill em for you (bots, turrets, etc). Now Thief 2.... that's a hard (and long) game.
Peace and much love...
Dark Xenomorph

Post by Dark Xenomorph »

Deus Ex is only like 30 hours but for some reason I still play DeX even though i have the story memorized in and out.
DeepOmega
Regular
Regular

Post by DeepOmega »

It's just engrossing... Deus Ex has one of the most fantastic storylines of any recent game. Everything you do advances the story (as opposed to, say, Half-Life, where you basically just kill stuff in the order you're told to), and it creates a world that feels almost alive. There are almost as many innocents as there are people to kill in that game, and everything you do can have some lasting effect. (Ever walked into the women's restroom at UNATCO HQ? :D) Plus, it has mutant chickens.
Peace and much love...
Dark Xenomorph

Post by Dark Xenomorph »

I suppose they could be chickens to me they seem like dino turkeys
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I'm on mission 4 of MOHAA (the snipers everywhere..I keep dying so much it's not even funny)

I thought half-life lasted quite a long time, and had a good story. Pity the ending was shitty. Deus Ex didn't take me that long to complete, but I didn't explore everywhere properly. The ending was a bit anti-climatic though. Just flick a bunch of switches.

I completed Max payne yesterday (only had it for 3 days). Pity this bitch from round the corner came around to ask me how to install Petz 4 or some shit. I felt good after that though, espeacially after the helicopter had killed me about 30 times.
Dark Xenomorph

Post by Dark Xenomorph »

Tell me... Does anyone still play HL's single player campaign nowdays? Its all sp mods now. They Hunger, Heart of Evil ( which is hilarious, Kahluk if your reading this ) the list goes on.

400 more to go..... :(
BigJack
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by BigJack »

DeepOmega wrote:(Ever walked into the women's restroom at UNATCO HQ? :D)
Yesss, the first time i played... The girl gets pissed, your boss gives you a warning "These events embarass our organization more than you..." LOL :lol: :D And later on, after some missions, she's talking to a guard then sees you and says "Oh hi JC." the guard says: "You already know him?" the girl says: "Yes, i told you remember? We met in the bathroom." LOLOLOL :D :lol: :wink:
"When Angels deserve to die." - SoaD (System of a Down)

A Member Of The Knight Organization
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

TheReaper wrote: Deus Ex was long but Half-life was short. As were all the add-ons. Especially Blue Shift. I have no idea what the longest game is that I have played but there are a few long ones. Blade Runner, NWN, FO2, Clive Barker's Undying.
Half-life is very long, for a FPS. I completed Blue-Shift in few hours, it's about as long as 'Surface Tension' chapter in original HL, which is the best chapter btw. It's the mods what kept Half Life alive after you've completed it. Counter Strike for example, though it's getting old now. And all the single player mods if you only bothered downloading them.
Dark Xenomorph

Post by Dark Xenomorph »

Surface Tension is indeed the best. The worst Black Mesa episode was the last one before Xen. I hated the game after that.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I liked all of them, except the last one. To many jumping puzzles.

I like Opposing forces best as a single-player campaign. It took the best bits from the original, then got rid of the bits that didn't work. But they still fucked up the end.
Dark Xenomorph

Post by Dark Xenomorph »

That boss was really boring and unorginal. HL ending was alot better too.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

The endning in HL kinda spoiled the excellent game. A classic back then but try playing it now and compare it to other shooters out there. I bet the impact isn't as great as it was when you played it the first time. FPS's nowadays have scripted events and actually a plot or story of some sort. HL was first to introduce that into FPS genre, surprisingly enough.

But nothing beats Doom...
Dark Xenomorph

Post by Dark Xenomorph »

You didnt get that the sciencetists were studying the creatures long before the accident? God, i thought that was soo obvious!
Bulldog
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Bulldog »

TheReaper wrote: I have no idea what the longest game is that I have played but there are a few long ones. Blade Runner, NWN, FO2, Clive Barker's Undying.
I finished Blade Runner really quickly, and got pretty much all the different endings. I really like that game.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Hm... I've been wondering where to get Blade Runner - for low price, of course.

I heard there's a DVD-version of it out, is that true?

It would make everything quite simple, when I'd only have to meddle with one disc.
Dark Xenomorph

Post by Dark Xenomorph »

I found a 4 disc edition at Toysrus
Our Host!