Has anyone seen this film? (The Holy Mountain)

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Has anyone seen this film? (The Holy Mountain)

Post by Username »

Curious about buying/renting/downloading this one.

thought Megatron or someone else might have seen it and could give a short review without to much spoilers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Holy_M ... 1973_film)

^ Link is messed up due to the ( ). CTRL+C/V
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I've watche dit duh.

Id say watch it definately, though its soret of like giving gine cheese and wine to a dog or pig. but yeah okay

its about jesus fucker reliqinuteing the 10 commandentments of the greek planets in order to find the quest fore eternal life onf the HOLU MOUNTAIN not that that matters as its the best to watch when off your face like most films so you dont emember them for later but this one especially anywayyyyyy

jadorowski or whatever his fucking name is directed a film before called el topo which is perhaps better than el topo im humbo imho?> although this is more spiritual and bla bla but yeah, of course watch it. are you going to fucking watch BIG again or some other bullshit? the best things in life are the things that wake you from the biarre living nightmare of banal ass fuck, if for a little bit you can watch some guy direct some other cunts fuck about blowing up liza\rrds and shit then thats the right way to go. im not going to say dont watch it because youre a pleb as thats WElllllll elitist but you should watch it. the least youre goig to get out of it is a benchmarrrrk. personally im not that familiar with arty farts as i like pop culture so i can shoot shit up some freshmans ass with my balls full of shit but stuff like holy mountain or lynch shit is the way forward i suppose rather that than watching this is ernie???????
Last edited by Megatron on Mon May 17, 2021 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

So basically the movie is as confusing as your posts are when you're wasted and high?

Anyway alright, tis little pleb is going to watch this über advaned - only for illuminated stoners - movie.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

i wasnt stoned at the time, jeez. did you even read my post? i was half congratulating you on watching something a little wiggy, it's a good benchmark for 'FRINGE CINEMA' or whatever instead of everybody watching the first minute of un chien andalou and thinking they are the tits. El Topo is by the same director and perhaps, better? Im just not sure if youll like it as you havent really demonstrated you are capable at anything and youll probably think the films bullshit maybe

p.s it wes on youtubs last time i looked
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

Not demonstrated that I am capable of anything? :finger:

Anyway I don't want to watch it on youtube due to it being an avant garde movie of sorts and the bad quality might spoil it. If you, oh great mind of our age, have it on the HD perhaps you could upload it on a FTP server or something?

I'm having some trouble with Piratebay atm and can't fight it elsewhere.

edit: Gah, isn't on the two biggest onlinestores in Sweden neither; Ginza and Cdon.
Can't find it on youtube.

Gonna try a P2P program now but I doubt it's there.
Getting kinda sad now.

And I just called my local videostore and it didn't have it. You sure this movie is worth all this effort? :p
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

Well I finally got ahold of the movie and watched it.

It was a good movie.
It would be quite hard for someone without any background knowledge of things to understand it at all.

I understood some concepts and symbols from before, I learned a little bit of new to. Not to much though. I didn't quite get everythiing but even so it tickled the mind. Even someone who doesn't understand the undertones at all would be able to appreciate the film at some level.

I do not understand the extreme use of sex in the film. It was unnecessary, disgusting at some point. I couldn't watch a few of the last scenes. The spider scene freaked me out to. Not due to the spiders but the feeling that the actors fear was real, the screams. No film has come close to that effect to me as this one has.

But yeah, some of the scenes were just disgusting and on that topic I'd like to comment on your avatar and say it is quite disgusting to and I'd honestly appreciate it if you removed it.
Also despite having audio turned up to the max on both settings and headphones I couldn't hear all the dialouge which was sad, hopefully I'll solve this the next time I watch the film.

Definetly not the best movie I've seen. It really didn't have to be as abstract as it was. But it's for sure a good movie. Probably top 15 of all that I have seen.

I'd like to chat with someone about the movie, if someone wants send me your msn in PM and we can talk.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

its been a while since i watched it but from what i can remember its heavily steeped in mysticism such as tarot cards, christianity and astrology? so it might help to research those things seperatly to get the SYMBULS. i cant really remember the sex being so graphic or anything? it might help you more for this film and future to look into context, like the time it was made or the director or bla bla. also a lot of the actors were on drugs?
Username wrote: But yeah, some of the scenes were just disgusting and on that topic I'd like to comment on your avatar and say it is quite disgusting to and I'd honestly appreciate it if you removed it.
x-rays of pelvis? you have a pelvis dont you. that is disgusting your bones are crumbling get rid of your pelvis you dont need it its the skull for the arse and genitals cut off your lower head skull x-ray shape spex get rid of it now

CHEERS THOGRIMM
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

God man speak normal english.

And no I guess I have one of these pelvises.
I just don't need to see pictures of stuff through them when ever I see you write.

Anyway yeah the movie has a pretty cool backstory. Dude who made it was on LSD and the actors lived in a collective for 1 month.
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Cimmerian Nights »

Holy Mountain is pretty trippy.

I'm not going to pretend that I get half the symbolism or that Jodorowsky even knows what he's doing half the time.

But, there are some scenes in that movie - funny, profane, profound...

The movie just stays with you for a long time. It begs to be rewatched under the influence.

Here's a good one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDYOIm8vWjA

It's a pity his version of Dune never got off the ground.
http://www.duneinfo.com/unseen/jodorowsky.asp

I liked the first half of El Topo, supposedly there is a sequel in the works, but I'll beleive it when I see it.

Santa Sangre was pretty good too.
You can't argue with a good blow job -George Carlin
Our Host!