Fallout:New Vegas...The Television Commercial

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Doc Hill
Overopinionated
Overopinionated

Fallout:New Vegas...The Television Commercial

Post by Doc Hill »

<strong>[ Game -> Preview ]</strong> - More info on <a href="http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Bethesda Softworks">Company: Bethesda Softworks</a> | More info on <a href="http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout: New Vegas">Game: Fallout: New Vegas</a>

<p>Title says it all.Enjoy.</p>
<p><object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QfVYZTx6AAI?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QfVYZTx6AAI?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object></p><p>Spotted @ <a href="http://bethblog.com/">Bethesda Blog</a></p>
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

Ah so you nuke vegas at the end? Good to know before I've played the game :D (...)

No but thanks for posting these Doc! Really appreciate it.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

NAT KING COLE!!!

'Bout f***ing time he found his way into Fallout!
gobbleykins
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by gobbleykins »

beth sure knows how to make original commercials!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPt08UYmyMo
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Now if only they knew how to make a Fallout game.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Doc Hill
Overopinionated
Overopinionated

Post by Doc Hill »

It's a commercial. It does what it's supposed to. IT's not an epic poem. It's not kabuki theatre. And since Obsidian is making this one, with BEthesda's resources and marketing dept. I'll reserve judgement,
Life is like cheap whiskey, it's mostly bad, and leaves a shitty taste in your mouth, but it's better then nothing.
gobbleykins
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by gobbleykins »

I was only comparing similarities between the FO3 commercial and the FONV commercial. wasn't implying new veg is gonna be bad, just saying they could vary up the delivery/hype machine. from my understanding, fallout isn't just about jazz music and old style television screens.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

JINGLE JANGLE JINGLE!

Also, it's kind of retarded that a song like Frank Sinatra's Lonesome Road never made it into the soundtrack.
popscythe
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by popscythe »

Okay birdies, open up as wide as you can, Momma beth is about to puke some more fucking garbage down your throat!

The one good thing to note about this fucking shitfest is that business is bad enough that absolutely nothing is sacred. It doesn't matter who you are, if you're in "the industry" you will stand up and salute whatever the fuck you're told to salute because it's that or get another job.

I don't think this gets pointed out often enough, so here it goes again: every time someone pleads "BUT ITS OBSIDIAN! "THEY" MADE FALLOUT 2!" I can only remember how "they" are the ones who couldn't help but shatter a glass jar in Fallout's anus at the time of Fallout 2, let alone now with different masters and a far bleaker state of the industry.
"I've decided that if positive affirmations can "cure cancer" then negative affirmations can cause cancer. Chant with me: Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard."
Cakester
They call me Bum Tickler

Post by Cakester »

that fallout 3 trailer was pretty cool. gave me chills. if only they had a game as good as that
I been K-lined, G-lined, and Kalvin Klein'd. Nevermind , my kicks, temp bans, perma bans and accusations that i use contraband. i am a hardcore troller, from when i get out of bed, till i fall asleep contemplating the new trolls that lay ahead. 24/7 the net is active, gotta preemptive or be two two puh packive
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

what?
Cow Cud is a twin.
Doc Hill
Overopinionated
Overopinionated

Post by Doc Hill »

popscythe wrote:PAY ATTENTION I AM AN ANGRY INTERNETNERD.
Life is like cheap whiskey, it's mostly bad, and leaves a shitty taste in your mouth, but it's better then nothing.
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

He does have a point, though.
popscythe
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by popscythe »

Doc Hill wrote:Sitting here by my Fire that I've freshly brought home from a tree that God struck with a Thunderbolt, your 747 enrages me.
You and the rest of the trite cavemen.
"I've decided that if positive affirmations can "cure cancer" then negative affirmations can cause cancer. Chant with me: Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard."
Doc Hill
Overopinionated
Overopinionated

Post by Doc Hill »

Okay, fine, lets throw down thusly, you're spewing general bile the OMG I CAN"T HAVE FALLOUT 2 AGAIN! OR FALLOUT 1 WICH WAS BETTAR!

I get it. I do. Both games were fun and engaging, well made and had alot of fun things, but then Interplay died. Fallout 3 is deeply flawed, the engine is dated, the the first person shooter aspect is ill balanced with the skills, they used like 3 fucking voice actors. ect ect.

I've been knee deep in New Vegas news for a bit now, so much so they slammed my rangey ass into the news team. And I've seen some legitamately good things. What I'm seeing, no matter what the interviews are saying, is a love letter to the original franchise.Deeper chracters, a real fucking cast of voice actors, fishing up tons of refuse from Van Buren and revisitng factions and characters from the originals. They're even bringing back the REAL enclave power armor.

Could I be wrong? Of course I could be, but I'm going to give the game a goddamn chance before burning it at the fucking stake. I'm actually looking forward to NV, I might be dissapointed, but to hell with it.

There's a reason my title is Overopinionated.
Cakester
They call me Bum Tickler

Post by Cakester »

Stalagmite wrote:He does have a point, though.
a good point, but he has no life.
I been K-lined, G-lined, and Kalvin Klein'd. Nevermind , my kicks, temp bans, perma bans and accusations that i use contraband. i am a hardcore troller, from when i get out of bed, till i fall asleep contemplating the new trolls that lay ahead. 24/7 the net is active, gotta preemptive or be two two puh packive
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Doc Hill wrote: Could I be wrong? Of course I could be, but I'm going to give the game a goddamn chance before burning it at the fucking stake. I'm actually looking forward to NV, I might be dissapointed, but to hell with it.
Don't worry about Popscythe, he's disgusted by any product that's commercially viable and wants to hold people to ethical standards that would see them jobless.

He's either a mooching pothead who doesn't have to work for a living, or a trust fund baby that doesn't have to work for a living.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Cakester
They call me Bum Tickler

Post by Cakester »

Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Wasn't any funnier in the other thread you posted that in
Kickstand27
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Kickstand27 »

popscythe wrote:Okay birdies, open up as wide as you can, Momma beth is about to puke some more fucking garbage down your throat!

The one good thing to note about this fucking shitfest is that business is bad enough that absolutely nothing is sacred. It doesn't matter who you are, if you're in "the industry" you will stand up and salute whatever the fuck you're told to salute because it's that or get another job.

I don't think this gets pointed out often enough, so here it goes again: every time someone pleads "BUT ITS OBSIDIAN! "THEY" MADE FALLOUT 2!" I can only remember how "they" are the ones who couldn't help but shatter a glass jar in Fallout's anus at the time of Fallout 2, let alone now with different masters and a far bleaker state of the industry.
fuckin deal with it, all you whiney lil bitches
typos are bound to happen. fuck it
Our Host!