APOX trailer and screenshost

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

APOX trailer and screenshost

Post by King of Creation »

<strong>[ Game -> Preview ]</strong> - More info on <a href="http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/BlueGiant Interactive">Company: BlueGiant Interactive</a> | More info on <a href="http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/APOX">Game: APOX</a>

<p><em><strong>APOX</strong></em>, the post-apoc RTS we reported on a little while ago, has released a bunch of <a href="http://www.apoxgame.com/Media">new screenshots</a> and a Concept Trailer. Check it out:</p>
<p>
<object width="640" height="385" data="http://www.youtube.com/v/igsWp9wxsd8&co ... edded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">
<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" />
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" />
<param name="src" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/igsWp9wxsd8&co ... edded&fs=1" />
<param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" />
</object>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>You can <a href="http://www.apoxgame.com/Media">view the screenshots here</a>.</p>
<p>Thanks to<strong> Vinnie</strong> from BlueGiant for letting us know!</p>
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

Not sure what to tell you mate. I don't like the idea of automated gatling guns on top of cars. Rather man them. I hope they keep it real and not just flashy and kewl.

But I liked the way combat worked in the last vid, it seems to relate much to defensive positions and maybe even height.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

That was a .... lacklustre .... concept trailer. I still stand by it looking mediocre, at best, utilizing PA just for the sake of PA, because it's hip, not because they want to actually utilize it as more than just a vague setting to prepare palette colors and whatnot.

And for the record, automated or manned, what the hell is a minigun doing in a post apocalyptic environment? If ammunition is scarce and of some great import, who in their right mind would tote around weaponry that spits it out by the thousand?

Again. Mediocrity. I stand by my right to change my opinion down the line, but I don't see it being necessary. Each little tidbit is just worse and worse.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

jetbaby wrote: And for the record, automated or manned, what the hell is a minigun doing in a post apocalyptic environment? If ammunition is scarce and of some great import, who in their right mind would tote around weaponry that spits it out by the thousand?
Fallout?
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Rarity, generally used by highly militarized organizations such as the Brotherhood of Steel or Enclave, both of whom have the ability to manufacture required ammunition, and they are only two among many who clearly maintain the ability to manufacture powder based ammunition in Fallout's post apocalyptic world.

Let me apply some emphasis for you.
jetbaby wrote:If ammunition is scarce and of some great import, who in their right mind would tote around weaponry that spits it out by the thousand?
Read that sentence. Maybe twice.

In Fallout ammunition is only scarce and of great importance when you're filthy poor very early in the game, and only to you as an individual. As I explained, ammunition is not necessarily a rarity in the Fallout world as many groups are capable of manufacturing it.

Finish the post and connect some dots. They make a point to add ammunition as a gameplay element to emphasize the rarity of it, yet refute that rarity by spinning up the barrels and spraying it downrange at a several thousand rounds a minute.

Personally I think they're out of place in Fallout as well, but at least they clearly CAN fit into the Fallout universe, as canon allows for it, I just don't think they ought to be there because it's a very oddball weapon to put in.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

agreed and I thought about this, was gonna edit to machinegun but was to lazy.

We'll see. This has got potential but I feel that the developers do not have the balls nor the vision to make a great game out of it. I do hope it will be good though.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Well, excited as I am for a post-apoc RTS, the cars and the dirtbiker looked extremely... clean. I was expecting more a retro feel rather than 2010 mustangs with vulcan miniguns on top; something more with the frame of the Warthog from Halo but the design aesthetic of Fallout (ie 50s Chevy/Plymouth metal beasts). Modern cars are mostly light metals and composites that while lightweight and fast, wouldn't be dense enough to counter the velocity of even a .220 round. Any asshole with a handgun or Class 1-2 firearm could probably penetrate the exterior (pending chop shop armor plating additions) and injure/kill the crew.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

It would make more sense to be using the heavy framed 80's cars, to me.
Our Host!