APOX - Post-Apoc RTS

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

APOX - Post-Apoc RTS

Post by King of Creation »

<strong>[ Game -> Preview ]</strong> - More info on <a href="http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/BlueGiant Interactive">Company: BlueGiant Interactive</a> | More info on <a href="http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/APOX">Game: APOX</a>

<p>Vinnie from BlueGiant Interactive stopped by and let me know about a new post-apocalyptic RTS that his company is developing called <em><strong><a href="http://www.apoxgame.com/">APOX</a></strong></em>. Here's the info and a trailer:</p>
<blockquote>
<p><em>APOX is a real-time strategy game set in a near post-apocalyptic, Mad-Max-esque universe.

Key Features

* Prone, cover, and realistic line-of-fire
* Realistic ammo and fuel supply system
* Multiplayer games with up to 32 players
* Over 100 maps
* Map editor
* Place soldiers in vehicles to essentially form new unit types</em></p>
<p> </p>
<p>
<object width="640" height="385" data="http://www.youtube.com/v/PzW39q3maRk?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">
<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" />
<param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" />
<param name="src" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PzW39q3maRk?fs=1&hl=en_US" />
<param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" />
</object>
</p>
</blockquote>
<p>Head over to <a href="http://www.apoxgame.com/">their website </a>for more screenshots, info, and to sign up for the beta. Stay tuned for the official press release</p>
<p><strong>
</strong></p>
<p><strong>Update</strong>: Here's the press release -</p>
<blockquote>
<p><em>FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

BLUEGIANT INTERACTIVE ANNOUNCES APOX - Coming Late 2010 for PC and MAC

Hyderabad, India (September 9th, 2010) &ndash; Game developer BlueGiant Interactive today officially
announced their upcoming title, APOX. APOX is a real-time strategy game set in a near post-apocalyptic,
Mad-Max-esque universe.

&ldquo;APOX is an RTS game at its core, although it blends in elements of FPS and RPG genres. We introduced
FPS concepts like equipping multiple weapons, weapon drops, and limited ammo. We added RPG
elements such as experience (veterancy) and giving units a high level of customization. You can put any
soldier type into any vehicle type and essentially create dozens of unique unit variations,&rdquo; said Mark
Currie, Lead Designer.

BlueGiant has released a gameplay video which is viewable at the APOX website www.apoxgame.com.
APOX is using the open source rendering engine OGRE. The video demonstrates the high level of visual
quality that can be achieved with OGRE. &ldquo;We are really proud of APOX. We are the first Indian studio to
make a game of this quality and scale,&rdquo; said Vinnie Reddy, CEO of BlueGiant.

Key Features of APOX

- Prone, cover, and realistic line-of-fire
- Realistic ammo and fuel supply system
- Soldiers can be placed in vehicles to create new unit types
- Over 100 maps
- Map editor for player-designed maps and game modes
- Supports multiplayer games with up to 32 players

APOX has community features like online matchmaking, stat tracking, ladders, clan matches, and
tournaments. The developers will provide frequent updates to support the player community.

About BlueGiant

BlueGiant Interactive, an Independent Game Studio based in Hyderabad, India. BlueGiant
started in 2008 with its inaugural title, APOX. For more information about BlueGiant, go to
www.bluegiantinteractive.com, or contact info@bluegiantinteractive.com.</em></p>
</blockquote>
TheBearPaw
SDF!
SDF!

Post by TheBearPaw »

Interesting! A postapocalyptic RTS, who could have thought?
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

one of the reasons for a post apocalypse is resources alright itd be like having mario without gravity or some shit have yo uy ever played a Computer Video Game im gonna get the cheats for this game and shove them in your pie hole
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

The fact that fuel and ammunition is actually a resource would make the game more intense. I would prefer it to be a real time tactical but beggars can't be choosers.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Do want
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

Does look pretty cool. And I agree with SenDen about the tactical angle, but meh, this looks pretty badass.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

SenisterDenister wrote:The fact that fuel and ammunition is actually a resource would make the game more intense. I would prefer it to be a real time tactical but beggars can't be choosers.
They probably form the resource base for the game, because as fast as shit is dying it doesn't matter if your guy has a second and third magazine since he's dead five seconds in anyway.

We'll see how this one goes though :Soldiers of Anarchy:
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
SenisterDenister

jetbaby wrote: They probably form the resource base for the game, because as fast as shit is dying it doesn't matter if your guy has a second and third magazine since he's dead five seconds in anyway.
Yeah I could see that, any way around it I'd like to see how they'll handle it. I may have to give this game a shot when its released.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

The action just seemed a bit too... intense. Throwing away ammunition, fuel and manpower in such rapid pace under post-apocalyptic conditions just seems a bit off.

But well, realism aside, could be a fun game.
SenisterDenister

That's why I think it would be better off being a real time tactical, that way you would manage all of the potentially scarce resources outside of every battle and would force you to ration them to the best of your ability.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

What happens when your unit runs out of ammo? Melee?
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Kashluk wrote:The action just seemed a bit too... intense. Throwing away ammunition, fuel and manpower in such rapid pace under post-apocalyptic conditions just seems a bit off
Precisely what bugs me about it.
SenisterDenister wrote:That's why I think it would be better off being a real time tactical, that way you would manage all of the potentially scarce resources outside of every battle and would force you to ration them to the best of your ability.
All I see is a frenzied bloodbath and staccato explosions across the screen. Not much rationing here.

Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

jetbaby wrote:
SenisterDenister wrote:We'll see how this one goes though :Soldiers of Anarchy:
I still like SoA :chick:
SenisterDenister

jetbaby wrote:
SenisterDenister wrote:That's why I think it would be better off being a real time tactical, that way you would manage all of the potentially scarce resources outside of every battle and would force you to ration them to the best of your ability.
All I see is a frenzied bloodbath and staccato explosions across the screen. Not much rationing here.
I was saying it should be a real time tactical for those reasons, to slow it down and still keep the intensity.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Can you guys see those little ammo symbols floating from those rusty trailers? Ammo dispensing?
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Kashluk wrote:Can you guys see those little ammo symbols floating from those rusty trailers? Ammo dispensing?
Probably. It'd be kind of dumb to have units who utilize ammo systems and just permanently run out after a while. I mean, RTS units are disposable by nature, but you need more than a handywipe to clean a dirty weed
:Megatron:
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Meh looks like a cool demo but that's about it will see the feedback here before I poke my nose any further.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Stainless wrote:
jetbaby wrote:
SenisterDenister wrote:We'll see how this one goes though :Soldiers of Anarchy:
I still like SoA :chick:
[I do too, but we don't talk about that around these parts :flamed:]

Our Host!