Ron Perlman Intro for New Vegas is Leaked

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Ron Perlman Intro for New Vegas is Leaked

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

<strong>[ Game -> Update ]</strong> - News related to <a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx/archives.php ... y=108">Top Story: New Vegas Intro Leaked</a>

<p>Tykjen from #fallout has let me know that the Ron Perlman voice over intro has been leaked atleast I assume so because there is no video and it seems a bit background noise in the recording and stuff.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>This probably has spoilers since I decided not to listen to it so beware maybe.</p>
<p> </p>
<p style="text-align: left; padding-left: 30px;">
<object width="512" height="319" data="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:uma: ... com:552369" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">
<param name="flashvars" value="configParams=vid%3D552369%26uri%3Dmgid%3Auma%3Avideo%3Amtv.com%3A552369" />
<param name="src" value="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:uma: ... com:552369" />
<param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" />
</object>
</p>
<div style="margin: 0px; padding: 4px; width: 500px; text-align: center; font-family: Verdana,sans-serif; font-size: 12px;"><a style="color:#439CD8;" href="http://www.mtv.com/ontv/" target="_blank">MTV Shows</a></div>
<div style="margin: 0px; padding: 4px; width: 500px; text-align: left; font-family: Verdana,sans-serif; font-size: 12px;">You can go to the original article <a href="http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/13/fallo ... <p>Spotted @ <a href="http://www.gamesurge.net/">#fallout</a></p>
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

The quality is fuck-awful. Its basically a reiteration of Fallout's 1 and 2's stories for the people that have never played it along with the backstory that Van Buren was going to use.

New Vegas, for the most part, seems to be rehashing everything from Van Buren with the exception of the actual player character's story.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

SenisterDenister wrote:New Vegas, for the most part, seems to be rehashing everything from Van Buren with the exception of the actual player character's story.
You say that as if it's a problem.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
SenisterDenister

It wasn't meant to be, in fact I'm quite happy they're using it especially sense I was hoping Bethesda would use most of it for their Fallout 3, which was what I kept talking about when I first joined this forum before I got burned out by the clear fact that they don't give a fuck.

So yeah, its a dream come true all in all. I wish they would have used a different engine though, but in all honesty I can't complain since it seems like Obsidian is nailing a real Fallout feel to the game.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

I don't care about the engine; turn-based isometric wouldn't sell today, and Fallout has never been about "tradishinul rpg mechanix lololol" to me because it was the first real RPG I've ever played and I don't do tabletop ones.

With the monster that Bethesda had created, they didn't have any choice but to make it a first person shooter. Also, in the amount of time they were given, in order to make a quality product they had to build on the assets made for Fallout 3 instead of redoing everything from scratch.
- the Vault Dweller
SenisterDenister

I don't like the Gamebyro engine, I think its ugly, and though easily modifiable, was made for an Elder Scrolls game first and Fallout games second. It needs its own engine to fully utilize things like SPECIAL and a real paused based combat and not just VATS.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

I agree on all accounts. But it's what we have to live with.

Hopefully when Bethesda fucks up Fallout 4, they'll use a new engine for Obsidian to build another real Fallout out of despite Obsidian officially working on a spinoff.

And how fucked up is the world when the game that happens in DC and has shitty writing and no depth is the official sequel, and the game that follows the first two directly is the spinoff?
- the Vault Dweller
SenisterDenister

Pretty fucked up, I'd assume.
Doc Hill
Overopinionated
Overopinionated

Post by Doc Hill »

I'm just happy obsidian appears to have some fucking clue to what they're doing. I'm a retrograde pervert who actually LIKED Fallout 3. But aside from window dressing, it didn't feel terribly Fallout. This one does.
Life is like cheap whiskey, it's mostly bad, and leaves a shitty taste in your mouth, but it's better then nothing.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Doc Hill wrote:retrograde pervert
How's the wheel chair doing?
- the Vault Dweller
Doc Hill
Overopinionated
Overopinionated

Post by Doc Hill »

I attached rockets to it :dochill:
Life is like cheap whiskey, it's mostly bad, and leaves a shitty taste in your mouth, but it's better then nothing.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

SUCH CUNNING OBFUSCATION

Post by Blargh »

:dochill:, you say ? :drunk:
Doc Hill
Overopinionated
Overopinionated

Post by Doc Hill »

damn fun
Juromaru
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Juromaru »

All we need to do now is put white tape over where it says "New Vegas" on the box cover, write on the tape with a Sharpie "Fallout 3". Then we can remove all references to Fallout 3 in the dialog via mods. Then mod the Fallout 3 logo in to replace the New Vegas logo that appears when the game boots up.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

When did Doc Hill come back? D;
Doc Hill
Overopinionated
Overopinionated

Post by Doc Hill »

never left, just learned to keep my mouth shut most of the time :chew:
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Doc Hill wrote:never left, just learned to keep my mouth shut most of the time :chew:
Ah, you too? Nice to see other people growing up/old as well :drunk:
jimmypneumatic
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by jimmypneumatic »

I'm glad they're using the same engine, that means i have a better chance of it running on my hoopdy ass rig...
Cakester
They call me Bum Tickler

Post by Cakester »

that guy looks like Hell Boy.
I been K-lined, G-lined, and Kalvin Klein'd. Nevermind , my kicks, temp bans, perma bans and accusations that i use contraband. i am a hardcore troller, from when i get out of bed, till i fall asleep contemplating the new trolls that lay ahead. 24/7 the net is active, gotta preemptive or be two two puh packive
fallout ranger
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by fallout ranger »

Cakester wrote:that guy looks like Hell Boy.

OMG he does!
does this work
Our Host!