Game you're playing. How far you are.

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Mount & Blade Warband is awesome. Waiting for 1257AD 1.0 D:
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

I'd like to see the 1866 mod get transferred all right and proper, that was probably my favorite mod for the first one.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

I'm playing the shit out of The Eagle and the Radiant Cross -mod right now. Some good ol' arquebus-toting conquistador fun
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

for any mount & blade aficionados, there's something perhaps worth recommending.
It's a Polish special edition / expansion that might get you interested.
You know how to translate whole websites, right?
the game: http://www.cdprojekt.pl/game/2949/Mount ... _i_Mieczem
review: http://gamecorner.pl/gamecorner/1,94700 ... owtor.html

it's been bought out but you can get it at Polish ebay equivalent: http://allegro.pl/listing.php/search?sg ... gory=45713
or get it in other ways..
SenisterDenister

I already have both of them, I first played it during the beta using a friend of mine's CD key and then I forgot about it after I got a new PC. Then I found it on Steam for five bucks last year and then I got Warband during this past summer sale for fifteen. Both are pretty fun but it feels like horseback archery had been somewhat nerfed in Warband (either that or crossbows are just a hell of a lot better now). I think its the latter.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

I think both, Denis. Feels like AI crossbowmen hardly miss a shot, and archers hardly make one. That and the dmg difference is too much I think.
And mounted archers weren't that smart to begin with, but they seem worse in warband.

I'm still trying out the native, looking to get a mod soon, though the only one I tried never made it to warband. Think I'll just stick with expansions this time.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

I beat Red Dead Redemption about a week ago, now I'm a little more than halfway through Arkham Asylum.

Both are recommended, if you havent played them already.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Oh ja. And Red Dead's getting 4 DLC packs in the near future.

Played through Dead Space; voice acting is good, writing is above average, action is intense, scary factor is large but not immobilizingly so, gameplay is entertaining. Also, much of it has great cinematic value. Recommend to anyone looking for a scare with a median of Alien/Zombie themes. (Note that as stated in the advertisments, head shots are not insta-kills. Enemies need to be dismembered AT LEAST 2 times to go down. Makes things interesting)

Also played through FEAR 2; not so awesome. Some cinematic moments but not exactly an enjoyable game through-and-through.

Played through some Crackdown 2 with Julie; it's a fun game, almost identical to the first, with the exeption that night and day changes the opposition you face in the street. The city is almost the exact same with the exception that the majority of what was up in the first game is now reduced to rubble. Inventory system is somewhat different; you now have to level up in certain stats to receive access to better guns and vehicles. Can still requisition enemy stuff like guns and cars, though I haven't exactly figured out how to do it with cars. Narrator (same voice actor) is still on your ass about every innocent civie you kill, still making fun of you when you blow up. HUD's a bit different, though I can't tell if its for the better or worse. Haven't tried it out but apparently the coop is pretty insane, will update once tried. Entertaining game, no doubt, but I don't know how much replay value will be around once it's done.

Looking forward to Starcraft II, only a couple weeks now.
SenisterDenister

Fuck Activision/Blizzard, I'm not buying anything from them anymore. If I do ever buy Starcraft 2 it'll be in a battlechest with all three games for $19.99, and with Activision price gouging all of their shit for years on end (like how Modern Warfare 2 is still $59.99 and all of the DLC map packs, though having only four maps a piece are all $15 dollars) I doubt I'll be buying it this, or the next, decade but I really don't think I'll be missing out on anything since those goddamn Koreans will mess up multiplayer for everyone else in the world like they did with the first.
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

Manoil wrote: I don't know how much replay value will be around once it's done.
None.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

SenisterDenister wrote:Fuck Activision/Blizzard, I'm not buying anything from them anymore. If I do ever buy Starcraft 2 it'll be in a battlechest with all three games for $19.99, and with Activision price gouging all of their shit for years on end (like how Modern Warfare 2 is still $59.99 and all of the DLC map packs, though having only four maps a piece are all $15 dollars) I doubt I'll be buying it this, or the next, decade but I really don't think I'll be missing out on anything since those goddamn Koreans will mess up multiplayer for everyone else in the world like they did with the first.
Gotta respect them, though. Anyone who can accomplish a rate of 250-300 actions per minute is a goddamn machine.
SenisterDenister

Its not strategy when the whole game revolves around a single static plan that is only better than the other when one player messes up first, Company of Heroes is a much better strategy game because of the fact that nothing in that game is totally static and can be utilized by different people in different situations, or the same, and still get different results instead of the set numbers game that Starcraft is.
djDannyP
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by djDannyP »

I'm playing Duke Nukem, Manhattan Project.

It's good.
One night I'm gonna come to you, inside of your house, wherever you're sleeping, and I'm gonna cut your throat.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Enjoying Victoria II. Watched some crazy AI decision unfold while I was busy running my own nation. I very much recommend this game, it's even better than the original Victoria!

What's going on in that screenshot above?

1) Around the middle of the 19th century Russia goes under heavy rebellions. Finland declares independence at that time. Then Finns rebel against themselves. One coup d'état later we have a bourgeoisie dictatorship in Finland.

2) Later on Sweden declares war on Finland. The end result is that northern Finland goes to Sweden. !! Notice that during this time Sweden manages to get core regions from northern Finland - those provinces are now part of Sweden's (ahistorical) core region.

3) At the end of the 1890's Denmark, one of the Great Powers of the world, decides to create a pan-Scandinavian union - thus ending the reigns of Denmark and Sweden and founding a new nation called 'Scandinavia'.

4) Later on the commie bastards actually manage to beat the schedule and take over Russia before the end of the century. Soviet Union is born.

5) Soviet Union declares war on Scandinavia. Scandinavia loses the territories Sweden had originally won from Finland.

6) Great rebellions in Russia -- again. This time it's the 'Russian Anarcho-Liberals' at the job. During the rebellion SWEDEN declares independence from Russia - remember those cores acquired from Finland? And now we have this funky situation that you can see on the screenshot. The year's 1925 and France (me) is the hegemonious de facto ruler of Europe and Africa (French Africa = Africa - Egypt - British South Africa).
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

Not playing anything except from GTA 4 again. Shot a guy in the leg then stomped him.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Taking another shot at modding C&C: RA2. Never could quite grasp some element of the system, though I've gotten close. It's got potential to be something pretty legit
SenisterDenister

Victoria II is awesome, Kash. I've got an infamy of 194 as the US, I've got a sphere of influence on almost all of South America and on Canada, and I've annexed Mexico, all of modern Alaska, Hawaii, the many isles of Micronesia, and the rest of the modern United States.

This game is so cool.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Yah, the only thing is that the Laissez-Faire economy & capitalist AI is pretty b0rked.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

ABOUT FIFTEEN SECONDS, KATE

Post by Blargh »

Total Annihilation by way of GoG. A brilliant game, an excellent soundtrack. Yes. :drunk:
djDannyP
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by djDannyP »

I thought I'd give Pokemon HeartGold a try. I don't care for Ho-Oh though. Stupid bird. He's a dick. Well, his double rainbows are pretty amazing, BUT THAT'S IT DAMMIT!

If anybody wants to battle me sometime, my friend code is 1800-3825-9687-3425. It's easy to remember too because it spells 1800-ILOV-EYOU-HOMO on a phone.
One night I'm gonna come to you, inside of your house, wherever you're sleeping, and I'm gonna cut your throat.
Our Host!