Any idea if crouching will be introduced?

Discuss Obsidian's Vegas Fallout game here. Also: Fallout 4, Fallout 76, Fallout Shelter and other new dairy products from Bethesda's farm that don't have separate forums here yet.
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Any idea if crouching will be introduced?

Post by Username »

I think I'm banned on two accounts on the Bethesda forum, maybe 1 banned until 2073 and the other one I just might have recently been unbanned from so I can't ask or suggest this. But wouldn't it be cool if you could crouch? And crouch through some vents and manholes and what not. It would add a cool sneak element to the game. Plus you should be harder to hit when crouching.

Just curious. Suggest it on their boards if you can and want.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

I thought you could already crouch in Fallout 3.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

You can.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

Awesome. I don't touch Fallout three with a three foot long pole anymore. Just played it a bit when it came out on harddrives not connected to my computers.

Thing is in all these videos you never see anyone crouch. Does it even have an effect on your aim as it did in Fallout tactics? Do you ever use it to crawl into some space?

Heck even when I played it with my mate he never used it. Or maybe once to hide behind a car. I have some vague memory.

Thanks anyway, good to know.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

In Fallout 3, crouch enables sneak and pickpocket mode. I assume it'll do the same in New Vegas.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

Wait you can't sneak without crouching?
Also how do you reach a supermutants pockets while crouching? xD

...wait...don't ask right?
gobbleykins
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by gobbleykins »

What does crouching add to the game? It's an RPG, or supposed to be, it's not a puzzle game where you need to do a bunch of button combinations to get through. Also, take FO away from consoles and then maybe we'll talk.
Our Host!