Quotes of the Year: NMA Edition

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Quotes of the Year: NMA Edition

Post by Yonmanc »

Seeing how successful the last "Quotes of the year" has turned out to be, let's see if our buddies over at NMA can provide equal entertainment!

Boy those guys sure love their aliens, especially Todd Howard's #1 Fan:

So we all know extraterrestrial life plays a crucial role in the Fallout franchise. In FO 1-3 there are three to four distinct encounters where you could acquire the alien blaster (two of which you actually see an alien + spaceship). The Mothership Zeta DLC answers some question, but raises others. In Mothership Zeta we discover most aliens are quite hostile and run genetic experiments on abductees. We also discover in record log 17 the aliens used mind control to initiate the great war.

So all this begs the questions: Why would alien lifeforms devastate Earth BEFORE draining it of resources? Maybe they're still in the process of extracting resources? Experimenting on humanity's survival perhaps? How many alien ships orbit the planet now that 2 have been dealt with?

Hopefully NV will tie any loose ends regarding aliens.
Now to be fair, that guy was an SDF, but then Reconite, a regular, replied with this:
Think of all the aliens and research at Area 51 which is in the New Vegas area. Fallout: New Vegas would do a great job of tying up the alien side-story!

I want to see a big queen Alien thing, and maybe have a teleporter trip to their planet or something! That would be cool. Cool
Amazing!

After a couple of guys knock his stupid idea down a peg, Todd Howard's #1 Fan replies:
I don't see the problem with adding aliens to the mix. Sure it may contradict with the 'flaws of humanity' theme but why not make humans the good guys in FO? Also adding an alien faction will increase the depth of the story.
He sure knows his Fallout!

Aphyosis later adds his piece. He's either a Troll, or a retard, YOU DECIDE!!!
You lack vision Lexx! Why do that when we could PLAY as one. Start with alien death rays! That way we don't have to bother with that moronic, monotonous "Survival" and "Harsh reality" crap you have to deal with otherwise in the fallout games.
Ideas for New Vegas:

* Horsies. They are anti-cannon but I dont care. Fallout has always felt a little bit like a western to me so I would love to see some mangy, mutated horses. You could ride giant ants or centaurs but I dont think I would want to...
Also Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay meelee
That game had the most satisfying meele and unarmed feeling that I have ever encountered. The punches and daggers were just... satisfying.
Hi everyone.
I support the idea of impelmenting as much from VB into F:NV as it is possible. War between fractions of NRC and BOS is great idea in my opinion.
vehicles you can drive
Vehicles. Walking between Needles and Las Vegas does not sound fun at all.
a car
Las Vegas crime families, just like in New Reno. (make 'em kick-ass-cool. Just the name "Mordino" give's me the chills!)
replace raiders with gangsters
Just when I think it's getting harder, jjthebest33 reaers his stuid SDF face:
fallout should emply a battlefield: bad company style. buildings can be destroyed with heavy weapons or by behemoths. but when you return in 2-3 days the broken parts should be rebuilt with scrap metal, then in 2 weeks or so, return to normal. for completely leveled buildings they should come back completely made of scaffolding then completely rebuilt, but take more time for each stage.
Ideas for Future Fallout Games:

Fallout Android:
I doubt it would be to difficult to change Fallout 1 & 2 so they work on the Android os. I would love to be able to play them on my phone.
Fallout 4 Origins
Hey guys, Been a member for a long time, been reading for years before but I always get the hell away from here after a while. There is so much negativity in general that I get pissed, start getting aggressive and lose faith in this.

But every couple of months I forget... or hope it's better. Let me get onw or two things from me before getting on the subject at hand: I like Fallout 2. And I also liked Fallout 3. And I also kind of liked Tactics... just less. Yeah, I'm a sucker for post apocalyptic stories, I just like the setting.

And on the subject of "negativity" on the site there was huge discussions how Fallout was better isometric turn based than first person 3D. I disagreed but I'll admit that the strategic part of combat kind of disapeared. But let's face it, Fallout will never go back to isometric turn based.

And this is why I'm asking you this: How about stealing a page or two from one of the biggest game from last year Dragon Age Origins?

Let's take a look at their pause system. It was basically a 3rd person adventure game that you could mostly play as a normal RPG-action type of game but if you really needed to take control of your team you paused the game and started issuing orders.

Now granted, they were using magic and special attacks that aren't part of the Fallout world but it doesn't mean it can't be adjusted. Let's say you can have up to 3 followers (could be two, could be more, I don'T really care), there can be dozens of commands you could give them in combat that could use Action Points: Walk over there, take cover, cover fire, attack, switch weapon, use medecine/drugs. I would make it that you can queue up to 5 or 10 actions. "Go over there+Take cover+Use Stimpack+Select 9mm+Attack". I would replace VATS with this.

What do you guys think?
Van Buren DS: Van Burren on the DS would have my vote. Imagine a proper portable fallout game, plays like the first 2 with the van B storyline. I think it'd work, look at the best DS games they're mostly turn based and/or feature loadsa dialogue with NPCS.
++++++++++++++++

Well, that's it for now. I'll admit, it was a lot harder than over at Beth's, but I thikn there's some good chuckles there. Over 'n' out!
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

the second you see the door open you can be sure I won't stop ripping and tearing away at your flesh till you're nothing but a bloody pile of mush and broken bones in my driveway. I'll gladly add just another name to the list and bury you shallow in my back yard, you insolent, pestering little fucks.
TwinkieGorilla
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by TwinkieGorilla »

nah.

t'would be a dirty move for me to start down this road. as much as i wish Per Jorner the worst of luck in life (i mean, not like he needs it...seriously), it'd be going against my better judgment to throw my old comrades under a bus.

even though there are plenty tards i don't miss (like this one guy who actually started a thread complaining about this fake Maakies sig alec made me):

besides...i always saw the whole NMA vs DaC thing as a fucking retarded pissing contest.
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

Todd Howard's #1 fan is our Volourn. We all know he's just trolling but he's too funny to ban.
TwinkieGorilla wrote:t'would be a dirty move for me to start down this road. as much as i wish Per Jorner the worst of luck in life (i mean, not like he needs it...seriously), it'd be going against my better judgment to throw my old comrades under a bus.
wut
Ozrat wrote:I haven't been so oppressed since prom in 9th grade.
TwinkieGorilla
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by TwinkieGorilla »

wut, what, asslick?
Zeba the Lie
Respected
Respected

Post by Zeba the Lie »

Gimp Mask wrote:the second you see the door open you can be sure I won't stop ripping and tearing away at your flesh till you're nothing but a bloody pile of mush and broken bones in my driveway. I'll gladly add just another name to the list and bury you shallow in my back yard, you insolent, pestering little fucks.
Can I help???

I know my way around many deadly weapons, and know how to make a body decompose in 1 week, so that the cops can never find it....
I also know how to keep people from talking, if ya know what I'm sayin'.....

AND!!! I have a good level of forensics knowledge, so I could help you clean up the crime scene and the cops would never know!!! :D
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Zeba the Lie wrote: I know my way around many deadly weapons, and know how to make a body decompose in 1 week, so that the cops can never find it....

AND!!! I have a good level of forensics knowledge, so I could help you clean up the crime scene and the cops would never know!!! :D
You are fucking retarded.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Zeba the Lie
Respected
Respected

Post by Zeba the Lie »

Retlaw83 wrote:
Zeba the Lie wrote: I know my way around many deadly weapons, and know how to make a body decompose in 1 week, so that the cops can never find it....

You are fucking retarded.
says the man with the unibrow pic....

No, I am not retarded.....Insane, maybe...but definately not retarded...you obviously can't take a joke....
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Zeba the Lie wrote: says the man with the unibrow pic....
Jesus fucking Christ you're retarded.
No, I am not retarded.....
You most certainly are.
Insane, maybe...
You're trying too desperately to be liked. It doesn't make you insane, just retarded.
you obviously can't take a joke....
Jokes usually contain humor. You've obviously been to Bethesda brainwash camp where "funny" equals ridiculous violence and "mature" is swear words and gore.
- the Vault Dweller
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

Hey, what happened to Kickstand?
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

He choked to death on Zeba's penis apparently.
- the Vault Dweller
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Stop posting this shit, it's just embarrassing for all of us.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Zeba the Lie
Respected
Respected

Post by Zeba the Lie »

Retlaw83 wrote:
Zeba the Lie wrote: says the man with the unibrow pic....
Jesus fucking Christ you're retarded.
No, I am not retarded.....
You most certainly are.
Insane, maybe...
You're trying too desperately to be liked. It doesn't make you insane, just retarded.
you obviously can't take a joke....
Jokes usually contain humor. You've obviously been to Bethesda brainwash camp where "funny" equals ridiculous violence and "mature" is swear words and gore.

*facepalm*

We obviously have different views on...well...EVERYTHING, so why don't we just agree to disagree, and I'll see you in hell!! :D
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Zeba the Lie wrote:We obviously have different views on...well...EVERYTHING, so why don't we just agree to disagree, and I'll see you in hell!! :D
Shut up you fucking retard.
- the Vault Dweller
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

TES forum quotes carry the entertainment value of browsing a photo album from an inter-dimensional zoo visit; a dimension where stupid is caged and displayed for a quick laugh. NMA quotes carry a reminder of the depressive reality in life, that if you pop your head through the next-door window, wherever you happen to be, you're bound to see something astoundingly moronic taking place.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

TwinkieGorilla
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by TwinkieGorilla »

Gimp Mask wrote:
Cimmerian Nights wrote:Todd Howard: making RPGs for people who hate RPGs.
Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree
Devil times three go climb a tree

Post by Dreadnought »

Zeba the Lie
Respected
Respected

Post by Zeba the Lie »

Retlaw83 wrote:
Zeba the Lie wrote:We obviously have different views on...well...EVERYTHING, so why don't we just agree to disagree, and I'll see you in hell!! :D
Shut up you fucking retard.
NEVAR!!!!!!
MWAHAHAHAHAH :dance:
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Zeba the Lie wrote:NEVAR!!!!!!
MWAHAHAHAHAH :dance:
I'm not surprised you can read and write, but I am surprised someone saw the waste of human potential that you are and decided it was a good investment of time to teach you to read and write.
- the Vault Dweller
Our Host!