So I just tried playing Fallout 3 again...

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

Sovereign

I started this thread to discuss Fallout 3.

Fuck off.
Psychoul
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Psychoul »

fallout three pwnz!!!one!1
!!!! :lalala: :lalala: :lalala: :lalala: :lalala: :lalala: :lalala: :pelvic_thrust: :hahano: :evil_laugh: :evil_laugh: :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :clap: :bored: :bored: :bored: :eyebrow: :drunk: :dance: :crazy: :bored: :bored: :censored: :bored: :drunk:

:drunk:
Kickstand27
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Kickstand27 »

finally, someone who understands me .
typos are bound to happen. fuck it
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

ZOMG NOWAAAY
Kickstand27
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Kickstand27 »

oh, way
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Kickstand27 wrote:for someone who is always on about reading comprehension, you should use some.
not having any saves is the worst idea in releation to gaming ever. i dont care which game it is and if it never crashes, its a bad idea.. do us all a favor and dont ever mention it again.
I read just fine, kid. And apparently you do too - you're just too lazy to come back with a thoughtful response, so you twist words. I would too if I was backed as far in a corner as you are in order to shift the topic of conversation.

All I'm saying is, if you trust Fallout 3 not to crash, reduce yourself to one save, enslave Angela Staley, then save your game. If you're not willing to take that gamble, then you doubt Fallout 3 is as stable as you said.

You'll note I didn't say anything about making savegames later in case an older file gets corrupted - which surely you'll be able to do if that doesn't crash the game, right?
most of the stuff that you wrote is just too retarded to comment on and seems to have more to do with your dislike for me as a person as opposed to the topic at hand. let me save you some time... you're free to hate me, i could give a shit less. also, coming out of the woodwoork doesnt mean you had to hunt me down, that was never an implication. If youre too dumb to get what it means, thats your loss. deal with it.
Go emo more. I don't know you, however, I know you don't have any taste. You should also look up the meaning of the phrase "coming out of the woodwork" if you plan to use it in the future; it means to come out of nowhere for a specific purpose. The only person who has come out of nowhere is you.
if the original developers on fallout released a game with bugs and storyline that had parts dint make sense, what the fuck did you think was gonna happen when another company picked up the franchise?
I'd assume others could work to that level of quality, after professing in multiple interviews that level of quality was their sincere attention and that they were fans of the originals. Failing that, I assumed they could work to the same level of quality of good modern games - which they failed dismally at.
but wait., heres the part where i re-itterate the most important part of this post.., since you have no reading comprehension i will put this part in bold.... of course fallout3 has isses. a lot of them. i have never said there werent a lot of them. what you're too thick to get is that even though I actually see these problems, i still think the game is playable. no internet pissing contest will change that. ever. and *gasp* i can play the first two games too!?!?
I understand you perfectly. I understood you the first time. Just because I reject your claim that it's a good game doesn't mean I don't understand you're fucking retarded and love to play shit games.
you may now continue being entirely too serious about video games on an internet forum.
I was trying to do you a favor by educating you that Fallout 3 is garbage. But I've learned something from this little chat. Something has happened with your generation that not only do you accept garbage, but you wallow in it and buy four DLCs - one of which had bug fixes only available from buying the DLC - rammed right into your asshole. If the companies producing these kinds of games had any respect for the consumer, they wouldn't be producing these kinds of games.

The only difference between Fallout 3 and the dozens upon dozens of forgettable console trash titles cranked out yearly was an advertising budget and gaming magazine coercion campaign totaling millions of dollars, and the name of a once great gaming franchise that the likes of Todd Howard and Emil Pagliarulo forcibly raped in the mouth until it choked to death. Tactics - which I still enjoy despite it's flaws, and even modded lightly in an attempt to fix some of those flaws - and the console abortion slapped Fallout around a bit, but it was totally salvageable.

I'm not going overboard or taking it too seriously. Videogames, along with books and movies, are literature. Like all other literature, most of it is forgettable, and some of it is enjoyable before passing out of the collective conscious. Rarely, a work is produced that becomes a classic. The Mona Lisa. Macbeth. The Declaration of Independence. Kafka's Metamorphosis. Blazing Saddles. Fallout 1 & 2. There are others, of course, but those are just a few examples of works that have not only helped shape the world, but have helped shape the people who have experienced them with the proper appreciation.

You don't seem like the kind of guy who grasps culture or appreciates what has come before, so this analogy might be beyond your desire to comprehend - not saying you're too stupid, I'm saying you're too lazy. But the analogy is this: What do you think would have happened had Da Vinchy had made a picture entitled "Another Mona Lisa" that was a crudely drawn stick figure on an otherwise blank canvas? No one would ever look at it, and it might be shamefully footnoted in a few biographies.

That's what Bethesda has made compared to the work done by Black Isle. Now you could argue that they're very different games and should be judged on their own merits, but that's a cop-out - a sequel should always be judged by what came before it or there was no point in making the sequel. Aside, of course, from a cash grab.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Outspoken.
:salute:
Kickstand27
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Kickstand27 »

im not gonna lie, i just skimmed that whole thing, so dont expect a huge diatribe in return for yours.
I have said all i needed to say in this thread.
I will continue to like fallout 3 and i am sure you will continue to type too much and make inaccurate assumptions as to who people are.

i am curious though as to what generation you might think i am a memeber of.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

13-19 years of age, if I'm assuming his perception correctly
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

lol @ Kickstand

"Just because I'm wrong doesn't mean I'm going to shut up!"
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Kickstand27 wrote:im not gonna lie, i just skimmed that whole thing
Then it confirms everything I said disparaging about you in that post. You're not stupid, you're just too lazy to think. And my time is too important to try and change every loser wasting his potential.
- the Vault Dweller
ekkaman
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by ekkaman »

The Mona Lisa is not literature, in fact saying games are literature 1s a huge stretch, and movies?

Come on man. You could say they are all art but literature? I think not.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

The right terminology would probably be something along the lines of "creative culture."
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Calling paintings and sculpture literature might be stretch, but it on the whole it works. Modern schools of thought treat movies, scripted television shows and videogames as literature, however, using the same criteria used to judge plays as literature.
- the Vault Dweller
Kickstand27
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Kickstand27 »

Yonmanc wrote:lol @ Kickstand

"Just because I'm wrong doesn't mean I'm going to shut up!"
funny, last i checked, you can't fail on an opinion.

btw, i didnt skim because of laziness. its because talking in circles gets tedious. strike two..
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

This topic is like watching retards fight over a piece of dogshit.

Continue.
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Kickstand27 wrote:btw, i didnt skim because of laziness. its because talking in circles gets tedious. strike two..
"I didn't read it because I was lazy, I didn't read it because I didn't feel like performing a task so I might as well fail."
- the Vault Dweller
Kickstand27
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Kickstand27 »

there goes you saying the same thing you just said... again.. at least it was short enough that i didnt just skim over it.

treat that like some tussin
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

Stainless wrote:This topic is like watching retards fight over a piece of dogshit.

Continue.
Brilliant comparison.

Continue
Do these glasses and my two chins make me look sexy?
Our Host!