Inside the Vault with Joe Sanabria

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Inside the Vault with Joe Sanabria

Post by King of Creation »

<strong>[ Person -> Interview ]</strong> - More info on <a href="http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Inside the Vault">Community: Inside the Vault</a> | More info on <a href="http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Joe Sanabria">Person: Joe Sanabria</a> | More info on <a href="http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout: New Vegas">Game: Fallout: New Vegas</a>

<p>This week's <a href="http://bethblog.com/index.php/2010/04/2 ... a/">Inside the Vault</a> is with Obsidian and <em><strong>Fallout: New Vegas </strong></em>Senior Artist <strong>Joe Sanabria</strong>. Here are the highlights:</p>
<blockquote>
<p><em><strong>What&rsquo;s your job at Obsidian?</strong></em></p>
<p><em>I&rsquo;m a Senior Artist here at the studio, which is what they call you when you get gray hairs and have been doing this for a few years.</em></p>
<p><em>My job in a nutshell is to make Fallout: New Vegas look good. I focus on the visual development of the game and define the artistic direction.</em></p>
<p><em>...</em></p>
<p><em><strong>Any fun facts you&rsquo;d like to share about Obsidian?</strong></em></p>
<p><em>At around 4pm they unlock the doors and a few Obsidianites will wander around the Irvine Spectrum, which is an outdoor shopping center across the street, for about 20 minutes and then return to their desks.</em></p>
<p><em>...</em></p>
<p><em><strong>You were an artist in NYC and now you work in the OC. How do the scenes compare? </strong></em></p>
<p><em>Well, technically it&rsquo;s upstate NY and not the city where I grew up. But I was no stranger to the streets of Manhattan, in particular Washington Heights.</em></p>
<p><em>But getting to the question, I don&rsquo;t think it&rsquo;s a fair comparison. There are so many museums and galleries in Manhattan, I think that just the work in the Met alone is probably larger than all the museums and galleries of OC combined.</em></p>
</blockquote>
<p>Check out the whole interview <a href="http://bethblog.com/index.php/2010/04/2 ... re</a>.</p>
TwinkieGorilla
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Re: Inside the Vault with Joe Sanabria

Post by TwinkieGorilla »

King of Creation wrote:My job in a nutshell is to make Fallout: New Vegas look good. I focus on the visual development of the game and define the artistic direction
yikes. how'd you like that? to wake up every morning knowing your job was as hopeless as Sisyphus'?

Joe Sanabria, he fought an un-winnable war. R.I.P.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

TwinkieGorilla
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by TwinkieGorilla »

Joe Sanabria wrote:I focus on the visual development of the game and define the artistic direction.

hey joe....FOCUS HARDER.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

TwinkieGorilla wrote:hey joe....FOCUS HARDER.
Que L4D2 trailer
Taco-Hero
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Taco-Hero »

Fighting the good fight.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Joe Sanabria worked on Neverhood and Skullmonkeys. He's got a +1 in my book.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

Actually, the visual stills were one of the few excellent things about Fallout 3 - not necessarily canon, but they were still excellent.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

SenisterDenister wrote:Joe Sanabria worked on Neverhood and Skullmonkeys. He's got a +1 in my book.
Never knew that Neverhood had a sequel. Any good?
TwinkieGorilla
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by TwinkieGorilla »

cazsim83 wrote:Actually, the visual stills were one of the few excellent things about Fallout 3 - not necessarily canon, but they were still excellent.
not if there were creatures/npc's in them they weren't.
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

Frater Perdurabo wrote:
SenisterDenister wrote:Joe Sanabria worked on Neverhood and Skullmonkeys. He's got a +1 in my book.
Never knew that Neverhood had a sequel. Any good?
It was on the playstation and was a platformer over the point'n'click game that was Neverhood. Still really fun though.
Our Host!