More Fallout: New Vegas news in the pipeline

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

More Fallout: New Vegas news in the pipeline

Post by King of Creation »

<strong>[ Game -> Update ]</strong> - More info on <a href="http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout: New Vegas">Game: Fallout: New Vegas</a>

<p>It seems that after a press event in Las Vegas that <a href="../../forums/viewtopic.php?t=23955">we reported on</a>, Obsidian and Bethesda are showing Fallout: New Vegas off across the pond. Tom Hopkins is editor of the UK based website <a href="http://www.nowgamer.com/">NowGamer</a> has <a href="http://twitter.com/NowGamer_Tom">tweeted</a> the following:</p>
<blockquote>
<p><span><span><span>I'm lucky enough to be seeing Brink, Fallout: NV and Rage this week - what does everyone want to know about them?</span></span></span></p>
</blockquote>
<p><span><span><span>In addition, I asked The Escaptist editor in Chief <strong>Russ Pitts</strong> when we might get to read the information he gathered at the New Vegas press event last week. His response:</span></span></span></p>
<blockquote>
<p><span><span><span> <em>I'll be able to spill the deets on Fallout New Vegas next month.</em></span></span></span></p>
</blockquote>
<p><span><span><span>I speak for the entire Fallout community when I say that we really hope it's not the same info that was released in the print magazines.
</span></span></span></p>
ThisPocketOfSoil
SDF!
SDF!

Post by ThisPocketOfSoil »

Hopefully there's a new video once the summer comes around.
TwinkieGorilla
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Re: More Fallout: New Vegas news in the pipeline

Post by TwinkieGorilla »

King of Creation wrote:I speak for the entire Fallout community when I say that we really hope it's not the same info that was released in the print magazines.
i don't get why they'd need to give the silent treatment now if that were the case. not that Bethesda's m.o. generally makes fuck for sense, but still.
Kickstand27
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Kickstand27 »

i cant wait to see some more stuff for Rage.. since Zeni bought out ID, they shut down the page-all you can find out thereare some demo clips from the quakecom
typos are bound to happen. fuck it
gobbleykins
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Re: More Fallout: New Vegas news in the pipeline

Post by gobbleykins »

TwinkieGorilla wrote:
King of Creation wrote:I speak for the entire Fallout community when I say that we really hope it's not the same info that was released in the print magazines.
i don't get why they'd need to give the silent treatment now if that were the case. not that Bethesda's m.o. generally makes fuck for sense, but still.
The reason Beth doesn't want to release anything else is because if they give away many details about their game, their target audience (12 year old console kids with ADD) will simply forget all about the game and forget to buy it when it comes out.
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

Either that, or if they reveal too much, it gives the audience time to realise it's just going to be Fallout 3 with hunger replacing radiation. A lot of Fallout 3 fans are weary that they bought into mainstream zilch, hence the marketing move of having Obsidian make it.

At the moment, with Obsidian at the wheel, the fanbase can still feel like badass indie kids, whilst at the same time get their hopes up. Bethesda can't risk it getting out that it's just another soulless cash-in, not yet. Their move now is to cover up as much of the actual game as possible, hype up its new features whilst keeping quiet about the fact the negative aspects have not been rectified, then sell. By the time the F3 fanbase realise it's shit, it wont matter, they'll have already bought it, a large percentage of those through pre-order.

Upon sale, the fanbase will shrink, the majority leaving, with only the die hard fans left (they'll stay, they consider Fallout 3 the first in the series so a shitty sequel wont mean anything to them, they'll just assume Fallout 4 will rectify everything). No game can survive on just die hard fans alone, not for too long. After that, they'll MAYBE release some DLC's (probably not, as it isn't going to be a true sequel). Commercially, it will be a success, leaving Bethesda with two choices:

a) Ignore the resentment and release ANOTHER Fallout 3 and call it 4, resulting in poor sales

b) Listen to the Fallout 3 fans who they have betrayed, try and radically change the gameplay, chase away the few retards they have left, resulting in poor sales

They will choose a), as it is cheaper. Because of this they can also risk poor sales. New Vegas is them pushing it too far, being cocky by simply selling the same thing AGAIN. NV is the end of Bethesda's success with the franshise. Fallout 4 will tank, as NV will chase away all but the hardcore fans, who again, won't be enough to support overall sales.

So, knowing this, they are simply hiding as many details as possible in hopes NV will allow them to scrape a bit more cash from the franchise before tanking it with F4 and selling it cheap, probably to Obsidian, who'll buy it thinking they'll be able to attract original Fallout fans, not realising that the franchise will have been bled to death, with only a very slim chance of reviving it.
Kickstand27
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Kickstand27 »

regardless of who is makig what game.. if you had a game that sold well, you would hype up and then keep secret as much about the next game as possible.. thats just business. i dont care whos making what game or for who.
TwinkieGorilla
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by TwinkieGorilla »

Yonmanc wrote:Either that, or if they reveal too much, it gives the audience time to realise it's just going to be Fallout 3 with hunger replacing radiation. A lot of Fallout 3 fans are weary that they bought into mainstream zilch, hence the marketing move of having Obsidian make it.

At the moment, with Obsidian at the wheel, the fanbase can still feel like badass indie kids, whilst at the same time get their hopes up. Bethesda can't risk it getting out that it's just another soulless cash-in, not yet. Their move now is to cover up as much of the actual game as possible, hype up its new features whilst keeping quiet about the fact the negative aspects have not been rectified, then sell. By the time the F3 fanbase realise it's shit, it wont matter, they'll have already bought it, a large percentage of those through pre-order.

Upon sale, the fanbase will shrink, the majority leaving, with only the die hard fans left (they'll stay, they consider Fallout 3 the first in the series so a shitty sequel wont mean anything to them, they'll just assume Fallout 4 will rectify everything). No game can survive on just die hard fans alone, not for too long. After that, they'll MAYBE release some DLC's (probably not, as it isn't going to be a true sequel). Commercially, it will be a success, leaving Bethesda with two choices:

a) Ignore the resentment and release ANOTHER Fallout 3 and call it 4, resulting in poor sales

b) Listen to the Fallout 3 fans who they have betrayed, try and radically change the gameplay, chase away the few retards they have left, resulting in poor sales

They will choose a), as it is cheaper. Because of this they can also risk poor sales. New Vegas is them pushing it too far, being cocky by simply selling the same thing AGAIN. NV is the end of Bethesda's success with the franshise. Fallout 4 will tank, as NV will chase away all but the hardcore fans, who again, won't be enough to support overall sales.

So, knowing this, they are simply hiding as many details as possible in hopes NV will allow them to scrape a bit more cash from the franchise before tanking it with F4 and selling it cheap, probably to Obsidian, who'll buy it thinking they'll be able to attract original Fallout fans, not realising that the franchise will have been bled to death, with only a very slim chance of reviving it.
eh, yeah. not really sure that's what's happening here. but i do agree that 911 was caused by a collaboration between ufo's and the spirit of Philip K. Dick.
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

TwinkieGorilla wrote:
Yonmanc wrote:Either that, or if they reveal too much, it gives the audience time to realise it's just going to be Fallout 3 with hunger replacing radiation. A lot of Fallout 3 fans are weary that they bought into mainstream zilch, hence the marketing move of having Obsidian make it.

eh, yeah. not really sure that's what's happening here. but i do agree that 911 was caused by a collaboration between ufo's and the spirit of Philip K. Dick.
9/11? Tell da troof nigga, it was you nigga
Psychoul
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Psychoul »

Rage looks really fun, but where are they with that.. I saw the trailer last year.. but it is going to be a huge game. I think about 14 gigs at least, if not 20. just speculation on the detail and stuff.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

The biggest problem? The information might be new, but it'll still be spoken from a mouth wrapped firmly around Bethcock. Russ Pitts is a pretty good example of a journalistic cock sucker tbh.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I only get my Fallout: NV news from Leaving Las Vegas.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Kickstand27
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Kickstand27 »

Psychoul wrote:Rage looks really fun, but where are they with that.. I saw the trailer last year.. but it is going to be a huge game. I think about 14 gigs at least, if not 20. just speculation on the detail and stuff.
they were about done with it, then they hushed it all when Zeni bought out ID. they had a great site with all kinds of content and everything.

my thoughts is that right now, it is going to take away from NV< so theyll wait until after that is realeased before they do anything with it..

ive also said it a few times, but i think F4 will most likely be built with Tech 5...
Our Host!