Hooked Gamers previews Fallout: New Vegas

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Siede wrote:In advance I never played fallout 1 or 2 although I heard great things.
Clearly you misheard because if you enjoyed Fallout 3 none of those gameplay elements existed in Fallout or Fallout 2. In fact, about the only similarity are some of the words and, obviously, the title.
I liked fallout 3 and new vegas is already more than half done so it's too late to complain.
Okay, let me respond to this one with your own quote:
Siede wrote:With such a short amount of time till fall they must be in a hurry, I really loved fallout 3 and expect an even better game from the original creators. I wish they would just be patient and really work on the game. I can be patient too. Even if it doesn't get released for another year or two, as long as they did the best they could and didn't release it too early, I'm happy.
A. These are not the original creators, there are SOME of them around, but it is, for the most part to my understanding, it's own studio, simply with a sprinkling of old talent. The original creators are spread to the high heavens and back.
B. You want a two or three year development cycle for what is essentially an expansion pack? Feel free to explain that one. A full game is lucky to get three years anymore, especially ones with lots of hype because marketing is expensive. Cut production costs, boost marketing expenditures, but that's a very topic entirely.
I expect alot from this game, a map about the same size, more npc's, better graphics, some travel systems like a hover board, scooter, or even riding on the back of a deathclaw, more interesting scenery vs the only gray scenery of fallout 3, more customization, parts of armor like gloves, boots, chest piece, leggings, belts, capes, and accessories like walky talkys and GPS that you buy and not an actual feature.
Please, feel free to enlighten us as to how hoverboards, walkie talkies, riding deathclaws, or a scooter have fuckall to do with anything Fallout. Or do you not actually care to know about the game you claim to love? Clearly you haven't even set your mind straight on what Fallout 3 is about, much less Fallout or Fallout 2.
I think that in fallout 3 you move way too slow and having something to solve that would be great.
I don't even understand this one. You can literally cross the map in a matter of a few minutes at a leisurely walk.
Very serious.
Are you out of your mind?
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

Siede wrote:Very serious.
About cock? Because only a flaming faggit would like Halo. That goes for the rest of you to.
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

Are we being trolled? :? I is confused.
TwinkieGorilla
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by TwinkieGorilla »

Superhaze wrote:Are we being trolled? :? I is confused.
somebody signed up today at DaC and made that particular post? riding on deathclaws? dude...come on.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Siede wrote:With such a short amount of time till fall they must be in a hurry, I really loved fallout 3 and expect an even better game from the original creators. I wish they would just be patient and really work on the game. I can be patient too. Even if it doesn't get released for another year or two, as long as they did the best they could and didn't release it too early, I'm happy. I expect alot from this game, a map about the same size, more npc's, better graphics, some travel systems like a hover board, scooter, or even riding on the back of a deathclaw, more interesting scenery vs the only gray scenery of fallout 3, more customization, parts of armor like gloves, boots, chest piece, leggings, belts, capes, and accessories like walky talkys and GPS that you buy and not an actual feature.
Why spend an extra two years on something that is already based on a formula to fail, i.e. a shitty engine?
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Siede wrote:In advance I never played fallout 1 or 2 although I heard great things. I liked fallout 3 and new vegas is already more than half done so it's too late to complain. Maybe next time but for now just expect something different than you already were because it's too late for that. I think that in fallout 3 you move way too slow and having something to solve that would be great.
Don't bother playing the originals, you'll hate them.
TyphoidG
SDF!
SDF!

Post by TyphoidG »

Ok....that guy is a retard....please dont associate me with him at all what so ever.

That being said.

Ive played all of the fallout games, even the truly atrocious Brotherhood of Steel heresy that was released on xbox. Im truly excited about FNV nearly as much as I was while awaiting F3.

Undoubtedly, if FNV follows the same trends that have been long running in most games of this past decade, I will also be just as disappointed with most likely the same problems I have with F3. All of which boil down to that game being a slapped together rehash of elder scrolls voice acting and graphics mixed with quasi researched lore material set in a convoluted real world local that seemed to blatantly play to Bethesda's ego rather than recreate a Nuked into Oblivion (pun intended here) D.C.

I guess is should stop rambling and just simplicize this.

Me am liking Fallout 3. Me am also going to like FNV no matter how many bugs/flaws is innit.

Fuck you guys. Im going to go ride my deathclaw
:thefinger:
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

TyphoidG wrote:Fuck you guys. Im going to go ride my deathclaw
And he rides his deathclaw into the desert at full moon, knowing that he's just cunted the entire original fanbase and there isn't a damn thing they can do about it.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Through the wastes I ride on my scooter, walky talky by my side. :che:
Siede
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Siede »

I've read what you have said and maybe I spoke too soon, as someone who has never played fallout 1 or 2 I have barely any right to say my opinion to the hardcore fallout fans. I made suggestions for the new fallout being a good game but with alot of glich. I enjoyed the game and got every achievement. I liked the game but it does have alot of flaws and my suggestions are about those flaws. Hopefully my opinion can help as a debate rather than a group of similiar opinions complaining about the same thing, like variety.
TwinkieGorilla
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by TwinkieGorilla »

Siede wrote:I enjoyed the game and got every achievement.
awexxxome!!! did you get the "Modded Deathclaw into Vehicle" achievement?
Siede
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Siede »

TwinkieGorilla wrote:
Siede wrote:I enjoyed the game and got every achievement.
awexxxome!!! did you get the "Modded Deathclaw into Vehicle" achievement?

No because I couldn't find any vehicles, which was really disappionting because I was walking through the map and it took forever to walk, if I had found a vehicle and gotten this achievement I would have been able to travel alot faster, kind of like the reason I mentioned this suggestion earlier.
Siede
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Siede »

jetbaby wrote:
Siede wrote:In advance I never played fallout 1 or 2 although I heard great things.
Clearly you misheard because if you enjoyed Fallout 3 none of those gameplay elements existed in Fallout or Fallout 2. In fact, about the only similarity are some of the words and, obviously, the title.
I liked fallout 3 and new vegas is already more than half done so it's too late to complain.
Siede wrote:With such a short amount of time till fall they must be in a hurry, I really loved fallout 3 and expect an even better game from the original creators. I wish they would just be patient and really work on the game. I can be patient too. Even if it doesn't get released for another year or two, as long as they did the best they could and didn't release it too early, I'm happy.
A. These are not the original creators, there are SOME of them around, but it is, for the most part to my understanding, it's own studio, simply with a sprinkling of old talent. The original creators are spread to the high heavens and back.
B. You want a two or three year development cycle for what is essentially an expansion pack? Feel free to explain that one. A full game is lucky to get three years anymore, especially ones with lots of hype because marketing is expensive. Cut production costs, boost marketing expenditures, but that's a very topic entirely.
I expect alot from this game, a map about the same size, more npc's, better graphics, some travel systems like a hover board, scooter, or even riding on the back of a deathclaw, more interesting scenery vs the only gray scenery of fallout 3, more customization, parts of armor like gloves, boots, chest piece, leggings, belts, capes, and accessories like walky talkys and GPS that you buy and not an actual feature.
Please, feel free to enlighten us as to how hoverboards, walkie talkies, riding deathclaws, or a scooter have fuckall to do with anything Fallout. Or do you not actually care to know about the game you claim to love? Clearly you haven't even set your mind straight on what Fallout 3 is about, much less Fallout or Fallout 2.
I think that in fallout 3 you move way too slow and having something to solve that would be great.
I don't even understand this one. You can literally cross the map in a matter of a few minutes at a leisurely walk.
Very serious.
Well the fallout 3 map is at least 13 square miles, the average human walks a metre per second, so at a leisurely walk which is less than average it would take at least 6 hours. If only I had a vehicle. The fast travel system is one of my least favorite part of any game.
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

TwinkieGorilla wrote:
somebody signed up today at DaC and made that particular post? riding on deathclaws? dude...come on.
But there are so many trolls around now.. is it planned? Are we being stalked by lame mmorpg fanboys? This shit just got serious.. :che:
Siede
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Siede »

Superhaze wrote:
TwinkieGorilla wrote:
But there are so many trolls around now.. is it planned? Are we being stalked by lame mmorpg fanboys? This shit just got serious.. :che:
Fi Fi Fo Fum, I is troll eat you ....grrrr.... :sumo: :sumo:
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

actually, you're not the troll im thinking of. You just have a fucking bizarre view of what fallout is.
Siede
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Siede »

Superhaze wrote:actually, you're not the troll im thinking of. You just have a fucking bizarre view of what fallout is.
Me troll break you eat head....RAAAAAAAAAA :dinosaur: :sumo: :sumo: :sumo: :sumo: :sumo: :sumo: :sumo: :sumo: :sumo:
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

Siede wrote:
jetbaby wrote:
Very serious.
Well the fallout 3 map is at least 13 square miles, the average human walks a metre per second, so at a leisurely walk which is less than average it would take at least 6 hours. If only I had a vehicle. The fast travel system is one of my least favorite part of any game.
No dude, I tried it once. It took me 20 minutes, and that includes stopping to fight some radiers. The map in GTA 4 took way longer to walk around. Was far more interesting too.
TwinkieGorilla
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by TwinkieGorilla »

Siede wrote: No because I couldn't find any vehicles, which was really disappionting because I was walking through the map and it took forever to walk, if I had found a vehicle and gotten this achievement I would have been able to travel alot faster, kind of like the reason I mentioned this suggestion earlier.
awww bro that's harsh!
TwinkieGorilla
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by TwinkieGorilla »

Superhaze wrote: But there are so many trolls around now.. is it planned? Are we being stalked by lame mmorpg fanboys? This shit just got serious.. :che:
meh. who cares? if i had to guess i'd wager there are probably a few numbnuts in that Bethesda site thread who believed the "mystary!" here was going to be something real and are feeling butthurt over it.
Our Host!