The dawning of a new kiddie pool...

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

The dawning of a new kiddie pool...

Post by Killzig »

<strong>[ -> N/A]</strong>

Not really, same old bitching, new volume. Check it out over <a href="http://www.duckandcover.net/features/ki ... yonder.</a>
K~G~T
SDF!
SDF!

Post by K~G~T »

So...

...Wich one's the G-spot again?
Bulldog
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Bulldog »

Wow, PETA really is unbelievably stupid.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

What then will become of Pyro's wasteland? A bastion of elf pr0n?
heh heh heh

and even mentions of TWB! Life is good.
Ghetto Goose
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Ghetto Goose »

ya screwed up a bit Killz, the comic where Kreegle looks like a grandma is Lasse's comic TWB. MINE is the community comic, where kreegs is a cartoon.

great work though.

Post by Guest »

I totally agree with the Lionheart comments. Why the hell is DAC covering this game? Why don't we get daily coverage on Icewind Dale 2 or Baldur's Gate whatever? Gimme a break.
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

Because Lionheart uses the SPECIAL system and is being worked on in accordance to BIS.

There are some remote chances that the engine is re-used for FO3, and failing that it still has roots in the FO world...

Finally, well, there isn't much to cover about Fallout lately, so anything that has just the slitest resemblance will spawn interest. Admitably they shouldn't feature every damn rumour about the game that exits, but rather simply comments which pertain to the SPECIAL base...

Post by Guest »

So you're saying the only reason is Lionheart's using the SPECIAL system? My god, you guys are really desperate. It's so obvious the game is gonna be another Baldur's Gate. Why not give up on Black Isle altogether and try covering other futuristic post apocalyptic games that are actually in development??!!
4too
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post Apoca' Games Underdevelopement or Underdeveloped?

Post by 4too »

Name three.

4too

Post by Guest »

Neocron, Wasteland Half Life (or The Wastes), and Trash, to name a few. DAC didn't even post about TW's last few site updates. Instead we get more crap about another FANTASY game destined to fail.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

Dammit. Forgot to log in both times. Those last 2 posts by "Guest" are me.
Section8
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by Section8 »

That pic makes me want to cut up and eat naked women. If it's all the same, I really do love eating animals. In fact, if it wasn't going to completely fuck up my bodily systems, I'd become a carnivore.
--
Only a real artist knows the actual anatomy of the terrible, or the physiology of fear - the exact sort of lines and proportions that connect up with latent instincts or heriditary memories of fright, and the proper colour contrasts and lighting effects to stir the dormant sense of strangeness.
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

Anonymous wrote:Neocron, Wasteland Half Life (or The Wastes), and Trash, to name a few. DAC didn't even post about TW's last few site updates. Instead we get more crap about another FANTASY game destined to fail.
Neocron is cyberpunk. I'd hardly consider any game where you can get bionic implants, hack computer systems, and fight against huge corporations "post apocalyptic", would you? Besides, it's an MMORPG. With the market for those as saturated as it is, I'd say it's one of those "destined to fail" scenarios, wouldn't you?

The Wastes is a shitty half life mod. There's dozens of half life mods out there, and some are loosely based on Fallout. However, it's not an RPG, they're not original in the least, and judging by the player counts of them, no one gives a shit about them either.

We have posted about Trash. By the way, the mutants in Trash use MAGIC. Suck it down.

Next?
------------------
Walks with the Snails
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Walks with the Snails »

Yeah, that picture just makes cannibalism look quite appealing, I can't say it makes me feel bad about picking up a pound of ground round at the store. What do you expect from PETA, though, what the hell do they know about what works on meat-eaters? Though knowing them, they'd probably be happy if they could turn us into cannibals. Then we wouldn't be eating the sweet little cows and chickens any more.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

Saint, that still doesn't explain why you're covering a game which is 100% fantasy and nothing more. Sure, it has Fallout's similar SPECIAL system, but what else? Icewind Dale 2 has a similar layout and it's 2d. Wow! I just found another connection to Fallout!
Neverwinter Nights has a nasty plague killing everybody which might lead to the end of the world. Holy shit! Another vague connection to Fallout.
Wait a second! I got another one for ya. Command and Conquer. Every one of those games has a nuke in 'em. Top down view + nukes = Fallout?
Jedi Knight 2, sequel to Dark Forces: Jedi Knight. Fallout has a sequel. It's called Fallout 2. Jedi Knight 2, Fallout 2. Am I the only one here to see the connection?
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

Mad Max RW wrote:Saint, that still doesn't explain why you're covering a game which is 100% fantasy and nothing more. Sure, it has Fallout's similar SPECIAL system, but what else? Icewind Dale 2 has a similar layout and it's 2d. Wow! I just found another connection to Fallout!
And, you take the cake for being a moron! With each new post, you delve deeper and deeper in to complete and utter idiocy.

Lionheart not only has a Post Apocalyptic scenario, it also uses the SPECIAL system from Fallout.

Does IWD2 have either of those? No? Thanks!
Neverwinter Nights has a nasty plague killing everybody which might lead to the end of the world. Holy shit! Another vague connection to Fallout.
You'd be better spent talking about NWN's dumb dialogue and speech skill then a silly plague which is only limited to one town and doesn't last more than one chapter in the game. Apparently the word post in post apocalypse is confusing to you?

Is NWN post apocalyptic? No? Thanks!

Does NWN use SPECIAL? No? Thanks!

Oh, and BTW, there was an AD&D post apocalyptic themed game. It was called Dark Sun. Post Apocalyptic isn't limited to just "sci-fi", you know.

http://www.rpgunited.com/eng/info/a2darksun.html

It's still funny that you piss and moan about Lionheart being "fantasy", but you didn't bother justifying mutants in Trash <a href="http://www.inhumangames.com/Info_130.asp">using magic</a>. Amusing how that works, isn't it? It's just down right ironic you DON'T have a problem with that type of "fantasy" mumbo jumbo being in Trash, but you cry like a bitch about Lionheart.

See, I don't have a problem with it as long as the situation warrents it. If there were a great cataclystic in the 12th century, then there would be a "post apocalyptic" vein from that. The fact that the result of which is magic spirits tainting humanity with magic doesn't bother me in the least, much like radiation giving mutants magic doesn't bother me.

Then again, I'm not a narrow focused dipshit like you are.

Suck it down, too!
Wait a second! I got another one for ya. Command and Conquer. Every one of those games has a nuke in 'em. Top down view + nukes = Fallout?
Again, you're rambling like a moron. Lionheart has a lot more in common with Fallout than C&C just because there are low grade nukes in it.

Is C&C post apocalyptic? No? Thanks!

Is C&C a game that uses SPECIAL? No? Thanks!
Jedi Knight 2, sequel to Dark Forces: Jedi Knight. Fallout has a sequel. It's called Fallout 2. Jedi Knight 2, Fallout 2. Am I the only one here to see the connection?
And well in to the shallow end of the genepool, he swims.

Is Jedi Knight 2 post apocalyptic? No? Thanks!

Is Jedi Knight a game that uses SPECIAL? No? Thanks!
------------------
Red

Post by Red »

In contrast to the other examples given, there's an extra resemblance: It's an RPG. Alll others devele into other kind of games, RTS/MMOPRG...

Of course where does FO:T fit then? Well, it's not their fault that BIS/IP approved a Fallout Spin-off, and being a Fallout site they can't just not cover it..

And additionaly, Lionheart is done with BIS/IP's blessing, so to speak...
Our Host!