Interplay v. Bethesda and investments update

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Interplay v. Bethesda and investments update

Post by King of Creation »

<strong>[ Company -> Update ]</strong> - More info on <a href="http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Bethesda v. Interplay">Company: Bethesda v. Interplay</a>

<p>Thanks to Interplay investor <strong>Orionquest</strong>, we have some updates in the Interplay v. Bethesda case, as well as some clarification of <a href="../../forums/viewtopic.php?t=23836">the recent investments</a> that were made in Interplay. I'll let him explain:</p>
<p> </p>
<blockquote>
<p><em><span style="line-height: 1.4;">after waiting quiet a while, we finally have some clarification from CEO Herv&eacute; Caen through PV13 developer Chris Taylor:

"Got an answer from Herv&eacute;:

Chris,
I did see this and we can confirm that his interpretation of how the warrants work is correct.
Tks,
Herv&eacute;"

So we can finally(?) put this little tussle to be in that the investment company has not yet exercised their options for 10 cents each( not yet paying 750k in the process to Interplay).

If I were in their position, I will not exercise them immediately either. Once PV13 comes close to release(regardless of the fight with Bethesda), there will be plenty of time to exercise those shares at a much greater profit.

BTW, thanks to Fry for finding out that Bethesda and Interplay have delayed their initial court hearing appearance for the trial.

"Appendix due: May 10, 2010 Opening Brief due: May 10, 2010 Response Brief due: June 15, 2010 Any Reply Brief: 14 days from service of Response Brief."

As I've stated before, time is ticking for both sides and as much as Interplay has to lose in releasing a generic MMO( would be better to bootstrap the release hype to the Fallout name), Bethesda has more to lose in that they've already trapped themselves to not releasing a Fallout MMO until 4 years after the dust is settled from the court case(2011 end to 2015 release of Beth's Fallout MMO) unless they feel the need to perjure themselves with their COO's testimony that it takes 4 years to work on the MMO. Any release prior to 4 years from a potential win against Interplay is perjury based on court testimony and Interplay would be entitled to take Bethesda back to court based on false testimony.

That is why Bethesda wanted the statements of their COO redacted from court testimony. The Judge should understand that also and prevent their redaction for this reason.

Not much new from Bethesda's next iteration of their lawyer engine other than refrying the beans argument made by Marbury that was repudiated succinctly by the judge. </span></em></p>
</blockquote>
<p><span style="line-height: 1.4;">As always, you can find all of the Interpay investor banter over at the <a href="http://ragingbull.quote.com/mboard/boar ... 25">Raging Bull </a>forums.
</span></p>
Our Host!