Game you're playing. How far you are.

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

More of an unwillingness over ineptitude of shot placement.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

An unwillingness to prevent An Heroism
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

Grand Theft Auto 2, yes I know it's old, felt a trip down memory lane would be fun.

There's 3 maps, the second one is annoying, used level skip cheat. Last time I played it I was helping a russian mob boss steal a bus, pick up the passengers, take them to the meat plant, strip em naked, force them to walk into the meat grinder, then sell the meat to some hot dog company.

Also playing Heroes of Might and Magic 4 again.
ekkaman
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by ekkaman »

GTA 2 was that the one with the English expansion? Had it on playstation loved it.

Just started back on company of heroes getting into online play again, had epic 4v4 battle last night when all was lost one last push and victory was ours, hate fighting the British sometimes.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

No, that was GTA 1 (London 1964 or something like that).
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Yeah. GTA 2 was futuristic, I think.
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

Gta2 was futuristic as hell. It was the next-level shit that forced all new games to ignore sci-fi and return to brown and gritty 80's miami vice-esque games.

..i think I may have skipped a few Gta's, but the hypothesis still stands.
SenisterDenister

Rockstar is allowing free download of GTA2 off their website, if you're interested. I actually had it for my Gameboy Color, next time I head home I might look for it.
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

Heavy Rain. Pretty boss so far. Story isn't anything too original, more of a hodge podge, but the execution is fantastic. Some iffy voice work here and there, but it is mostly isolated to one or two characters. High recommendation.

Edit: Alright, just "beat" the game. I made it a point not to reload when things didn't turn out how I liked and I have to say I'm impressed with the result. Instead of the expected, which is multiple branching paths leading to the same outcome, I found that by the end of the game my actions had directly led to the deaths of 3 out of 4 of the playable protagonists, as well as the child they are trying to save. On top of this, by game's end I was nowhere near uncovering the identity of the killer the story is based around.

If you can stomach the first hour and a half or so of thinly veiled tutorials, in the form of tooth-brushing minigames and other menial shit, they payoff is rather large, as is the replay value.
my vocabulary skills is above you.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Heavy Rain looks like my type of game as it looks like a serious adventure with mixing of the choices and consequences of RPGs. If i had a ps3 it would probably be my first game to get but if I get a ps3 but I can probably find other games and forget about it in a few years. I like when games are exclusive for the system I own but not when they are to systems I don't own.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
TyphoidG
SDF!
SDF!

Post by TyphoidG »

Ive found my old sierra city building sims...Just beat Caesar 3 and working on installing Pharoah..
Sad thing is ive had these games for a decade now probably and i never beat either of them before now.
"Trolling,Trolling Never Changes"~Unknown E-peen
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

The new Red Dead Revolver looks fantastic, just read the Game Informer article on it after I woke up this morning. Same with Portal 2; I'm getting eager to see the finished products, only a few months off now.
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

Does Portal really need a sequal? It was a fantastic game, can't we jut leave it alone?
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Apperently, and this is just apperently, the first was just a "Test bed" cause Valve didn't want to risk making it a full project or something, so they decided that this is the first "real" game or something. Valve uses weird ideas. On the other hand, they generally make enjoyable games.
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

Yonmanc wrote:Does Portal really need a sequal? It was a fantastic game, can't we jut leave it alone?
Clearly you haven't read the Game Informer article. 12 pages of absolute gold. Since the catastrophe at the end of the first game, something like 100 years have passed and certain areas of the test center are now overgrown with vegetation and the like. Visually it is absolutely amazing, and even the diagrams Valve provided had me in stitches, "Excursion Funnel", "Pneumatic Diversity Vent " and babysitting turret especially.
GLaDOS wrote:It's been a long time. How have you been? I've been really busy being dead. You know....after you murdered me? Okay look, we both said a lot of things that you are going to regret. But I think we should put our differences behind us. For science. You monster.
GLaDOS wrote:We're a lot alike, you and I. You tested me. I tested you. You killed me. I--oh, no, wait. I guess I haven't killed you yet. Well. Food for thought during this next test.
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

Aonaran wrote:
Yonmanc wrote:Does Portal really need a sequal? It was a fantastic game, can't we jut leave it alone?
Clearly you haven't read the Game Informer article. 12 pages of absolute gold. Since the catastrophe at the end of the first game, something like 100 years have passed and certain areas of the test center are now overgrown with vegetation and the like. Visually it is absolutely amazing, and even the diagrams Valve provided had me in stitches, "Excursion Funnel", "Pneumatic Diversity Vent " and babysitting turret especially.
Portal had a storyline?
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

Yonmanc wrote:Portal had a storyline?
Yeah, I think that is fair to say. Valve was always uncommonly talented at telling a story without drawing too much attention to the fact. Implication, an Easter egg here and there, scripted events unfolding in the far distance and so on and so forth. It is there if you are looking, if not, you must be having too good a time to be bothered with it. One of those good problems, methinks.
my vocabulary skills is above you.
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

I understood that it was a facility gone awry, I just thought that was more of a setting than a story, certainly didn't think it warranted a sequal. Who knows, it might be a laugh.
SenisterDenister

All this news about Portal 2 yet nothing about Episode 3. Shit.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

I just wish they'd revisit the Shepard character.
Our Host!