Red!Viewer 1.6.0.2 -> export to TGA!

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Red!Viewer 1.6.0.2 -> export to TGA!

Post by Red »

Well, here it is... Even though the vote was to add Sprites before TGA support, adding TGA support became trivial (1 day of work) once I coded the DirectX engine, which is why I put this in priority. That and I spend a good amount of time reading the Targa format specs and wanted to test if I figured it out properly :D

http://red.homeip.net:8080/redviewer.ace

This is not a big update in itself but I think this is an important milestone as it should make editing the tiles and sprites much easyer for those who just want to tweak (add bullet holes, whatever) the tiles...

Supported exports:
ZAR, TIL frame and SPR Layer

Well, hope you people try this version out. I still have no input about the boundingbox problems I asked to report in the previous versions... Her I am coding like a mad monkey and you people don't even try it thouroughly :x.
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

Got it - here's my "report" on the bounding box:

In Software, the bounding box is mostly dark blue, with 3 lines being light blue.

In DX8 mode, the BB is all black.

This on a GeForce2 MX, btw.

So, with the Save as TGA ability, those of us who have PSP instead of Photoshop can make new .spr's, right? Could we get some instructions on how to?
Closing our eyes forces us to look
At the darkness inside.
Our emotions always find us
Regardless of where we hide.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
http://mvmaphub.duckandcover.cx <--- Updated July 10th, 2006
Ed the Monkey
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Ed the Monkey »

that's what's so fun about being a programmer... you don't get response when it works, but you sure as hell hear about it when it doesn't. I've tried the new version for making my tiles, and it seems to work perfectally... but i havn't really been pushing it. I had this Idea that I wanted to make a few new weapons, maybe include the bozaar in this one... I was ultimately curious about seeing if i could bend the rules a bit in making some new weap entities. looking through the sprites i stumbled on the impact folder and weapons anims which sparked my imagination, that's where the flaregun idea came from... anyway, so do you know how to use Spray? I'm getting a bunch of odd stuff, is there a better poggie for making sprites?
Just one monkey in a room of infinite monkeys, typing on infinite computers, now taking an infinite coffee break.......
Jimmyjay86

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

Red, one suggestion: can you put an "about" menu or just the version number on the top bar which tells which version I have open? I have several Redviewer.exe progs on the computer and I can't easily tell which is the most current.

Also one little problem with the tga export. I exported a sprite but it didn't change the extension to tga. I had to manually change the file extension after it was exported.

Ed, if you want a bozar, there already is one I can email to you.
Red

Post by Red »

Nope, no other program as of yet and I don't know how to use it either.

Editing sprites is upposed to be next on my list though.
Ed the Monkey
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Ed the Monkey »

got the bozar sprite... thanx anyway... btw, i have photoshop 7, and the doc doesn't really express some of the issues in 7. I'm having some problems here...
Just one monkey in a room of infinite monkeys, typing on infinite computers, now taking an infinite coffee break.......
Jimmyjay86

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

What problems are you having?
Ed the Monkey
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Ed the Monkey »

acutally...i took another look at that tutorial and messed around, that combined with some of the stuff you said, and i got it working. thanx...
Our Host!