Game you're playing. How far you are.

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

No, no you're not. You don't understand the community despite how open minded you claim you are. You take no effort to understand us, you're coming here with the perspective of an outsider and refuse to abandon said perspective in order to understand the locals, you're a self-righteous douchebag.
Connor
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Connor »

I disagree. I came with an open mind, and you all have closed it by giving me a poor debate, particularly the part where it was generalized that all people (or all people with a brain) hate Fallout 3 and The Elder Scrolls. I was arguing for it's merits, and thereby proving that they have their good bits and that not all people hate them.
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." – Benjamin Franklin
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

You came in here and proceeded to promote an opinion. Said opinion has already been long discussed and rejected by the population, for reasons widely documented by hours and hours' worth of threads outlining not just generalizations but specific details of WHY Fallout fans do not extend that emotion towards Fallout 3. I used to like it, but enough reasons kept appearing as I continued playing that I eventually had to stop making excuses and accept reality for what it was.

If you don't like it, the door has always been available to you. And if you're the type who 'doesn't back down from debate'... well, you're shit outta luck. It's just not gonna pan out for you.

It's like you strode into the grit of Harlem to find some gentlemen who would join you in watching Happy Days.

Train your promotional Pichu elsewhere, lil' britches. :drunk:
Connor
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Connor »

I felt the hate from the beginning.
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." – Benjamin Franklin
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Connor wrote:I felt the hate from the beginning.
It's DaC's long-running alternative energy source. Fossil fuels are dirty and electromagnetism is expensive, so we improvise by making an engine of anger and keeping the fires lit by throwing douchey, scarf-wearing n00bs onto the cinder.

What you're feeling is recognized in the scientific community as "oxidization."
Connor
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Connor »

Ah, well, at least there's a good explanation for it then!
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Yeah... well, if you're about done, I think I'm tempted to start exercising mod authority and 'remove' you from the conversation from here on out.

That is, of course, unless you're willing to take a walk on the wild side.
Connor
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Connor »

Manoil wrote:Yeah... well, if you're about done, I think I'm tempted to start exercising mod authority and 'remove' you from the conversation from here on out.

That is, of course, unless you're willing to take a walk on the wild side.
No, I think I'll just show myself out. It's been good to have an internet battle to keep me up-to-snuff. I might return someday if I feel discussion warrants it.

Until then (?), adios!
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

I was gonna offer him to drop his pants and touch his toes, but... this is probably for the better. And that IS an abort mission order, DML. Don't bring the banana, it is no longer required
Caleb
Strider
Strider

Post by Caleb »

Connor wrote:merits
it was short and it ended.
...signatures? WTF?
HarryK801
SDF!
SDF!

Post by HarryK801 »

Manoil wrote:I was gonna offer him to drop his pants and touch his toes, but... this is probably for the better. And that IS an abort mission order, DML. Don't bring the banana, it is no longer required
that sounds like a fun party to me.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

HarryK801 wrote:
Manoil wrote:I was gonna offer him to drop his pants and touch his toes, but... this is probably for the better. And that IS an abort mission order, DML. Don't bring the banana, it is no longer required
Do you come recommended by any accredited Events and Adventures® businesses?
HarryK801
SDF!
SDF!

Post by HarryK801 »

Manoil wrote:
HarryK801 wrote:
Do you come recommended by any accredited Events and Adventures® businesses?
lol what?
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

If you have to ask, the answer is no.
HarryK801
SDF!
SDF!

Post by HarryK801 »

okay.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Caleb wrote:
Connor wrote:merits
it was short and it ended.
The uninstall.exe also wasn't a corrupted file like my Oblivion
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Manoil wrote:
Connor wrote:u gaiz r funneh. i liek.

You'd figure your lips would start to stink bad enough for you to remove them from DaC's asshole by now
You know what, that movie is actually awesome.
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

Connor wrote:at this point, I might as well be posting on 4chan.

amirite guise?
No, they'd laugh at you as well.
Connor wrote:I disagree. I came with an open mind, and you all have closed it by giving me a poor debate, particularly the part where it was generalized that all people (or all people with a brain) hate Fallout 3 and The Elder Scrolls. I was arguing for it's merits, and thereby proving that they have their good bits and that not all people hate them.
Wrong. I don't hate Elder Scrolls games. I've never played an Elder Scrolls game. It wasn't a poor debate. You asked a question, got an answer you didn't like, cried a bit, eat your mothers cunt.

Arguing for it's merits doesn't prove they have good bits, it proves it has things YOU like. That's fine, that's the great thing about the videogames industry, there's a lot to choose from. You chose a game we don't like, whigned like a little eats-his-own-mothers-cunt bitch when we disagreed with you, then eat some more of your mohers cunt.

Some people liked Fallout 3, some didn't. The ones that didn't moved on to other games, the ones that did troll message boards trying to convince themselves they didn't waste money on an Elder Scrolls mod, by getting people to come to their way of thinking. They fail miserably at masking this insecurity, and eat some more of their mothers cunts.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Well done, DaC. :salute:

I still have faith in you. :911neverforget:
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Frater Perdurabo wrote:You know what, that movie is actually awesome.
Of course it is. It has fuckin JAMES WOODS.
VasikkA wrote:Well done, DaC. :salute:

I still have faith in you. :911neverforget:
We do what we must, when we must. But we are melancholy, for we have no sun 9 months of the year.
Our Host!