Interplay and Bethesda Email Drama

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Interplay and Bethesda Email Drama

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

<strong>[ Company -> Update ]</strong>

<p>Ausir has alerted me to some drama about the use of artwork and other stuff on Interplays website that can be read in some recently uncovered email exchanges between the two companies. Here is the gist of the whole thing;</p>
<p style="padding-left: 30px;"><strong>Grif</strong>: The Project V13 artwork is not approved and must be removed.
<strong>Herve</strong>: Which artwork is in question as we have several? All are original Interplay artwork in relation to Project V13. Anything else?
<strong>Grif</strong>: All Project V13 artwork. It clearly relates to a possible MMOG based on Fallout.
<strong>Herve</strong>: We have now changed all Project V13 artwork per your request and will go live with the website shortly.</p>
<p style="padding-left: 30px;"><strong>Grif</strong>: You still have Project V13 artwork displayed on the proposed site. Not approved.
<strong>Herve</strong>: These are new artworks. We are developing Project V13 so we need to show something. What do you suggest?
[No reply]</p>
<p>There is two other conversations that can be read <a href="http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog ... iled">here. </a>One is about Herve wanting a face to face meeting with the CEO of Bethesda but getting ignored and the other one about Interplay putting Fallout on Gametap. Check it out at Ausir's <a href="http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog ... ed">Palace of Regrets</a>.</p><p>Spotted @ <a href="http://www.gamesurge.net/">#fallout</a></p>
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Geez, they're just like little kids. One gives a wet willie, so the response is a titty twister.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

This is all old stuff posted a long time ago.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

If Poops posts it then its new to me.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

I posted about this stuff literally months ago, back around the time we released the PV13 art and screenshots. I don't think I actually posted the transcripts of the email exchanges, but I paraphrased and quoted them like I do with all the stuff.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Ausir
The Vault Overseer
The Vault Overseer

Post by Ausir »

Well, the Caen Declaration that you just posted about is just as old as these - it was filed in October. I figured it might be interesting for people to see the actual e-mails rather than summaries.
Last edited by Ausir on Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Yeah, but never reported about before :)
Ausir
The Vault Overseer
The Vault Overseer

Post by Ausir »

Not specifically, but the same arguments that Herve writes about in his declaration have been posted about before anyway.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

This news is horrible. Not the quality, but because it actually makes me look at Herve and go "I feel sorry that you have to deal with that idiot," and it's Herve Caen for god's sake that I feel sympathy for. Something's wrong with that.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

KoC, don't hate the news okay.

Ya, Herve in these emails makes you want to sympathize a bit but it soon goes away when you see a pic of him.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
orionquest
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by orionquest »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:KoC, don't hate the news okay.

Ya, Herve in these emails makes you want to sympathize a bit but it soon goes away when you see a pic of him.
You mean this smarmy pic over here:

http://twitter.com/hervecaen

Maybe he posted it all in jest. Beverly Hills is a pretty boring and devoid place unless you count window shopping Italian tourists.

You should give the guy a break. Sometimes divorces and midlife crises go hand in hand especially when there is a fast car to crash and "Galleon" game like long haired swashbuckling to do.

Unless some of you guys want to go out in a blaze of glory and leave this planetoidal by dying young, I believe a little mercy would go a long way in adding to your Karma skill level for this life here and not just the next hyper dimensional level of reality.

I know it's too much to ask for people to grant others grace since that requires too much effort for some and many people are trapped in vicious low energy state cycles to even fathom what I am talking about, but a person can try since mercy just requires a lack of sociopath behavior.

Speaking of sociopath lawyering behavior, I wonder what the next bout in this legal tussle will bring?

"Sellissues" pho"step"toes for desperags?
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

Wolfman Walt wrote:This news is horrible. Not the quality, but because it actually makes me look at Herve and go "I feel sorry that you have to deal with that idiot," and it's Herve Caen for god's sake that I feel sympathy for. Something's wrong with that.
The enemy of my enemy is my friend.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

They're both my enemy. So they're both my friends?
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

No - in that case, allow them to weaken each other with battle and then swoop in and crush the temporary victor!
Our Host!