Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

http://www.meteomedia.com/weather/caqc0363

It's so fucking cold you can feel the hairs in your nose sticking together when you breathe, and your forehead hurts after a few minutes walk D:
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

How do you even live in that type of weather? I think it's freezing when its 40F. When it's too cold to go outside you need to move to another location.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Weather stations estimate I'll be getting around seventeen inches of snow. Currently 25f.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:How do you even live in that type of weather? I think it's freezing when its 40F. When it's too cold to go outside you need to move to another location.
Seconded. Susan, you need a winter home in the states.
Kashluk

Re: -30

Post by Kashluk »

S4ur0n27 wrote:http://www.meteomedia.com/weather/caqc0363

It's so fucking cold you can feel the hairs in your nose sticking together when you breathe, and your forehead hurts after a few minutes walk D:
Yeah, we've had our handful with similar weather around here as well. But then again, what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger, o'aight? Some of my friends don't wear long-legged underwear until it hits -20 Celsius / -4 Fahrenheit.
Pawns4Mons
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Pawns4Mons »

Try my city LOL

"Calgary is a city of extremes, and temperatures have ranged anywhere from a record low of −45 °C (−49 °F) in 1893 to a record high of 36 °C (97 °F) in 1919. Temperatures fall below −30 °C (−22.0 °F) on about five days per year, though extreme cold spells usually do not last very long."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calgary#Climate
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

While not exactly cold here, it's freezing compared to normal temperatures. Been getting down to 5 C at night, and sometimes not more than 8 or 9 during the day.

Current weather conditions:
Sandstorm. Mild.
Temperature: 23 °C
Comfort level: 24 °C
Dew point: -2 °C
Barometer: 1007 millibars
Humidity: 19%
Visibility: 4 km
Wind: 33 km/h from 190° SouthDirection North
Last update: Sat 9:00 AM EET
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Pawns4Mons wrote:"Calgary is a city of extremes, and temperatures have ranged anywhere from a record low of &#8722;45 °C (&#8722;49 °F) in 1893 to a record high of 36 °C (97 °F) in 1919. Temperatures fall below &#8722;30 °C (&#8722;22.0 °F) on about five days per year, though extreme cold spells usually do not last very long."
Sounds like Finland in a really tight package.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

There's a double-whammy for you, Susan. You live in Canada, which is a frigid inhospitable wasteland barely capable of supporting life. Also, you're raised in a place that wants to be French but never will be, so you bear the curse of your ancestors.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

I'm visiting PL these days.
When I arrived it was about -20 during day (and very sunny) dropping lower during the night. Now for a few days it's been aroun 1 degree and snowing. It's supposed to go back to freezing after the weekend. From this perspective southern England where people panic about -5 and 2 inches of snow, crashing their cars skidding in non-winter tyres seems unreal.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Kashluk wrote:
Pawns4Mons wrote:"Calgary is a city of extremes, and temperatures have ranged anywhere from a record low of &#8722;45 °C (&#8722;49 °F) in 1893 to a record high of 36 °C (97 °F) in 1919. Temperatures fall below &#8722;30 °C (&#8722;22.0 °F) on about five days per year, though extreme cold spells usually do not last very long."
It's pretty much the same in Montreal D:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montreal#Climate

Though with wind, during winter, it sometimes feel like -45, and with humidity in summer, +45.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Winter should be hanged by its nuts.
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Cimmerian Nights »

I can deal with the cold, but what kills me is that chicks stop wearing skimpy shit and shaving legs and otherwise looking hot.

Time to move to Miama'.
You can't argue with a good blow job -George Carlin
Pawns4Mons
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Pawns4Mons »

S4ur0n27 wrote:
Kashluk wrote:
It's pretty much the same in Montreal D:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montreal#Climate

Though with wind, during winter, it sometimes feel like -45, and with humidity in summer, +45.
I'm sorry for you.. Gahh I hate the winter weather. Atleast someone knows what it's really like in hell :drunk:
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

It was finally warming up here, but then the weather took a dive again. It's just cold, dry, and miserable with unrelenting winds. The wind is probably the worst part, coupled with the shoddy worksmanship of all Egyptian buildings. Gaps around doors and windows means the dust gets blown right in and covers everything.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Cthulhugoat
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Cthulhugoat »

35ºC here!

Sure feels like 44, though!

I can't even fucking sleep because of the heat!
Our Host!