Online gaming

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Manoil wrote:Redeye, weren't you playing Fallout Online some time ago? Something in the range of lolling about while throwing dynamite at people?
Griefing is what Fonline is all about.

"Roleplayers" are keeping Fonline alive, and it's really gay.
But they're needed until the content gets put in and lots of normal players start showing up.

Also, if it weren't for the RPers, there would be almost no one to grief.
And it's fun!

"i saw one guy suicide bomb 4 times in ncr today, he didnt have anyone with him, he was just doing it for kicks. laughing at everyone that got their hard earned hours of work loot deleted by the guards when freindly people nearby would most assuredly given back the gear that was dropped."

Thread about suicide bombing

These guys were just asking to get bombed, repeatedly

cheers!

:drunk:
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Ahahaha Hellgate : London is coming back, apparently.

Wankers. :drunk:
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Hellgate: London was probably the biggest waste of money on a game I've ever spent.

Okay, that was a lie, but it was still pretty bad.
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

I have played tons of mmorpgs and i really dont get why people like wow. I dont even see it as a real mmorpg, fucking runescape has more interactive world than wow.

If you want a real good mmorpg than try Ultima Online. Thats first mmorpg that started it all and all other mmorpgs are lame imitations of Ultima Online.

What sucks with wow and similar mmorpgs today is that every character that is played is same. Its about reaching levels by killing millions of monsters. There is no big differens in playing a mage or warrior. And worst part -crafting is completly pointless.

While Ultima Online has over 70 skills that you can max out to 120 skillpoints. And max a character can have is 700 skill points. That leaves with endless amount of combos of characters. You can be all from mage, warior to miner, tamer, tresurehunter. That means if you play a miner for example you dont have any combat skills. Your gameplay consists of mining and crafting weapons and selling them to warrior players.

Not to mention that uo has way many more features than most mmorpgs today have. Just things like building your own house or castle sims stile and opening a shop in your house.
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

what about fishing?

Srsly tho possibilities in UO do sound way better than your average mmo.
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

Yes there is a skill called fishing in uo wich you can use on all shores for fishing, and you can buy a boat and sail around the world and fish. Sometimes you fish up ruble containing some rare stuff like tresure maps than you got to find a player that has a skill called cartography so he can make the map readable.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Haris wrote:Yes there is a skill called fishing in uo wich you can use on all shores for fishing, and you can buy a boat and sail around the world and fish. Sometimes you fish up ruble containing some rare stuff like tresure maps than you got to find a player that has a skill called cartography so he can make the map readable.
Are there sea monsters?

Is Ambrosia reachable?

In the sky, are there cloud castles?
ekkaman
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by ekkaman »

hey jimmypneumatic dont remember them paying monthly for the privlage or supporting some guys teenie habit
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

Anyone ever play CoH? That was fun for a while, Guild Wars too.
SenisterDenister

Company of Heroes?
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Presumably City of Heroes.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

Yeah City of Heroes. Quit playing it, it became to empty, real gem in its heyday.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Haris wrote:I have played tons of mmorpgs and i really dont get why people like wow. I dont even see it as a real mmorpg, fucking runescape has more interactive world than wow.

If you want a real good mmorpg than try Ultima Online. Thats first mmorpg that started it all and all other mmorpgs are lame imitations of Ultima Online.

What sucks with wow and similar mmorpgs today is that every character that is played is same. Its about reaching levels by killing millions of monsters. There is no big differens in playing a mage or warrior. And worst part -crafting is completly pointless.

While Ultima Online has over 70 skills that you can max out to 120 skillpoints. And max a character can have is 700 skill points. That leaves with endless amount of combos of characters. You can be all from mage, warior to miner, tamer, tresurehunter. That means if you play a miner for example you dont have any combat skills. Your gameplay consists of mining and crafting weapons and selling them to warrior players.

Not to mention that uo has way many more features than most mmorpgs today have. Just things like building your own house or castle sims stile and opening a shop in your house.
Sounds like FE has taken a lot from this. It is also a very craft-happy game.
sydneyroo
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by sydneyroo »

The only MMO I ever played was Ultima and Star Wars Galaxies both of which are not what they used to be. But I still like to hang out with old vets in SWG and remember the good times before NGE.
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

Redeye wrote:
Haris wrote:Yes there is a skill called fishing in uo wich you can use on all shores for fishing, and you can buy a boat and sail around the world and fish. Sometimes you fish up ruble containing some rare stuff like tresure maps than you got to find a player that has a skill called cartography so he can make the map readable.
Are there sea monsters?

Is Ambrosia reachable?

In the sky, are there cloud castles?
Yes there are actually sea monsters, and there is no sky, its issometric game like fallout. It was released in 98 or 99 dont remember now.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

actually sailing around the world fishing seems like a pretty neat way to pass the time - if the world was fully realized (like buildings being built while you were gone and such) it would be cool to be gone from the land/city areas for 2 or 3 months, come back full of fish lewt, and see all the new stuff that was there.

Unfortunately, I doubt it'll happen with any of the current MMOs...
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Stainless wrote:
jetbaby wrote:How long have you been in Eve, Stainless? I just started a few weeks back.
Just under 2 years now. Has it's ups and downs where I cbfed playing it, but train skills the in the background.

Yes, it got dumbed down in regards to character creation; not being able to chose your stats and see what skills you started with were terrible ideas.

my IGN is BlackHelmetMan, give me a yell I'll send some cash your way, etc.
You're never online :?
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

I've been busy the last month. Harvest season and I was working in a wheat lab till Friday where I quit in a firey ball of rage. I'm travelling at the moment, and running out of clean underwear.
SenisterDenister

HIS NAME IS STAINLESS wrote: and running out of clean underwear.
My irony-o-meter is picking up something, captain
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

to put it into perspective, I basically jumped in the car with the clothes I was wearing and whatever clothes I had sitting in the car. Underwear amounted to what I was wearing and that was 3 days ago (I've been swimming in the ocean and getting shit faced :drunk: since) and couldn't actually afford to buy any new underwear because the banks are shut and I have no cash (thus swimming in the ocean is awesome because it's FREE).

Never fear though, as I bought some new boxers today along with some socks. I am starting to recycle my old shirts since today though. pants in reuse tomorrow. :joy:
Our Host!