Interplay Files 8K - Claims Victory In Court

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Interplay Files 8K - Claims Victory In Court

Post by King of Creation »

<strong>[ Company -> Update ]</strong> - More info on <a href="http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Bethesda v. Interplay">Company: Bethesda v. Interplay</a>

<p>Interplay has finally come out and officially admitted that they defeated Bethesda in the court case. DAC had <a href="../../forums/viewtopic.php?t=23489">reported on this</a> a few days ago, but neither of the companies commented until today. IPLY <a href="http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/ ... txt">filed an 8K form with the SEC</a> yesterday, making a short statement about the court case. They also indicate that they are still aiming for more:</p>
<blockquote>
<p><em>On December 10, 2009, the Hon. Deborah K. Chasanow, Judge of the United States District Court for the District of Maryland denied a Motion for Preliminary Injunction filed by Bethesda Softworks LLC ("Bethesda") against Interplay seeking to stop Interplay from selling FALLOUT(R), FALLOUT(R) 2, FALLOUT(R) Tactics, and FALLOUT(R) Brotherhood of Steel and to prevent Interplay from creating a FALLOUT(R)-branded massively-multiplayer online game prior to a trial and final determination on the merits. Interplay will continue to defend its rights and pursue its Counter-Claims against Bethesda, including its claims for Breach of Contract, Tortious Interference with Prospective Economic Advantage, Rescission, Accounting and Declaratory Relief seeking an award of damages and other relief.</em></p>
</blockquote>
<p>It's probably going to be a long wait until there's anything resembling an end to this fight. Stay tuned to DAC for continuing updates!</p>
Dr.Xen
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Dr.Xen »

The whole case has long way to go....
Hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, gurdy he sang.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

And NMA sources everything to Ausir because they'll be damned if they give you, and us by extension, any credit.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

NMA steals our news all the time, last time I brought it up Kharn almost cried.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

I found NMA before I found you guys back in 2005, I lurked there for a while, then I found you guys late '06 and the rest is history. I'm glad it turned out that way. NMA is sycophantic groupthink.
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

senisterdenister wrote:And NMA sources everything to Ausir because they'll be damned if they give you, and us by extension, any credit.
:?
When posting this newsbit, NMA wrote:Thanks Ausir and King of Creation.
I know you're all a bunch of cockgobbling morons over here, but I would assume basic reading ability was still a requisite.

Interplay's SEC filings are in my newsfeed, tho'. Just sayin', it's hardly breaking news :crazy:
POOPERSCOOPER wrote:NMA steals our news all the time, last time I brought it up Kharn almost cried.
*shrugs* Not really, I don't read DaC, so I only see news from here when KoC tips me, which he does, and I thank him for that.

You guys and Ausir are ahead on this stuff because none of the NMA staff seems to feel like researching it, and we don't get the court docs, probably because we made fun of the Interplay stockholders. Once again, DaC cockgobbling pays off :chew: Good thing you guys could practice annalingus on Pete Hines so long, you got good at it :lalala:
Ozrat wrote:I haven't been so oppressed since prom in 9th grade.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Beware, KoC has some powerful friends in tweeter you don't want to mess with. :chew:
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

Tweeting is the new fellatio. :chew:
Jim the Dinosaur
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Jim the Dinosaur »

good to see kharn still acts like a little bitch whenever pooper calls him out on his shit
Like petals
Falling from a dying rose
So does my tears

-Smiley
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

Jim the Dinosaur wrote:good to see pooper is still a little bitch
Too true. Duck and Cover? More like Fairytale Magic Land of Butthurt Princesses, amirite?

[size=0](anyone who actually thinks any of this, including Pooper's posts, is serious is a fucking retard, by the way)[/size]
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Brother None wrote:I don't read DaC
This shows you lack quality of character. Also, what the fuck? There's an achievement system for posting on NMA now? What are you guys, retarded? How do you see the keyboard to type with your cocks in each others mouths all the time?

You just pay enough attention to know when your inferiority is pointed out, right? And of course NMA doesn't have access to the same information as DAC, because NMA is a mass-market, ego-driven clusterfuck who appeals to people who think they are sophisticated when they are not.

In short, NMA is to DAC what Fallout 3 is to Fallout 1. Go shove a broken bottle in your ass and sit on it.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

dont people like manga or something on nma, whats all that about.

oh yeah and good job koc trying to make this place more accessible and cool like nma is, thats really working out swell. lol
Jim the Dinosaur
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Jim the Dinosaur »

kharn's just jealous that nma hasn't had a high profile exclusive for like what's it been 500 years or something so he has to steal them from dac, if I was koc I'd just watermark the whole site just to make sure
Like petals
Falling from a dying rose
So does my tears

-Smiley
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

Retlaw83 wrote:And of course NMA doesn't have access to the same information as DAC, because NMA is a mass-market, ego-driven clusterfuck who appeals to people who think they are sophisticated when they are not.

In short, NMA is to DAC what Fallout 3 is to Fallout 1. Go shove a broken bottle in your ass and sit on it.
Oh God.

OH GOD.

How could I be so blind?!

HOW COULD I NOT SEE THIS TRUISM?!

Please allow me to delete NMA and merge all its content into DaC's system. Or better yet delete it, make the frontpage refer to DaC and forget it ever existed, for verily it is but a shadow of ritualized performative acts to DaC's engendering constative acts!

OH WOE IS ME!!!!!
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Kharn I know you lurk in the shadows with your big buck teeth sticking out your mouth waiting for the right moment to pop out and steal our shit and say that you never read the forums.

The matter of the fact is that you never cite DAC you only site our original source which means you are guilty of plagiarism according to MLA and the APA association of internet posting news and stuff.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
susan's twin
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by susan's twin »

Everything NMA posts as news has been already been thoroughly analyzed by the highly esteemed gaming journalist Pooperscooper on DAC's front page :dribble:
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Brother None wrote:OH WOE IS ME!!!!!
You used the word constative wrong and while you were sarcastic, you failed to be funny. Of course, given that you are no stranger to failure, I'm not surprised.

In summary, you can suck my balls.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Brother None wrote:
Retlaw83 wrote:And of course NMA doesn't have access to the same information as DAC, because NMA is a mass-market, ego-driven clusterfuck who appeals to people who think they are sophisticated when they are not.

Oh God.

OH GOD.

How could I be so blind?!

HOW COULD I NOT SEE THIS TRUISM?!

Please allow me to delete NMA and merge all its content into DaC's system. Or better yet delete it, make the frontpage refer to DaC and forget it ever existed, for verily it is but a shadow of ritualized performative acts to DaC's engendering constative acts!

OH WOE IS ME!!!!!
3/10. Try again.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Retlaw83 wrote:
Brother None wrote:OH WOE IS ME!!!!!
You used the word constative wrong and while you were sarcastic, you failed to be funny. Of course, given that you are no stranger to failure, I'm not surprised.
No, that was just Kharn being original. There were no sarcastic rants to plagiarize.
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

Retlaw83 wrote:You used the word constative wrong.
Roofles. Why do you lie? Perhaps you need to read up on modern discourse analysis, starting with John Austin's authoritative work on performative and constative acts. OHLOLZ. PWNT!
Frater Perdurabo wrote:Try again.
You want me to try again, ergo you want me to post more, ergo you love me.

I knew it.

/mostpopularguyondacwtf
Our Host!