Television: The Colony

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Television: The Colony

Post by Dogmeatlives »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOKO19BMPKk

This show is pretty awesome. It's a reality show experiment type thing on Discovery channel that "takes place" in a post-apocalyptic world. There are a group of survivors who have to make the best of the resources available. They are attacked by raiders and shit, and its often hilarious to watch them freak out about shit. In the last episode the leaders traded all their fucking oranges to a trading party- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4PqExfE-tk

It's pretty badass and funny so watch it. :dance:
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

It seemed really hokey from what I saw on TV and has a lot of people that seem to be acting for the camera. It's kind of hard to do something realistically when they know that none of the thugs and gangs are going to kill them or anything. I also don't like that guy in the orange video since he always acts like he knows it all and then there is that old guy with the beard that I see in the commercials that just looks funny to me cause he moves like scared asperger or something.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Psychoul
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Psychoul »

Still looks hella cool. The only unrealistic element would have to be the violence of course, but everything else can be pretty close to real post disaster. For example building things to survive, or finghing food, or secruity management. Though they wouldnt get to test the security because of lack of a realistic threat of violence. To make is a great show, they would have to allow the violence, or at least some level of pain to keep the contestants on their feet.
Last edited by Psychoul on Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

People always want their 15 minutes of fame.
Cow Cud is a twin.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

They would be kidnapped or abducted or something to keep them alert, I mean, if they properly defended themselves by the end of it everyone would still be there, if not; oh well.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Seriously you need to give it another chance. Your doubts will be out the window when you catch up with the last episode where the colony confronts a large black guy who tried to steal their food. They kick him in the face, punch him, jab him with a baseball bat and kick out his girlfriend.

Ok you have to watch the last episode. These two actors come into the colony and secretly start stealing their food. When the colony finds out, it gets quite physical. The one asian actress who is actually caught stealing the food is attacked by a female colonist- Punches and kicks are exchanged, hair is pulled! By the end the actress is no longer just acting, she is crying and screaming, her clothes are strtched and torn and she screams that she hopes they all rot in hell!

This show takes a bit of imagination for the viewer to really get into it, but it really is so entertaining. Just check out the episodes so far and i think you'll be hooked
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

That sounds pretty funny.
Cow Cud is a twin.
Our Host!