Suprise, Broken Steel is...well....broken.

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Suprise, Broken Steel is...well....broken.

Post by Wolfman Walt »

<strong>[ Game -> Article ]</strong> - More info on <a href="#Fallout 3">Game: Fallout 3</a> | More info on <a href="#Fallout: Broken Steel">Game: Fallout: Broken Steel</a>

Or at least on the PC. Apperently a number of people who try to install the newest downloadable content receive the error message of:

"Not a cryptographic message or the cryptographic message is not formatted correctly. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8009200D)"

Bethesda are currently looking into ways to fix the mess they've unleashed, which makes me curious: Don't these people ever test their DLC before releasing it? All three DLCs, as well as the game itself, have just been marred with technical problems and in some cases with the game itself, have never been truely fixed. Who handles their quality assurance?

In other news, Stevie Wonder alerted his doctor as he saw this one coming.

More to be read on the newest problems <a title="here" href="http://kotaku.com/5240567/surprise-fall ... -is-broken" target="_self">here</a>.<p>Spotted @ <a href="http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/death/vide ... aku</a></p>
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I'm guessing they have the newbies or part timers making the DLC in accordance with Todd's grand scheme of butt.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

ok, at this point if fuckers are dumb enough to get this as soon as it comes out... i mean are you fuckin kidding me?
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Last time it was the 360, this time it's PC.

I think they're just alternating the platforms on which they fuck up.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

The whole thing is a gigantic fuck up. Couldn't get past megaton D:
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Apparently, they're blaming this on Windows Live not installing the files right.

Just like they blamed Xbox Live for corrupting the files of The Pitt.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't heard any stories of Microsoft's system mucking up any other company's DLC content.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

lolol I can;t wait for the mystery nexth DLC - more cockgnobbling mayhem please! :pelvic_thrust:
I miss the good ol' USSA.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Retlaw83 wrote:Apparently, they're blaming this on Windows Live not installing the files right.

Just like they blamed Xbox Live for corrupting the files of The Pitt.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't heard any stories of Microsoft's system mucking up any other company's DLC content.
Bethesda tends not to admit that they do anything wrong unless that thing goes both ways. When they were asked what they would do different for FO3 they said they would make it so you could keep playing after the end because some many people complained. That is just admitting that "heh a lot of people love our game and don't want to stop" and is a pretty lame thing to list as your only fault.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

:insert long laugh here:

:insert witty remark about Bethesda being retarded/stupid/ghey/poor developers:

:repeat ad infinitum for lulz:

---Pretty much everything Bethesda does can be responded to by using the above format.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Like I said, Walt, Beth seems to have made budget cutbacks that involved firing any and all Beta testers on payroll. What they love most is their originality: they're letting people enjoy the first edition releases! How scandalously promotional!

Saw a good deal in the Fry's add this weekend, though-- a new computer with a Radeon 9800, 6 gigs memory and 680 gig hard drive capacity for about $650, $550 after rebate. If I can scrimp together the remainder of the cash I need, I'll definitely consider it.
In the meantime, Caz, you should either let me borrow a game or two considering you didn't show for my birthday drunkery, or at least let me play Hominid on your 360 so I can get him for CC. I'm getting sick of people who've glitched the game to get him, and I have no intention of spending ten bucks to play a game I'll never complete.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

yeah i got it on sale for 400 points so I didn't feel so bad - I'm def up to hanging out whenever. I move to Tucson in mid-July so we need to get together before then. I'm out of work on weekdays at 3, ends at 4, and out of town from Tues PM to Thur PM.

Lemme know :drunk:
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

Wow! Good job Bethesda. :thumbsup:
Cow Cud is a twin.
Our Host!