Pooperscoopers Month of May

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

This week we will have Wolverine, next week we will have Star Trek, the week after that we will have Angels & Demons, and then after that we will have Terminator 4.

Do you guys want me to make a new thread for each or try to keep them in one thread? I'm gonna see them all because I know how much you guys rely on my reviews to decide what movie to see.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

One thread, but do it like STAR TREK REVIEW so it's easier to find the review we want to read. Otherwise the thread'll get too messy.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Second.
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

Report back on whether or not Reynolds makes a good Deadpool and/or if they fucked up his character by not making him a smartass. I'm also curious if his face gets fucked up in the movie or if he'll just be skipping around with a mask off because showcasing their pretty boy is more marketable.
my vocabulary skills is above you.
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

:aiee: Pooperscooper month :aiee:
Jim the Dinosaur
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Jim the Dinosaur »

just put them on the front page or something

edit: and in news cuz i don't read the front page or maybe that's automatic?
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

i watched crank 2 the other day but i cant remember most of it because i was drunk. shapes, colours, shouting. not that great IMHO that is
:chew:
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Aonaran wrote:Report back on whether or not Reynolds makes a good Deadpool and/or if they fucked up his character by not making him a smartass. I'm also curious if his face gets fucked up in the movie or if he'll just be skipping around with a mask off because showcasing their pretty boy is more marketable.
They completely fuck over his character in the movie. He starts out great and Reynolds does a pretty good job of being a smartass, but then they completely change his character. Instead of developing cancer, Stryker experiments on him so he has ALL the superpowers from the Weapon X Members + Cyclops + Who the fuck ever else. The side affect is that he can't talk anymore and his mouth is sealed shut. Also - Fighting with Wolverine claws.

He never wears the Deadpool outfit.

The movie starts out good and as it progresses becomes more and more shit. The continuity for X-Men is a big fucking mess, movie wise.
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

Let me get this straight, they made "the merc with a mouth" a mute?
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Aonaran wrote:Let me get this straight, they made "the merc with a mouth" a mute?
= Failed aspirations. Fuck.

Stan Lee is gonna be in town for a Comic Shop opening out by Chandler soon, should I go and scrotumpunch him?
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

First give him the chance to absolve himself by asking him how he felt about the portrayal. I mean, he IS Stab Lee. But yeah, if he answers wrong split his pouch.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Too bad he won't care, Deadpool was created by Fabian Nicieza. Stan Lee had very little to do with him.
baby arm
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by baby arm »

Bullshit. May belongs to me. My birthday is May 1st.
skin loves <a href="http://www.tacticularcancer.com">godless children</a>
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

X-MEN: ORIGINS REVENGE OF WOLVERINE MCGEE

So I saw it tonight and I liked the premise to it with the elite squad then it kind of gets dull after that and they kind of fail my envision of it. Either way I thought it was perhaps better than X-men 3 and as you guessed it follows the origin and story of wolverine. There are lots of appearances from fan favorites I guess so if your a fan I bet you will be like "ya his name is gambit" and stuff like that. I heard a lot about Deadpool from the comics but he just kind of looks retarded in the movie.

If you were any fan of the xmen movies or comics then you will probably enjoy this movie.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Just from the previews you can tell it's gonna suck D:
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Yeah. Wade was done horribly... Ryan Reynolds was definitely the right guy for the role, and his lines early in the movie were satisfying, but cutting him out for most of the movie, and then sowing his mouth shut, along with giving him a bunch of random bullshit AND FUCKING LAZEREYES was just... utterly retarded. Cool CGI fight scene, but looking beyond the visuals, it was just... ridiculously stupid.

They also covered nothing about Logan being trained as a Samurai, and I also think they completely bullshitted Sabretooth's role in things. On top of that, no blonde Triple H (he could be dead, but I'm not sure about that), and in his place, the big brother Jew from Defiance.

Deadpool though... just... incredibly disappointing. His final appearance looked more like Barraka from Mortal Kombat than Deadpool. All of that... and they never really made it clear who the fuck Will I. Am was, other than the fact that he was a Teleporter. And not Nightcrawler.

FUCKING shenanigans
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, it to take Stan down.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Manoil wrote:and they never really made it clear who the fuck Will I. Am was
He was Wraith, a character from Weapon X who is now dead and forgotten in the comics.

What I was weirded out about was that they made Maverick asian. And changed his name to his current alias, Zero. And just fucked his character over as far as I know.

Still haven't seen the movie. Apperently after the credits (in some showings) Deadpool opens his mouth and shit meaning that they may have horse-shoed in a way out of Deadpool being gone incase they want to do that often rumored Deadpool movie.

One thing I will give the x-men series of movies - they've fucked up the plots so bad that I don't have to worry about them fucking up my favorite mutant, Cable....then again, as it stands, the plots make absolutely NO SENSE, so....they'll probably still do it and people will probably still see it.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Considering Cyclops has been vaporized, and Dark Phoenix, impaled, the only way for Scott Summers to impregnate Jean Grey is if his ashes float into her corpse-womb. Even then, it's sketchy at best.

You're right about the end, though-- the severed head whispers to the cam, his lips apparently torn open now. So Deadpool, though destroyed in the manner that was apparently the method of killing Wolverine and Sabertooth, is still alive. At least this career has a hope of continuing for Ryan Reynolds; he sure as fuck won't be in a Blade movie again.

The Deadpool flick could be cute to see, just as Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk were. On the other hand... that's steep odds, considering all the marvel movies that failed horribly.

Ghost Rider.
I rest my case.
Our Host!