DAC is good to go

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Dicksmoker
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Dicksmoker »

Manoil wrote:What the hell happened to DaC being littered with crude-but-intelligent, humorous, or at least witty banter?
That's the Codex.
baby arm
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by baby arm »

Not really. Both places have always been shitholes, but the Codex has slightly nicer wallpaper. Not as many mystery stains.
skin loves <a href="http://www.tacticularcancer.com">godless children</a>
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Manoil wrote: DaC was, is, and always has the makings of something epic, not only in Fallout but in internet culture itself. There is something... powerful, and dark, and cynical, and crude, and hilarious, and unifying about this place.
:hug:
metalcraze
SDF!
SDF!

Post by metalcraze »

Hey nice to see you are enjoying your new member as much as we did
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Dicksmoker wrote:
Manoil wrote:What the hell happened to DaC being littered with crude-but-intelligent, humorous, or at least witty banter?
That's the Codex.
The same Codex that displayed the insides of their psyche by smearing it all over this very site?

Feck off with that nonsense. What annoys me most is that DACK is still infected with two of their prime members, and that impurity has yet to be fixed.
Dicksmoker
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Dicksmoker »

Manoil wrote:
Dicksmoker wrote:
That's the Codex.
The same Codex that displayed the insides of their psyche by smearing it all over this very site?
And we all know that DACers have never done anything similar. And I'm not even referring to recent events.

There was some spamming, but most of that shit was all DU. And I agree that he went overboard. If you makes you feel any better, he fucks with us too, on occasion.

Anyway, Codex is better.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Dicksmoker wrote:
Manoil wrote:
Dicksmoker wrote: That's the Codex.
And we all know that DACers have never done anything similar. And I'm not even referring to recent events.

There was some spamming, but most of that shit was all DU. And I agree that he went overboard. If you makes you feel any better, he fucks with us too, on occasion.

Anyway, Codex is better.
It doesn't. He still breathes.

If Codex is really better, then get the fuck out and go there. Trying to poach here is only gonna earn you grief.
Dicksmoker
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Dicksmoker »

People on the Codex don't put their grammar errors in bold.
Jesus Christ
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jesus Christ »

Dicksmoker wrote:My daddy has a bigger dick than your daddy.
I doubt that very much...

But I forgive you. :hug:
I have returned! (again)
FIGHT ME!
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

Dicksmoker wrote:People on the Codex don't put their grammar errors in bold.
Real people on the Codex would be able to ascertain that Manoil's "It doesn't" comment is in reference to the part about making him "feel any better".

Only someone like zerotol would get that wrong. Finally it is all clear. Dicksmoker is zerotol. He is the one who damaged DAC.

Get him!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
baby arm
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by baby arm »

I was going to answer Danny in the other thread but cazsim locked it for some strange reason. So I'll answer here.
And the morale of the story is to let this all go because DU is trying to be funny?
Uh, no. The moral of this story is that it's a bit stupid to assume there's grand conspiracy and cover-up when the person in question is obviously joking. Like when Ernst Kaltenbrunner at the Nuremberg Trials said "Jews? Oh, those guys were already dead when we found them. Now about this fine quality soap I'm selling..."
Perhaps I'm just overly-protective of the site but I still find no tolerance or excuse for the transgressions that have happened in the recent times.
Keep in mind that there are a number of regular members at this site that would have loved to do what DU did if they were given a chance.

cazsim wrote:BANNED.
Who, Danny? Are you sure you want that to be one of your first acts as admin, cazsim?
Jesus Christ
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jesus Christ »

DarkUnderlord wrote:Get him!
Judge not lest ye be...
Dicksmoker wrote:skyway just gave the...uhm..."official" version. For the unofficial keep reading...

"many hurtfull words".
Never mind.

...edit...
baby legs wrote that Cazsim wrote:band!
Perhaps as his first act he intends to start one. :)
I have returned! (again)
FIGHT ME!
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

I banned zerotol, as well as a number of Codex new users. I've left a list in dah sekrit forum - you can post a rebuttal there if you disagree with anything.
baby arm
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by baby arm »

Ah, my mistake. I thought you had meant Danny.
Jesus Christ
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jesus Christ »

Yah but... Are you still gonna start a band?
I have returned! (again)
FIGHT ME!
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

baby arm wrote:
And the morale of the story is to let this all go because DU is trying to be funny?
Uh, no. The moral of this story is that it's a bit stupid to assume there's grand conspiracy and cover-up when the person in question is obviously joking. Like when Ernst Kaltenbrunner at the Nuremberg Trials said "Jews? Oh, those guys were already dead when we found them. Now about this fine quality soap I'm selling..."
It takes more than passing a speech skill challenge to make me just be cool with the whole idea that because he can laugh at it all and hit the jukebox to turn it on, DU is free of suspicion.
baby arm wrote:
Perhaps I'm just overly-protective of the site but I still find no tolerance or excuse for the transgressions that have happened in the recent times.
Keep in mind that there are a number of regular members at this site that would have loved to do what DU did if they were given a chance.
That's just it though; they didn't. Just as a guy who might want to rob a store but can't because he doesn't have a gun isn't penalized for thinking about it, nobody here had the opportunity, therefore are not to blame in this situation.

I mean, fuck-- why am I the only person who gives a shit about this?
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Andhaira wrote:I come to the Codex to feel better
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

There was no attack. It was merely a false flag op orchestrated by DU and the Zionists.
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

Manoil wrote:DU, I FUCKING LOATHE YOU. YOUR VERY EXISTENCE IS A PUTRID SESSPOOL OF CANCEROUS PUSS ON DACK. FOR GOD'S SAKE, DIE IN A FUCKING NITROUS FIRE, YOU TRAITOROUS PIECE OF SHIT.
So stop planning to spam my forums. There's an 8 page thread sitting in the Garbage forum full of what you guys were planning. As far as I was concerned, the RPGCodex was about to be spammed up to buggery. It'd be funny spam with topics like "LZ1 Established" but it'd be spam we'd have to clean up none the less. I dealt with St. Toxics first wave easily but the second wave lead me to retaliate.

You even posted in that thread:
Manoil wrote:
St. Toxic wrote:I like your eagerness Susan, but this must be a united effort. Tomorrow I'll upload some strategical documents and plans of invasion that I've been working on, and we'll get organized. Stay tuned. salute
Aye, sir.
Remember? So we've got a newposter and moderator (pretty much the only people in charge at DAC with KoC away) planning on spamming up some forums, which you plan on taking part in and now you're acting like a whiney little butthurt bitch because I did the same back? The only reason the Codex wasn't spammed up more was because I was online to disable posting by all new accounts (like a good active administrator would do).

You might remember about two years ago when these same people got admin control of the Codex, enabled a word filter that fucked the forums up, demoted all the admins then proceeded deleting threads and user accounts and tried to gain access to the news system. They even tried to blame it all on someone else by saying he did it and even using a word filter so he took the blame. Some people even believed he was responsible.

Gosh. Does any of that sound familiar?

It fucked the Codex up for two days and left us with about six weeks of BS to deal with afterwards. A full database rollback was necesarry to clean it all up. What happend at DAC was a word filter (precisely two of them, one on *e* and the other on *a* - which none of your admins gave two shits about removing) and editing of viewtopic.php to change all avatars to the Codex Devil, with a flying cock added for extra lulz. Later that turned into hiding all the forums and making two new forums, then simply disabling the front page code by renaming index.php and replacing it with some simple news system code... because your newsposter and primary staff member was using DAC's news system to promote further attacks and refused to give in to our lulzy terms of surrender (which included one simple demand - that someone over here take some responsibility and make a news post saying DAC surrenders and to call off further attacks).

It took me two minutes to clean it up and revert the forums to normal. Some Codexians even decided to spam DAC back. If I'd done what POOPER and Co did to the Codex the first time around you would be fucked. You know why?

Guess who's still responsible for backing up the database over here because no-one else knows how to do it? Guess who gets called in when some piece of code stops working?

Now I don't mind doing any of that. It's mostly simply enough for me to do but when a site I do care about gets attacked by members of a site where no-one seems to give a shit, don't expect me to play nice. What I did was appropriately lulzy and I thought very fitting to DAC and it was all cleaned up easily with no long term damage done. So don't give me this BS that you're all butthurt about it now when you didn't even bat an eyelid at doing the same to the Codex.

Also, that should be "cesspool" with a 'c'.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

And if you also saw beyond that, I didn't take part in the spamming -- beyond saying that one word -- because I was fairly apathetic to internet raids. That was also among one of my replies on the boards you deleted from here.

I also wasn't present among DACK's populus two years ago because I was still aggravated about the apparent insult of my opening week. Either that, or I was taking one of many leaps of absence. I forget.

So what-- this is all payback for a previous DACK-orchestrated sabotage? If things were truly that simple then yes, I was overreacting, and yes... I did fucking misspell cesspool (maybe I need a Mac), but seriously; if Dicksmoker was accurate in what he said, and you're finally not just treating this as a big joke... then you did manipulate Zerotol into provoking DAC, starting the war, and giving you legitimate cause to retaliate... all in the name of settling an old score?
For lulz?
Or because you knew you wanted Zerotol out of the picture and could use him to get payback still waiting to happen?

Wow... all this is just... seriously ridiculous. I need to get some fucking sleep, but... just... ugh.
Our Host!