Gametrailers.com tactlessly unveils "The Pitt"

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Gametrailers.com tactlessly unveils "The Pitt"

Post by Aonaran »

<strong>[ Game -> Preview ]</strong> - More info on <a href="#Alpha Protocol">Game: Alpha Protocol</a> | More info on <a href="#Fallout 3: The Pitt">Game: Fallout 3: The Pitt</a>

<p>At 1:00 am EST <a target="_self" href="http://www.gametrailers.com">Gametrailers.com</a>, in association with <strong>Spike TV</strong>, debuted
an exclusive gameplay trailer for <strong>Bethesda Softworks</strong>' upcoming <em>Fallout
3</em> downloadable content package: <em>The Pitt</em>. The segment aired at the
tail end of another exclusive, an extended feature on <strong>Obsidian
Entertainment</strong>'s latest project: <em>Alpha Protocol</em>. Primarily serving as a showcase for gameplay footage, the feature was also comprised of several interviews with key figures in the the development of
the title, including <strong>Feargus Urquhart</strong> of <em>Fallout 2</em> fame. Other notable
figures involved in the production of the <strong>Obsidian</strong> title are <strong>Chris Avellone</strong> and <strong>Chris
Jones</strong>, also of <em>Fallout</em> fame. </p><p>The pairing of these two projects in one special could be considered
odd, especially when you take into account that <strong>Urquart</strong>, <strong>Avellone</strong> and <strong>Jones</strong> all worked on <strong>Black
Isle</strong><strong>'s </strong><em>Fallout 3</em> project up until the studio's collapse in 2003.</p><p>The exclusive trailer for <em>The Pitt</em> can be found<em><em><em><em><strong><strong> </strong></strong></em></em></em></em><a href="http://www.gametrailers.com/game/4758.html">here</a>. </p><p>The entire segment, as it aired on <strong>Spike TV</strong>, can be seen <a href="http://www.gametrailers.com/gametrailer ... /a>.</p><p> </p><p><em><em><em> </em></em></em></p><p>Spotted @ <a href="http://www.spike.com/">Spike TV</a></p>
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

So in other words, gametrailers.com rubbed the loss of Fallout 3, as well as their jobs, in the faces of the Obsidian team by shanghaiing their exclusive with a Bethesda advertisement. Kind of low down if you ask me.
my vocabulary skills is above you.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

fuckin
Last edited by Manoil on Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

At least the auto-axe is presented in it as a sort of tool. But still, why not just a chainsaw? Getting rotary axeheads to line up for a straight cut would be a bitch.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Because :dark humour: translates to :zany weapons: in Bethland.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I doubt game trailers even knew that Obsidian had worked on a version of FO3. It's not something a normal game journalist would know about.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Aonaran it's the videogame industry we're talking about. Tactless is its middle name.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

I don't deny but, but still. To quote Nathan Explosion: "That's my bread and butter you're fucking with."
my vocabulary skills is above you.
Our Host!