Left 4 Dead

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

entertainer wrote:
VasikkA wrote::paper:
+coffee
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

AMAZAZING.
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

you've probably already seen this but here:
http://golden-silver.deviantart.com/art ... -105202937
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

:sttoxic:
confound
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by confound »

I played through all the Left 4 Dead levels this weekend on single player and after I finished all of them I didn't really feel like playing multiplayer. It just seems a little repetitive for me to really spend a lot of time on it.

The first three scenarios were really fun but by the fourth it lost its creepy appeal.

Good game overall though. :chainsaw: Zombies!
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I don't understand why you would want to play it single palyer. The main purpose of the game was to do it co op and anything other will suck. I'm getting pretty bored with the game now because there is no new levels and versus is only 2, they will ad the other 2 maps in the spring. I don't know why Vavle gets so much credit for supporting their games, they release stuff at a snails pace and its always too little too late.

Team Fortress 2 is an example.The fans are actually taking notice now anyways. I'm pretty advanced in my thinking so I predicted it already.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

They might be understaffed. We could try applying for work there.

Either that, or they keep noticing problems and work to fix them before the release. Either way, at least they're putting effort into their work, rather than just letting all of the gaming world enjoy Megaton with ants spawning halfway through surfaces.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Extra content for free, so it doesn't overly bug me that much. 3rd party maps are also "free content" but frankly, people are shit map designers usually so I'd rather get a more refined product if I have to wait a little bit longer for it.

At the very least, patches/bugs are sorted a fuckload quicker then alot of other development houses.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

I bought it as well during the half price weekend, so someone add me to friends or invite or some shit.
unnamed
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

Been trying to play it through on expert these last few weekends. so far we only managed the first campaign.
We took the airport one as the second, and got stuck on the second level... smokers are always the problem, they split up the group and get us killed in no time.

And also, I've caused a few deaths.. snipers rifle + people running in front of me = D-E-D, DEAD!

Tanks are a bit too hard on expert. Basicly you set them on fire and run, and then fight your way back to the same point, hoping you don't get picked off by smokers underway.
But there's nothing else you can do, you can't headshot it, I've unloaded 3 clips of sniper rounds into its face, and nothing happens. It kinda just pisses you off, rather than pose a challenge.

edit;

Oh yes, on that same level I mentioned I killed a tank by myself, by using the fire method, and all 3 of my mates were dead. I managed to pick off 2 hunters 1 smoker and 2 boomers on the way back, and was about 3 meters from the door to release my friends, when a smoker hit me.
I was pissed the rest of the evening.
Testicular Pugilist
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

I'm pretty uber. You should give me a call, I could probably drag all your collective asses to the finish-line. B)
Our Host!