recommend a good TV series

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

...I guess I have to watch Twin Peaks then.
Testicular Pugilist
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Twin Peaks sucks :chainsaw:
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

I'm actually partial to Nip/Tuck myself.
It's not exactly HBO status, but it's got sex, violence, surgery, and Julian McMahon being a complete badass. His role as Dr. Doom didn't work out right because he was still being in N/T character.
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

Nip/Tuck does kick ass so does Damages good shit.
Cow Cud is a twin.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

I used to enjoy Nip/Tuck alot. Actually one of the only cables series I ever followed religiously. It's gotten a bit too deranged/depraved for my taste though.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

Dogmeatlives wrote:I used to enjoy Nip/Tuck alot. Actually one of the only cables series I ever followed religiously. It's gotten a bit too deranged/depraved for my taste though.
Like the over sentimental Siamese Twin separation interspliced with the MMW three-way between the two doctors and some whore? Yeah, that was the first and last episode I ever saw of that show.
my vocabulary skills is above you.
Tingel Tangel
Fascist Bitch
Fascist Bitch

Post by Tingel Tangel »

I haven't even read what other people said, so I'll just shoot:

Dead Like Me
Dexter (even season 3 is pretty alright)
Battlestar Galactica
Firefly is pretty good. I loved it, to be honest.
Terminator - the Sarah Connor Chronicles were pretty alright as well, but that's because I like Summer Glau as an emotionless, yet confused, robot.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

Tingel Tangel wrote:I haven't even read what other people said, so I'll just shoot:
Yet another thing I do love about DaC - had this been said at NMA, that fa...um...flower Woot or one of their other fagg...um...flower moderators would have put it in their Wasteland section or whatever the fuck it was called where they lock it as a reminder of you doing something (OMG SO DUM HAR HAR JEEZ YOU SUX FAGETS) wrong or lazy or whatever they deem to be worthy of putting in there.

Woot is a swell guy, basically. Or whatever his swell guy name is. (no offense you guys who are cool swell guy, he's a swell guy in a bad way, this of course, you understand and agree with, amirite?)
confound
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by confound »

I'm surprised nobody brought up the fact that you've apparently been too busy to watch a TV series since the early 90s. :?

The new Battle Star
Madmen
Six Feet Under
True Blood

Also, I'd like to say that the writing in Dexter's 3rd season is pretty shitty or at least not disguised by the momentum of the plot. Maybe it gets better later.
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

Pretty alright? Pretty shitty? What the fuck are you people talking about? The third season of Dexter is fucking brilliant, certainty better than the second. Slow to start, but fucking inspired once the storyline comes around and you realize what they are doing with it.
my vocabulary skills is above you.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Tingel Tangel wrote:...
Dead Like Me
Dexter (even season 3 is pretty alright)
Battlestar Galactica
Firefly is pretty good. I loved it, to be honest.
Terminator - the Sarah Connor Chronicles were pretty alright as well, but that's because I like Summer Glau as an emotionless, yet confused, robot.
Seconded

Sarah Connor Chronicles were a bit campy.
I knew it would be a kung fu terminator when I saw Summer Glau.
I just hope the pinoccio thing gets dropped.

Also: Jeremiah

olde:
MacGuyver, old Mission Impossible, old SWAT.
confound
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by confound »

Terminator Chronicles is really bad unless you enjoy plot elements applied with a sledge hammer (supersledge since this is a Fallout board). Characters might as well walk around holding big signs outlining who they are and what their intentions are.

Terminator isn't as bad as Fringe though. I couldn't get past the second episode on that one.

I think the executives at Fox assume the audience is a pack of drooling retards and are trying to slow things down for their benefit. The best thing about these shows is reading the comments on Hulu.

Go on Hulu and watch Three Sheets! Not a series but a good drunken travel show. :drunk: :drunk:
niejadek5
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by niejadek5 »

Reaper is good :devil:
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Aonaran wrote:Pretty alright? Pretty shitty? What the fuck are you people talking about? The third season of Dexter is fucking brilliant, certainty better than the second. Slow to start, but fucking inspired once the storyline comes around and you realize what they are doing with it.
Same, I liked the third series alot more then the 2nd.
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

The best televison show of all time has to be Hogans Heros.

I Know Nothing!
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

oz
the prisoner
Edward_R_Murrow
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Edward_R_Murrow »

Gimp Mask wrote:the prisoner
This was going to be my recommendation.
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by johnnygothisgun »

battlestar galactica is the only thing on television that i watch, though the season thats running right now is somewhat disappointing. it should certainly pick up since the series finale is in three episodes, though. and the rest of the series is top notch
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

:salute:
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

I've been watching some Blackadder recently, gosh that shit never gets old, gotta love British comedy. Season 1 is some of the funniest stuff that I've seen for a long time, Season 2 has thus far been a little subpar but good nevertheless.

As for Dexter - I watched Season 1 and Season 2 and enjoyed them quite a bit. I started watching Season 3 a while ago and I just realized that this series doesn't deliver it for me any more, it's the same kill, fuck, reflect formula all over. I know that you guys say that S3 is going to be the best one yet, but I'm not really hooked so I will leave it.

Nighty Night - absolutely hilarious pitch-black humour, very English. I've only watched S1 thus far, but I've watched many episodes all over. It's fucking hilarious. It's only 6 episodes and I think that everyone who can consider themselves an unpleasant person must see this series.
Our Host!