Old Games Revisited...

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Combine this other person with drugs and you've got a Game of the year D;
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

damn twitchgaming :gnasher:
Caleb
Strider
Strider

Post by Caleb »

I have the full soundtrack to neverhood as well as skull monkeys if you fags want me to rapidshit them. will need reminders.

Syndicate wars, sanitarium, and splatterhouse have wasted much of my time recently.

On the note of old half life mods: absolutely loved firearms
PiP

Post by PiP »

confound
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by confound »

I've been playing/replaying some classic adventure games thanks to scummvm for my iPhone!!

I stopped playing The Witcher about half-way through due to Fallout. When I get tired of Fallout (this may take a while) I'll definitely be looking to get back into it. Hopefully there's a good modding community surrounding the game.

What really pisses me off are games that came out when 3D was in its infancy or in the DOS/Win95 transition. They are fucking impossible to look at or get running properly.
One of my favorite RPGs that I never got to finish, Albion, fits into both of these categories. Anyone else actually played Albion?
Caleb
Strider
Strider

Post by Caleb »

Albion isn't that hard to get working and I have a running copy on an xp computer...
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

Just started playing Jedi Knight 2 again. Love the old Kyle Katarn games, even more than the films.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
confound
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by confound »

Caleb wrote:Albion isn't that hard to get working and I have a running copy on an xp computer...
Fa shizzle? Maybe I was thinking of something else. I was re-playing it a couple of years ago but lost the saves along with a bunch o' other shit. I'll never finish that fucker. I'll have to pass it onto my progeny and force them to play it to the end. :beatingchildwithstick:

I'd like to finish Torment or Arcanum sometime but I'm not sure if I could deal with the interface and look of the games, which is just too similar to BG and Fallout and all those other games.

Dark Forces and Jedi Knight were sweet games.
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

Arcanum is Fallout vs. BG steampunk. Its a good game, you should try finishing it, just lv guns.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

A friend of mine found my old AvP Gold Edition and gave it back to me last week, I've been playing the hell out of it.
confound
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by confound »

Arcanum is currently installed on my PC but got bumped by The Witcher and then Fallout 3. I'll have to force myself to start it eventually, just to hang out a little in the Arcanum universe.

Oooo! I'm sure everyone already is aware of this but Vampire Bloodlines is a great game and players are still releasing unofficial patches and stuff for it. I missed this one the first time around probably because of that other Vampire Action-RPG that totally sucked (hahahaha! I'm awesome :pelvic_thrust: ).
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Superhaze wrote:Arcanum is Fallout vs. BG steampunk. Its a good game, you should try finishing it, just lv guns.
or harm.
Caleb
Strider
Strider

Post by Caleb »

uploading neverhood soundtrack as we speak via rapidshare..will post link when it's done.

Edit: http://rapidshare.com/files/198918067/I ... m.rar.html
MD5: 995E20CDB1EE62376482290F2166922C
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

Replaying KoToR. It's every bit as awesome and at the same time, ultimately boring at the same time, as I remembered it.
Testicular Pugilist
confound
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by confound »

Smiley wrote:Replaying KoToR. It's every bit as awesome and at the same time, ultimately boring at the same time, as I remembered it.
I felt that way about KOTOR 2. I don't remember what the ending was. I did the final level/fight with no interest in the outcome.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

FYI - if you want an easily workable copy of Albion - go to abandonia.com

---plus their forums are very helpful if you have troubleshooting issues
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

My brother stole KOTOR 1 and 2 from me some weeks ago, and he finished both like twice and he keeps talking to me about the story, the endings, whatnot, and it's amazing how both are so uniform, pale and ultimately unoriginal that I can't tell if whatever he's telling me about is from the first or second.

I still for some reason enjoyed them.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

I played KOTOR 1 alot. 2nd one, not so much. When I can be bothered I'll start playing the 2nd one through with the reconstruction project (is that thing even finished yet?)
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Finished ? It is a corpse clinging to denial.

Regardless, the proposed additions were unlikely to substantially enrich the experience. Dabbling now is no great loss.

Mediocre, unfinished game + mediocre, unfinished mod = ?

:drunk:
Our Host!