To be fair: the one thing I liked in Fo3

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

To be fair: the one thing I liked in Fo3

Post by jetbaby »

The Outcasts. The Fallout 4 thread reminded me about them. If they were actually fleshed out beyond a warehouse with a couple guards and random patrols I think they would've been quite wonderful. Finding them was the nearest to joy that that game took me.

So, really, to be fair, it wasn't something I liked, it's something I think had great potential and they dropped the ball on. So just one mistake of many.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

Agreed. Though if you sold the alien power cells for drugs and ammo, you had roughly about 80 stimpacks and 80,000 rounds of ammo. :lame:
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

The DLC pack fleshes out the Outcasts a bit. It's also probably the least plot-hole ridden quest, and features characters that have their own motivations and interact with each other!

While that shouldn't be exciting news, it is when it comes to Fallout 3.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

Should of created at least many missions focusing on the Brotherhood Outcast, would of been pretty cool.
Cow Cud is a twin.
confound
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by confound »

I think this captures my point of annoyance with Bethesda games pretty well. "Ooo, this is cool! I wonder what's going to h... that's it?"

I actually just bumped into the Outcast building the second time around, I hope it's half decent. I miss the tribals, where are those dudes?[/quote]
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

I think they kinda mixed the whole Raider/Tribal/Cannibal concept in the gigantic blender of ideas into a cupful of steaming shitty design.
confound
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by confound »

The raiders in Fallout3 kind of reminded me of the cannibal nomads in The Road but that would be giving them waaaaay too much credit.

I'm trying to think of something I liked about Fallout3. I like the game as a whole quite a bit but trying to think of one thing is proving to be very difficult.
confound
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by confound »

confound wrote:The raiders in Fallout3 kind of reminded me of the cannibal nomads in The Road but that would be giving them waaaaay too much credit.

I'm trying to think of something I liked about Fallout3. I like the game as a whole quite a bit but trying to think of one thing is proving to be very difficult.
Oh, I thought of it! I did this just last weekend. I spent all this time talking all the residents of Tenpenny tower into accepting the ghouls and the ghouls moved in and ended up killing all the residents anyway because it turns out that the ghouls are huge douchebags too. I like Roy's reaction of, what the fuck did you expect?

Twas all slightly ruined by the lack of bodies in the basement but I can't call out a Fallout game for being buggy.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Kashluk wrote:I think they kinda mixed the whole Raider/Tribal/Cannibal concept in the gigantic blender of ideas into a cupful of steaming shitty design.
and they all spoke perfect english
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
confound
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by confound »

Dogmeatlives wrote:
Kashluk wrote:I think they kinda mixed the whole Raider/Tribal/Cannibal concept in the gigantic blender of ideas into a cupful of steaming shitty design.
and they all spoke perfect english
Uh, did you not find the "Little Raiders' Prep School" yet?

It makes perfect sense!! No more questioning!! They don't need farms to make food! The food comes from traders, the traders get the food from towns, the towns get the food from traders!! :raving:
Maccy Man
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Maccy Man »

maybe the outcasts could have you get the codes for highwater so they can attack however they want
kill whales, make home with bones.
Our Host!