Operation Anchorage!

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.

Did you enjoy Operation Anchorage?

Hell yeah! It was worth it.
No votes
It was short, but awesome.
22%
Meh, it was alright I guess.
11%
I wouldn't buy the next DLC after this.
No votes
I just didn't like it, OK?
6%
I'd rather shoot myself with the MIRV.
61%

Total votes: 18

Xen
SDF!
SDF!

Operation Anchorage!

Post by Xen »

I found the DLC short but it was definitely worth the money. It felt more like an FPS. Did you enjoy playing Operation Anchorage?

My favourite gun was the Gauss Rifle! :dance:
Arjuna
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Arjuna »

:hahano:
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

The FPS elements in Fallout 3 are pretty terrible, so I'm probably not going to bother grabbing the DLC :M
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

I like Operation Anchorage for the fact that it doesn't even try to resemble Fallout in any way.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Re: Operation Anchorage!

Post by Manoil »

Xen wrote:I found the DLC short but it was definitely worth the money. It felt more like an FPS. Did you enjoy playing Operation Anchorage?

My favourite gun was the Gauss Rifle! :dance:
SDF. Pure.

I downloaded it around 7 o'clock and beat the entirety of it by ten-thirty or eleven. Very, very short on it's own, but I suppose it complements the game as a whole. Was kind of strange to be helping the Outcasts when I'd turned them hostile earlier in the day, though.
The sim itself is kind of retarded in that you can't search corpses, and can only pick up ammunition and explosives at certain points. Also, health is only refillable at certain containers. No food or beverages (though you may come across Psycho and StealthBoys).
(LULZ: I saw the corpse of one of the Vault 108 Gary clones in the new base. I understand it's reason now, but at the time, it just seemed ridiculous)

The Gauss, to the SDF's credit and to the enjoyment of my constant bitching prior to their announcing its release, is quite enjoyable. I'd enjoy being able to FIND another one sooner or later, but like the T-51b (which you receive a Winterized version of along with the Gauss rifle), I have a feeling it ain't gonna happen. All the same, I'm not too concerned; 70% integrity and the beast still does 92 damage.
The thing is, it uses the microfusion ammo; not 2mmEC. I can understand not wanting to introduce a rare new ammunition virtually non-existant in the wasteland, but if MF is for powering a magnetic accelerator, then what the fuck is this thing firing? Bad thoughts?

At any rate, if you plan on getting Op:Anc, burn through it, keep your ass down from Snipers, and enjoy your additional gift; an electric sword!

Yeah... what?

EDIT: I thought I heard Justin Long doing voice acting for the radio distress signal
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

This can't be true. This guy must be megatron in disguise.
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

I'll only play it for the Gauss Rifle.
Cow Cud is a twin.
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Re: Operation Anchorage!

Post by St. Toxic »

Xen wrote:I found the DLC short but it was definitely worth the money.
Your money is no good here, friend. :chew:
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

I downloaded OPA and have yet to get any radio signal to take me to wherever it is that I'm supposed to go.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

ExtremeDrinker wrote:I downloaded OPA and have yet to get any radio signal to take me to wherever it is that I'm supposed to go.
I had to wait about an in-game day before getting it. Also, I got the signal when I walked behind the Megaton shell thing, maybe it's location dependent.

There's some glaring bugs in the DLC - just like the rest of the game - but it was okay. I have to give Bethsoft credit for sticking with logic of how the brotherhood outcasts should operate (they should operate like the original brotherhood); doesn't seem like it at first, and that kind of pissed me off, but then I was pleasantly surprised when the devs didn't take the easy way out yet again.

It doesn't feel tacked on or out of place the way they did it, though the new voice actors are kind of jarring considering you're expecting the three same voices out of everyone you meet outside of the DLC.

I'd daresay, if Bethesda had gone with more original thought like Tranquility Lane and Operation Anchorage, instead of recycling the past games because they couldn't come up with a good power-armor wearing faction and a ton of other things on their own, we might have received the game better. I know I would have been more in favor of the game if I say, met the Order of Washington who wears T42d than a contingent of BoS in an armor I never knew existed, especially after Tactics makes it clear that it's an absolute bitch to get over the Rockies. I could accept the supermutants; at least they looked different from the west coast ones and it's obvious their origin isn't as controlled or done with such lofty intentions.

Going with original gun designs would have been good, too, and there was no reason to use 5.56mm because it and .223 caliber are the same thing.

But, I'm rambling.

Main problem with this DLC? It shouldn't be a DLC. It should have shipped with the game in the first place. There is no reason a game should end up costing $84 in order to become a complete working product.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Drunk_Squid
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Drunk_Squid »

I still have to find the MIRV.
Maccy Man
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Maccy Man »

its mirv time. hated the operation only worth the stuff you get and that's sparse so definitely mirv
kill whales, make home with bones.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Drunk_Squid wrote:I still have to find the MIRV.
5 Keller notes = key to the locked door at the bottom of the National Guard Armory, KTHNX
Our Host!