Duck and Cover Forum Index

Use these links, buy stuff from Amazon and help us out, nubs.
Amazon.com | Amazon.ca | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de
  Duck and Cover  •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Support DAC!
 Throwing the fans a bone View next topic
View previous topic
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Am I right in that? There is a suit of T-51b. One suit. Hidden away in a SUPA SEKRET MILITRI INSTALLERSHEN. So... why doesn't the Brotherhood have it? And it still doesn't look right. Helmet is cool, rest is pretty icon_confused2 In other news... that's all the news.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Always on the frontlines, jet cool
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerICQ Number
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

just one?
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, the regular Brotherhood douchebags are in T42d or whatever it's called.

It's like the west coast Brotherhood went, "lol go to dc and take our old armor none of the previous games hinted that we had with you lol"
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think there was previous Power Armour models detailed in holotapes or some such in previous Fallouts. I could've sworn I heard Ausir or someone similar mentioning it when the Fallout 3 teaser originally came out.
WORLDonFIRE
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Fallout_3_T-51b_Power_Armor.jpg#file
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Image:T51bs.gif
hmmmm.Well I like it. icon_joy
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

S4ur0n27 wrote:
Always on the frontlines, jet cool

You know it The Horrors of Vietnam

Dogmeatlives wrote:
just one?

Yes, just one.

Retlaw83 wrote:
Yeah, the regular Brotherhood douchebags are in T42d or whatever it's called.

It's like the west coast Brotherhood went, "lol go to dc and take our old armor none of the previous games hinted that we had with you lol"

To my knowledge the only reference to the "prototype PA" (T-42d or whatever) had a single mention ever, and that was in the Fallout bible.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Do you remember a gaming mag that featured a picture of the brotherhood armor, and there was a ruccus about how small the body looked in proportion to the head, and I believe Todd or Pete came out and claimed that the picture was somehow screwy and that the mag had resized it or something? Any way, that was an obvious lie. The armor really does look goofy. I believe that if Bethesda had made the male character models more imposing in terms of larger bodies, the armor would come off as more awesome. I'm thinking sorta the way the WoW folks gave all their male characters super muscles, but obviously not to that extreme.

Again, when I made my character, he looked a bit sissyish. I always imagined a vaultdweller/chosenone type character to be somewhat batmanish in his proportions, and general badassedness. The character I made in FO3 just reminded me of a Bethesda programmer.

FO3 is the only game in which I gave my character a full-on wildman beard just to give him some dignity.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

beards ftw in FO3 - I can't help but think each time I'm shooting in VATS when I get a closeup of my own face how nice and happy I look to be spraying somebody's gore on the wall with my automatic weapon, regardless of the fact that I'm a nice guy...

Also - just found the armor yesterday - and I was thinking - the problem I have with Bethesda's games (at least Oblivion and FO3, which are really the only two i've played extensively in the last 5 years or so) is that all the secret stuff seems to be a letdown. It doesn't feel...built up? It doesn't crescendo?

When I saw the power armor I wasn't like "OH SHIT IT'S the old school powah ahmah!!!!" It was like "oh that's nice it's a nod to the old style...cute."

I went into the ... shit ... midwich..no...whatever - some tower that references Cthulhu or whatever - I see this quick flashback type thing and I fight a glowing one. Big deal - I'd already killed half a dozen by that point so was it supposed to be a boss fight or something? Negro please.
popscythe
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

jetbaby wrote:
Am I right in that? There is a suit of T-51b. One suit. Hidden away in a SUPA SEKRET MILITRI INSTALLERSHEN. So... why doesn't the Brotherhood have it? And it still doesn't look right. Helmet is cool, rest is pretty icon_confused2 In other news... that's all the news.

Am I the only one who remembers that the Medics from starcraft supposedly had nearly identical armor in the fluff?

Goddamn bethesda, the one thing people keep talking about from the game and you stole it from another, completely unrelated game.

You pieces of shit.
SenisterDenister
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dogmeatlives wrote:
FO3 is the only game in which I gave my character a full-on wildman beard just to give him some dignity.

Jump to:  

View next topic
View previous topic