Fallout 3 Bugs at The Vault

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Fallout 3 Bugs at The Vault

Post by King of Creation »

<strong>[ Game -> Update ]</strong> - More info on <a href="#Fallout 3">Game: Fallout 3</a>

<p><a href="http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3_bugs" target="_self">The Vault</a> now has a page listing all of the various issues that players are having with <em>Fallout 3</em>. There aren't any solutions listed yet, but hopefully the page will get enough attention and there will be loads of fixes soon. It's nice to have all of the issues centrally located, rather than in the mess that is the <a href="http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index ... owforum=35" target="_self">Fallout 3 Tech Forums</a>. <a href="http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3_bugs" target="_self">Go and post!</a></p><p>Oh, and for a sampling of the issues:</p><ul><li> Disk unable to be read, viewed or otherwise seen as media on some DVD drives such as a Sony DRU-720A.
</li><li> Game crashing when "New Game" is pressed in the main menu
(related to ffdshow - adding fallout3.exe to the exception list off
directshow audio/video apparently fixes this).
</li><li> Game crashing when "Play" is pressed in the launcher splash screen.
</li><li> Memory leak related to excess processes, on-board sound card, and/or SLI.
</li><li> VATS - related severe performance issues.
</li><li> Game sometimes crashes on exiting with a send/don't send error report.
</li><li> Player stuck unable to move, hud also missing.
</li><li> Some sound clips get stuck and loop until very far away from source.
</li><li> Mouse accleration/smoothing cannot be disabled, causes mouse lag and strange acceleration
</li><li> Due to an error in installing, certain sound effects (like gun shots/reloading and monster sounds) do not play.
</li><li> Game freezes on loading screen when trying to load saved game.
</li></ul><p>And those are just the PC issues on Day 2.</p><p>Thanks <strong>Ausir</strong>!
</p><p> </p>
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Re: Fallout 3 Bugs at The Vault

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

King of Creation wrote: Mouse accleration/smoothing cannot be disabled, causes mouse lag and strange acceleration
Fo sho. Thought it was my issue because I have a shitty laptop, but even then, acceleration for different axis was really strange.
popscythe
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by popscythe »

The whole "mouse lag" issue is also omnipresent on all the "games for windows" titles I've played... because the games are designed to respond to controller input. I thought Dead Space had terrible mouse lag too until I saw it played on the 360 and noticed that the controls are exactly the same speed.
"I've decided that if positive affirmations can "cure cancer" then negative affirmations can cause cancer. Chant with me: Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard."
WORLDonFIRE
Regular
Regular

Post by WORLDonFIRE »

Maybe now they can update their fallout:3 info.i mean seriosly its been a couple day since release and they havn't updated some info for months!
Fallout:3 they changed it now it sucks!
sym666
SDF!
SDF!

Re: Fallout 3 Bugs at The Vault

Post by sym666 »

King of Creation wrote:Due to an error in installing, certain sound effects (like gun shots/reloading and monster sounds) do not play.
Hi everybody, I don't know if the quoted example fits my case. Anyway something weird occured to some sound effects. I'm pretty sure it began after taking Mentat addiction. It seemed I couldn't hear well anymore. Even after curing addiction, I can't hear npc voices, my footsteps, weapon realoding sound, and probably others I'm not aware yet. Did sombody experienced the same? Thanks in advance everybody
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

sym666
SDF!
SDF!

Post by sym666 »

S4ur0n27 wrote:Image
Yes, that was the reason. The next day I had the game working again properly without doing anything. But in the morning I washed myself (ears included). Thank you
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

popscythe wrote:The whole "mouse lag" issue is also omnipresent on all the "games for windows" titles I've played... because the games are designed to respond to controller input. I thought Dead Space had terrible mouse lag too until I saw it played on the 360 and noticed that the controls are exactly the same speed.
Isn't that the same dumbing down they did when they tried to link up the console and PC versions of Shadowrun?

(Oh hey - another sequel *sort of* that didn't stay true to form...)
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

I noticed this funny thing, that when I played normally with my 5.1 speaker set-up on, everything's fine audio wise. But when I plug in my stereo 2.0 headphones (and let the Mrs. watch TV in peace) all the issues discussed start popping up.

Just my two cents..? Hope it's any help.
Our Host!