Fallout 3: The best fun is on the forum!

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

I haven't had a single crash or audio issue. Shame the game is dull.
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

I'm having audio issues. Tried it on two soundcards, still the same. Audio cuts off in places, the EAX is completely fucked (Looking someone in the eye while they're talking = the sound comes out of the right side speakers only) and apparently my character is deaf/werewulf powah, because backtracking a few steps from a soundsource is enough to silence the sound, and at other times I can hear a conversation taking place an age and 5 walls away with perfect audio. There's also a general choppyness to audio sometimes, with alot of static.

Graphicswise there are some tearing glitches, but you have to be me to notice them. Vsync does not help the situation. I'm not too far in (it's so boring, it scares me away), so I might encounter more annoying shit in the near future.
pelegrin
SDF!
SDF!

Post by pelegrin »

sorry fo3 bashers im in the no crash basket myself
runnin a 8800
dual 3.0 ghz no not dual core but dual as in to
xp sp2
4 gig ram
and sweet f all hard drive space left i suppose i should clean it all up

dont hate the player hate the game
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

St. Toxic wrote:I'm having audio issues. Tried it on two soundcards, still the same. Audio cuts off in places, the EAX is completely fucked (Looking someone in the eye while they're talking = the sound comes out of the right side speakers only) and apparently my character is deaf/werewulf powah, because backtracking a few steps from a soundsource is enough to silence the sound, and at other times I can hear a conversation taking place an age and 5 walls away with perfect audio. There's also a general choppyness to audio sometimes, with alot of static.

Graphicswise there are some tearing glitches, but you have to be me to notice them. Vsync does not help the situation. I'm not too far in (it's so boring, it scares me away), so I might encounter more annoying shit in the near future.

I have the exact same sound issue. But its not only with fallout 3, its farcry 2 too :S
Do these glasses and my two chins make me look sexy?
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

MR Snake wrote:My game runs perfectly
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

MR Snake wrote: cant hear holo tapes :(
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

MR Snake wrote:I have the exact same sound issue. But its not only with fallout 3, its farcry 2 too :S
"We got fucked." Say it with me, Snakey. "We got fucked." B)

(also, didn't have that problem with FC2.)
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

Wolfman Walt wrote:and my favourite pasttime activity is to be drilled by a 12 inch blackguy
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Misattributing your own quotes again? Let's be serious - I know there's a space between past time, that's more of a "Snake mistake." Your quote, your claim to fame.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Wolfman Walt wrote:and my favourite pasttime activity is to be drilled by a 12 inch blackguy
MR Snake wrote:You can enjoy receiving gaysex even if your not gay.
MR Snake just proved you're heterosexual, per his definition.
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

There is a differance in receiving.
Like getting a bj or giving it to someone.. but receiving it in drill form is just... not straight.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

You never disappoint. :salute:
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

VasikkA wrote:You never disappoint. :salute:
I do my best :evil_laugh:
Reknorak
SDF!
SDF!

Graphical issue

Post by Reknorak »

I also seem to be having problems with my PC version of fallout, particularly the landscapes, generally it seems Im having some shading issues causing the landscape to represent a dull monochrome effect causing the landscapes to look quite seamless and bland, though i think it might be my current setup and beths engine choices as I recall I had the same problems with morrowind, also like many other users I seem to be experiencing mild to severe audio issues, namely with the tone of character voices, I think im having codec issues as I seem to be almost getting a flat emotionless sort of sound coming out of my speakers, but again i think that might be an issue with this PC and the method of audio they use as i had the same problem with one of their lesser known games; oblivion.

Though its pretty amazing, I like the way they captured the fallout spirit, my only issue with the actual game is that it doesnt really seem fallouty enough, they have a nice mile by mile area to play with, now i know they already included; enclave, brotherhood, raiders, ghouls, supermutants, vaults, nukacola, radaway and other named items, deathclaws, radscorpians and slavers in this vast area, thats alright i guess lol but could we add more? Sometimes i forget im playing a Fallout(R) game while playing, maybe they could have added some tribals or something too? Ahh well you cant have everything i suppose.
Our Host!