IGN Reviews Fallout 3

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

IGN Reviews Fallout 3

Post by Wolfman Walt »

<strong>[ Game -> Article ]</strong> - More info on <a href="#Bethesda Softworks">Company: Bethesda Softworks</a> | More info on <a href="#Fallout 3">Game: Fallout 3</a><br><br><p>Tired of all star reviews yet that indicate Fallout as the greatest thing since sliced bread and boobies? I know I'm not. IGN just put up their review of Fallout 3 and it's stellar. Some interesting bits I found included that there are apperently only a dozen or so "primary" side quests which last for afew hours. Everything else is pretty much fetch quests.<br><br>Their only real complaint thought aside from the game crashing occassionally? The animations, going on to say:<br><br><I><Blockquote>The larger, and far more recognizable, blemish in Fallout 3 that all versions share is the animations. Everything in the world, from the fantastic landscapes to the oftentimes over-the-top personalities therein, comes together to create a believable and engrossing atmosphere. And then you'll see a person or animal move and be given a reminder that this is just a game. The way people move is stiff and lifeless and is a stark contrast to the rest of the outstanding look and feel of Fallout 3. This is especially noticeable in the third-person view. It's great for seeing the unique armor you find, but your character moves awkwardly and doesn't even look like he's interacting with the world he's standing on.</I></Blockquote> <br><br>At the end of the day, they gave it a 9.6 making it the third highest rated 360 game. My question and this is a honest question for IGN: How can you claim to have non-bias in reviewing Fallout 3 to begin with when your site is plastered by revenue generating ads and wallpapers displaying the game. This is a point that has been raised before, but I honestly don't see how you can give a game a fair score when the guys who made it are keeping you in bussiness.<br><br>You can read the article <a href="http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/924/924165p1.html" target="_self">here</a>.</p><p>Spotted @ <a href="http://pc.ign.com/">IGN</a></p>
AnneGwish
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by AnneGwish »

I'm just waiting for Razor or one of that crew to slap it up on PB. Not sure I wanna drop any cash for it but I'm still gunna try it out for the lulz.
"If you could be God's worst enemy, or nothing, which would you choose?" -Fight Club

"God made me a cannibal to fix problems like you" -Angelspit
spokomptonjdub
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by spokomptonjdub »

Gamespy's review is in now too, guess what? 5 out of 5. "Fallout 3 is a must-have title for most RPG fans, as well as one of the finest games of this generation."

You can practically see Bethesda's jizz dripping off the gaming media's collective chin, just like with Oblivion.

http://xbox360.gamespy.com/xbox-360/fal ... 342p1.html
entertainer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by entertainer »

Interesting that all the reviews are for the shitbox360
Fallout 3 - By Morons, For Morons
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

He who pays the piper calls the tune.
entertainer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by entertainer »

Better see this:
http://xbox360.gamespy.com/xbox-360/fal ... 342p1.html
Bethesda's post-apocalyptic RPG is one of the finest games of this generation.
:drunk:
Fallout 3 - By Morons, For Morons
Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree
Devil times three go climb a tree

Post by Dreadnought »

And they call us crazy. :crazy: :goatse:
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

entertainer wrote:Interesting that all the reviews are for the shitbox360
Thats pretty common with these multi platform releases, it's easier to just review one version since they are pretty much all the same in performance and stuff.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

No way I would get the game if they half-assed the third person view, and it sounds like they did. I really wanna like the game. I really do! Bethesda just makes shit RPGs IMO.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Bethesda's post-apocalyptic RPG is one of the finest games of this generation.
You know they may be right on that one. Have you seen the games for this generation? Yuck

lol doublepost
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Looks like we all were wrong then. :|
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

FO3 is actually pretty postapoc, the postapocalypse of good games. :pc gaming died in '98:
aprespoc to the max :umbrella:
Mechanurgist
Strider
Strider

Post by Mechanurgist »

VasikkA wrote:Looks like we all were wrong then. :|
No, we predicted they'd all give F3 perfect scores and GAME OF THE YEAR. That counts as being right, even if we didn't really want to be.
Death: "Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me!"
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Mechanurgist wrote:
VasikkA wrote:Looks like we all were wrong then. :|
No, we predicted they'd all give F3 perfect scores and GAME OF THE YEAR. That counts as being right, even if we didn't really want to be.
You know something, you just gave me an awesome idea for a thread! Predict the future: The thread!
Our Host!