Fallout Tactics Multiplayer "Questionnaire"

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.
Azrael1415
SDF!
SDF!

Fallout Tactics Multiplayer "Questionnaire"

Post by Azrael1415 »

1. What character types (slayers, snipers, etc...) do you think are the most effective in Skrimish? in CTF or Assault? What skills, perks and weapons are essential to a good MP character? What makes a good squad?

2. Do you think Charisma has an essential role in FoT MP? Are there any perks that vaildate giving it points for your MP character?

3. Aside from the ever-popular 10K 1 man game, what do you think is the best point/squad game setup in FoT MP?

I'm just curious to see what you guys think about these things. I'll post my thoughts on them later, once I have more time.

Thanks!
-Azrael
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

1) Fighters and snipers

2) Not really, unless you want Divine Favour, which is a waste of time in MP so leave it.

3) Max points 6 man, total mayhem

Hope that helps...
Slashco
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Slashco »

1. My choice would be a super mutant with Gifted, Fast Shot, and Steady Arm. Give him an M2 or that nifty Chinese minigun, and watch the bodyparts fly. :)

2. Charisma is mainly used for bartering, and (in Fallout 1 & 2) convincing NPC's to join you, or agree with you and such. Not much use in pure combat.

3. I'll try multiplayer as soon as I can get it to work...
Satanicus Placenta
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Satanicus Placenta »

1. It depends on the point-system you're using in MP for what kind of player to use. If it's 10k, chances are you'll just be using some guy wearing metal or tesla armor, sporting a Pancor Jackhammer (bor-friggin'-ing as hell). Everything else is up to you. Ghouls make the best snipers, btw.

2. Charisma CAN be useful in MP, but only have one squad member have high CHR. That way, you can get the "Leader" perk, which boosts AC and gives +1 Agility to squadmates. Other than that, it's useless.

3. The lower the points, the funner the game tends to be, since fights actually take a while, and the battles tend to be more drawn-out (especially on turn-based.). The only exception to this rule is the 150k Jinxed Dog Arena matches.
-=Satanicus Placenta=-
The Devil's Afterbirth
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

Satanicus Placenta wrote:Charisma CAN be useful in MP, but only have one squad member have high CHR. That way, you can get the "Leader" perk, which boosts AC and gives +1 Agility to squadmates. Other than that, it's useless.
Not many people fight in teams, I have gone back to playing 10k single duels. There, you do not need CH as much as in a team.

A good perk error in the main game to exploit is the Loner perk. Since it doesn't register you in a team, you get the benefits of Loner even when you are next to a squad member, even if both are selected.
Munky
Regular
Regular

Post by Munky »

Well for starters, i only ever played 2k and below, everything else sucked...

The most effective type of character is usually a Vindi ghoul, you can get the perception insanely high and take out people in one shot over the other side of a map. There are a few tricks of the trade you need to use to get the stats high enough.

Most effective skirmish type would be a metal armour wearing pancor human with enough sneak and first aid to take care of himself. Perception is very very unimportant with these types of characters.

Charisma is COMPLETELY useless in MP

10k sucks, 2kreg is good, 1k reg is cool too, and the FOTmod is also bad arse and im not just saying that coz i helped make it.
I wont go down in history...but i will go down on your sister.
Our Host!