Let's try to find a good side on Fallout 3.

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

From the beyond the spirits call to me....I am sensing....imminent asshat-ery....
LoneGunman
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by LoneGunman »

cazsim83 wrote:From the beyond the spirits call to me....I am sensing....imminent asshat-ery....
How about a !kickban
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

cazsim83 wrote:From the beyond the spirits call to me....I am sensing....imminent asshat-ery....
Why? :?
entertainer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by entertainer »

the_BlackPipMan wrote:don't worry you can wrap your lips back around Mismatched penor.
you can wrap your lips back around todds penor?
Fallout 3 - By Morons, For Morons
the_BlackPipMan
Respected
Respected

Post by the_BlackPipMan »

entertainer wrote:
the_BlackPipMan wrote:don't worry you can wrap your lips back around Mismatched penor.
you can wrap your lips back around todds penor?
you have wounded my fragile male ego...deeply
Frater Perdurabo wrote:Fallout was the type of game that allowed third person camera. Sure, sometimes it was annoying that you had to walk all the way next to the wall to look for containers, but that was a minor issue.
a minor issue to you. to me thats a MAJOR gameplay defect. a minor issue to me is non killable children and groin shot.

2 things many hard core fallout fans cry about.
If you build the game up on minute detail and eye-candy, third person is no longer viable. Third person does not allow you to notice detail from different angles in a 3D game, thus such actions as looking into containers, at different walls, etc will be a much more difficult.
dejavu? your concerned you wont be able to notice containers and notice detailed objects from that view.

sound kind of like the originals.
it was annoying that you had to walk all the way next to the wall to look for containers, but that was a minor issue.

which is it?
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

I think it's more along the lines of a fp view easily becoming cluttered with visuals, and also the 90 degrees of visibility that you have at all times. Having an overhead view allows you to easily scan the perimeter to find the objects you are looking for, which is harder to do with a game that tries to achieve realistic graphics in a fpv; trying to find a box in the jungles of Vietcong (the game), would for instance be harder than finding a marble in Arcanum.

Also, a fp view eliminates some stat bonuses of perception, which would allow you to find things and make observations about the enviroment that others with a lower perception couldn't have done, since you would actively have to look for these, say, items yourself.
Caleb
Strider
Strider

Post by Caleb »

A simple example of this and their claimed semi iso view is that if they say, stacked 2 objects or chests on a shelf, in FPV you would be able to easily select between the two, when in iso it would necessitate either one single static object to check, or a switch of viewpoints - which should not be necessary. The other thing is that an FPS needs QUITE more time spent on art, on details inside of environments due to the fact you can now look through windows, into containers, rather than a third person game where some of the details/mapping/shaders can be sacrificed yet retain the same quality of game. This puts strain on the coders/art teams/company and means some other goals will be pushed out. Since when are graphics the main thing in an rpg in the first place?
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

At least the dialogue is still turn-based. D;
Psychoul
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Psychoul »

^^ haha , well fallout 3 looks good, i preordered the collectors edition already (i dont know why :drunk: ) but the game looks great and cant wait to play it XD, and it sounds and looks great. my only hope is that they are true to their word about dialogue being alot better than oblivion.
[that was gay.. hella random but comprahensive vid about the *NEW* oblivion dialogue system being kick ass ( and i like the way that they use only one person as the test ) .]
everything else looks fucking awesome and the world looks full of stuff.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Bethsoft asskissing forums are that way ------->
Don't come back.
entertainer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by entertainer »

yeah fallout 3 looks good great and awesome indeed xDD :hahano:
4too
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

'News' To Me

Post by 4too »

'News' To Me

VasikkA wrote: At least the dialogue is still turn-based.
Excellent.

Consider the 'news' factor of this knowledge.

I have been following the FO3 circus all this time and have yet to see this observation presented in such a succinctly hilarious missive.

More hilarious than "Bloody Mess".

In fact if B-soft came up with this level of FO commentary,
their proclaimed familiarity with, and their delivery of, FO noire might be convincing.

I suggest this insight is front page 'parody' news worthy,
and would be a possible hook to lure in the chatty rpg types you all tend to love to mock.

cazsim83 could do a 'scripted' interview with VasikkA, and of course miss spell his name.

Mumble incoherently about the dubious communication skills of the target demographic and how frustrating 'real - reality - real time' dialogue is for the average game playing, eternally adolescent, male.

Speculate that B-soft wishes to nurture these valued clients. Need to walk before they can run.

Speculate that B-soft just doesn't have the technology to make the dialogue 'real time'. Need to walk before they can run.

Hypothesize that FO4 might break this articulative barrier,
and all that play will become the hip hop rappers of their white bread dreams!
Just like Guitar Hero has unleashed our inner air guitar virtuosity.
Not well enough to score with chicks, want these boys to stay bizzy with B-soft softwarz!
Talkin' trash to Radiant AI.

Need to talk before they can 'rhyme'.

4too
Maccy Man
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Maccy Man »

fallout 3 is awesome!?!?!?!??!??!?!?????
kill whales, make home with bones.
entertainer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by entertainer »

for retards.
Fallout 3 - By Morons, For Morons
Maccy Man
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Maccy Man »

entertainer wrote:for retards.
so why don't you play it more often i personally have a IQ over 138 so im not a tard.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

my penis size is over 138 too! omg!
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

Apparently F03 goodness is too highbrow for us make believe morons.
Hail manwhosit and his wasted fake brain.
:hug:
I miss the good ol' USSA.
Maccy Man
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Maccy Man »

Athos gave f3 a 10 out 10 and hes the good of gaming and atheism.
kill whales, make home with bones.
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

Maccy Man wrote:Athos gave f3 a 10 out 10 and hes the good of gaming and atheism.
I give you a 10/10 for Effort. 2/10 for Execution.
I miss the good ol' USSA.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Stunt Stun Sun Sn S wrote:138
The requisite banners would explain the epilepsy and validity both. Commiserations. :drunk:
Our Host!