Gun problem? Add more guns!

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

sdfa
Last edited by ApTyp on Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Goretheglowingone
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member
Location: DAC (YEA FUCKERS! WHAT'S IT TO YOU? HUH! HUH! , I Gotta go butt sex a nun now..

Post by Goretheglowingone »

Wolfman Walt wrote:Image

You're gettin old, Gore, you're gettin old....
SHUT UP! ill rip off your arms and feed em to your fuckin parents!

and GET THE FUCK OFF MY LAWN!! *shakes walking cane in a threatening manner*
EATER OF STUPID CHILDREN
Machiavelli
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Machiavelli »

It's been proven that legal gun ownership reduces the amount of violent crime. For instance in the city of Kennesaw GA it is a law that all heads of household that can legally own a gun MUST own a gun (of course no one who is opposed to gun ownership has never been prosecuted for not owning one). This town has one of the lowest crime rates in the country and in an article I read a year or two ago listed only two murders having taken place in this place since the law went into effect. Both were committed with knives. I didn't have much time to research and give everyone resources but I did find this article that should let anyone interested find out more.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/20 ... here_.html
The AK-47. When you absolutely positively got to kill every mother#$^#&* in the room...... Accept no substitute.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

lol

dumbest reasoning process ever
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

Machiavelli wrote:It's been proven that legal gun ownership reduces the amount of violent crime. For instance in the city of Kennesaw GA it is a law that all heads of household that can legally own a gun MUST own a gun (of course no one who is opposed to gun ownership has never been prosecuted for not owning one). This town has one of the lowest crime rates in the country and in an article I read a year or two ago listed only two murders having taken place in this place since the law went into effect. Both were committed with knives. I didn't have much time to research and give everyone resources but I did find this article that should let anyone interested find out more.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/20 ... here_.html
Here's some good ol' reasonin' for ya...
NO GUNS, NO SHOOTINGS.
Testicular Pugilist
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Britain sure explemplifies that one.
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

Smiley wrote:Here's some good ol' reasonin' for ya...
NO GUNS, NO SHOOTINGS.
Meh, I'd rather be shot than stabbed / beaten to death. :chew:
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

I'd rather have you stabbed/beaten, than have 5-30 other kids shot down as well as yourself.
Testicular Pugilist
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

Just give them all WoW accounts, no more shootings.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

Thor Kaufman wrote:Just give them all WoW accounts, no more shootings.
letting them shoot eachother is probably more humane
Goretheglowingone
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member
Location: DAC (YEA FUCKERS! WHAT'S IT TO YOU? HUH! HUH! , I Gotta go butt sex a nun now..

Post by Goretheglowingone »

idiots, if you take away the guns from the people who fallow the laws the only the the people who dont fallow the laws will have guns, its simple.

WHY THE FUCK WOULD THE GANGS GIVE UP THEIR GUNS? HUH? THEY WONT! NOR WILL THE ROBBERS OR THE MURDERERS ! there for only the cops and them will be armed and the government will feel safe in taking all your rights,
and they will make fucked up laws like the mayor gets to fuck your wife on the day of your wedding or the priests get to fuck your daughters on their 16th birth day, if you dont believe me, look to history.. it proves my point with ease.
EATER OF STUPID CHILDREN
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

Goretheglowingone wrote:idiots, if you take away the guns from the people who fallow the laws the only the the people who dont fallow the laws will have guns, its simple.

WHY THE FUCK WOULD THE GANGS GIVE UP THEIR GUNS? HUH? THEY WONT! NOR WILL THE ROBBERS OR THE MURDERERS ! there for only the cops and them will be armed and the government will feel safe in taking all your rights,
and they will make fucked up laws like the mayor gets to fuck your wife on the day of your wedding or the priests get to fuck your daughters on their 16th birth day, if you dont believe me, look to history.. it proves my point with ease.
God I love Arizona!
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

if you dont believe me, look to history.. it proves my point with ease.
Getting rid of as many guns as a commodity, will lower crime, accidents and murder, or at least make it harder to murder people. It's far easier to put a bullet in someone, than having to go up close and personal.

If you don't believe me, look to the present ..it proves my point with ease.

People are idiots, and people are everywhere.
As long as there are idiots, guns shouldn't be accessible for anyone who just wants them, because even if there's 1 out there who can't handle the responsibility, it's a liability.

Collector's and people who like shooting as a hobby, can very well do so, under carefully controlled circumstances.

The only "problem", is that people believe their rights are being violated, that they're losing something.

Think of it this way, for every person out there who gets a gun, everyone else loses a bit of their safety and freedom.
Testicular Pugilist
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

if you can't be bothered to tell it in your own words, then I have no interest in what you have to say.
Testicular Pugilist
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

It's the classic eurofag vs amerifag "debate".
One trusts his government to help him out of any situation, the other stands up for himself and if necessary against his government. Not like this would really happen in the decadent western societies but the point still stands.

The other point is the idea of a "duel society". The higher the probability of the other guy having a gun the higher the probability of you thinking twice before foulmouthing him.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

Or maybe it's the debate of quitters versus fighters.

The quitters being the pro-gun people who can't think of any other way to solve his problems or keep the status quo, than through intimidation and threat of violence.

Who's more pathetic?
Those who can't stand up for themselves without firearms?
Or those who want to find another way?

This is the whole point of the thread, you can't just solve issues by throwing more guns into them.
Government or no, solve your fucking issues, start caring and be a better person, even if the next man can't.
It'll make a better world.
Guns, won't.
Testicular Pugilist
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

Why not? Maybe people will be more gentle to each other because they might get their faces shot in if they aren't?

Guns aren't bad per se, people are. Take guns away and people will fight with sticks. Guns are the most democratic weapon ever, a great equalizer, weaker people have the same power as physically strong people.

Besides, Canada for instance, a rather faggy country has a lot of guns, too. Same for Switzerland, except Switzerland is kind of cool. Low gun crimes. More gun ownership doesn't equal more violence.
As for the US, the cities where gun ownership increased in the last few years the crimes actually lowered because the "bad guys" fear opposition that is up to par with them.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

But wouldn't it be better to make a prevention standpoint?
Why not avoid the whole ordeal altogether?

Our world isn't based on barbarism any longer, or at least not the western and farthest eastern parts of it.
Physical strength means nothing.

You bring up valid examples, but my own country and I think yours as well are both prime examples of the opposite?
More gun ownership doesn't equal more violence.
But it sure brings more risk.
And worst of all, in schools, where some of the worst psychological pressure is happening, to either kids or teachers who are being terrorized by pupils or classmates.
Testicular Pugilist
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

But it sure brings more risk.
Cars bring greater risk than guns. Why aren't we banning those? People should have a right to choose wether or not that risk is present, provided that they handle things responsibly. Sure, people are gonna fuck up, but that's because they're people. The point is, when you start taking choices out of people's hands based on the idea that there's risk involved, then why give them choices to begin with? Every decision involves risk, wether it's deciding to own a gun, driving a Pinto, or drinking a 5th of vodka.
Our Host!