A LOT of screenshots

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

A LOT of screenshots

Post by King of Creation »

<strong>[ Game -> Images ]</strong> - More info on <a href="#Fallout 3">Game: Fallout 3</a>

<p>NMA is reporting that Fallout 3 was recently showed off in Taiwan. Lucky for us, the Taiwanese don't care about NDA's, so a couple of gaming sites posted a total of 145 screenshots from the demo.</p><p> </p><p>Check out the two sites: <a href="http://www.cng4u.com/2008/08/16/fallout-3-scans/" target="_self">Underone</a> and <a href="http://www.catchplay.com/tw/?pg=games_news_item&id=3210" target="_self">Catchplay</a>.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>It looks like one of the sites has removed the gameplay shots, with the other one probably to follow. Luckily NMA has grabbed all of them and put them in their gallery. Check it out <a href="http://nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=44246" target="_self">here</a>. </p><p> </p><p>Also, interesting to note that I live in Taiwan (which the Beth people know) and that demo probably would have been the closest to seeing Fallout 3 I'll have until at least late next year, yet there was no invite :-(.
</p><p>Spotted @ <a href="http://www.nma-fallout.com">No Mutants Allowed</a></p>
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Does this mean that beth doesn't love the koc? Or specifically, ours? :drunk:
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Re: A LOT of screenshots

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

King of Creation wrote:Also, interesting to note that I live in Taiwan (which the Beth people know) and that demo probably would have been the closest to seeing Fallout 3 I'll have until at least late next year, yet there was no invite :-(
Fine, just upload the screens into our gallery as well.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

ehue, seems like Bethsoft still writes dialogue about as well as a toungueless lass gives rim jobs.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Nothing wrong with visuals, though.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Supposedly there are quite a lot of spoilers in the images though.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

King of Creation wrote:Also, interesting to note that I live in Taiwan (which the Beth people know) and that demo probably would have been the closest to seeing Fallout 3 I'll have until at least late next year, yet there was no invite
Didn't they do the same thing (i.e. give you the shaft) about a year ago at some European convention?

I find they don't really like to deal with us, NMA, or Codex (I guess?) unless we initiate the contact, follow up, etc
Last edited by cazsim83 on Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Mismatch wrote:ehue, seems like Bethsoft still writes dialogue about as well as a toungueless lass gives rim jobs.
Yes, very true.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

cazsim83 wrote:Didn't they do the same thing (i.e. give you the shaft) about a year ago at some European convention?
Well, I don't live in Europe. I am, however, living in Taiwan and have been for a year now. The guys at Bethesda know this, but apparently no one cares.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Nerd rage?
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

God himself wouldn't be able to force me to leave the house to look at that piece of shit. >:(
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

King of Creation wrote:
cazsim83 wrote:Didn't they do the same thing (i.e. give you the shaft) about a year ago at some European convention?
Well, I don't live in Europe. I am, however, living in Taiwan and have been for a year now. The guys at Bethesda know this, but apparently no one cares.
did you frankly expect otherwise?
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

John Matrix wouldn't have needed no invitation.
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

Bethesda invited me to a special sekrit showing of ze game, ok mangs? I managed to snap a photo with my spycam check this out.

Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

moar plez
my vocabulary skills is above you.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

I'm glad to see the dialogue has improved from Oblivion.
PiP

Post by PiP »

I'm glad to see that hat has lots of charm.
entertainer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by entertainer »

I'm glad to see they are staying true to the series.
Fallout 3 - By Morons, For Morons
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

Hear you can see how radiated AI influences dialogue optionz and also maybe choizes and consequences. It is all very next gen, because you do not really know what reaction you will get. Sometimes you might even change the whole game by selecting different dialogue options ok?

Here we have discovered a fiendish plot to undermine the economy of the United Wastelands of America! What to do with that information is, as you can see, entirely up to the playar:

Now we have for this test selected option A, that is the topmost option, and we come to a completely different situation as you can see here:

This is what true CRPG is all about! You do now know what will happen next, because the world is so living and breathing like real world ok?
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

Here we can all see how non dialogue skills have an effect on the dialogue! It is very next gen, so I understand if some of you are sceptical to the idea, but hear me out ok? I will show you with examples.

First example, we have a guy with high Gun skill. Remember how we had 3 gun skills in fallout, like big gun and small gun? Well it's one skill now because, lol, it's too much work with 3 GUN SKILLS! I mean jeez it's overkill? So we have this 1 gunskill, and have maxed it out on the character, watch:

Now this is one of the more fleshed out npc characters as you can see. He sometimes tells funny jokes and one time ( spoiler alert ) he will save you from a terrible danger, but I won't say what that danger is. :snicker:

So ok, now we have the same character but with high SCIENCE skill. Science is now basicly all skills except GUN because it's stupid having outdoorsman and bartering and electroncis like in Fallout all being separate, when it is all SCIENCE afterall right? So look, high Science skills:

See? The game world changes with you! It is very open ended obviously, because Bethesda is good at that, doing open free worlds with no constraints. So it is pretty good. I am probably not supposed to say this, but what I saw from the sekrit tech demo it was possible to join both the BOSS and the ENCLAVE like it was with Fallout 2 maffia wars in New Reno!! We should be very excited.
Our Host!