Are we going to do a round robin here, too?

Got great hand-eye coordination? Here's the place to show it off. You can also upload your work (images, audio, and video) and view our fan art gallery (currently defunct, bug forum management to fix it).
This is also the forum for all of you blossoming Camus' to exercise your brain power by writing and posting fan fiction.
Section8
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by Section8 »

Chapter 7 is on the way...

This was fucked. It displayed an incredible lack of foresight that Diestler had decided to store his emergency stock in a safe under the rusted engine block of a Corvega. At least he'd managed to get the door closed. He propped himself up into a sitting position against the door and contemplated his situation.

The chamber was still intact it would seem, meaning the girl had walked out and left the door wide open. The Chamber was safe, but stripped of any immediate supplies. All of the mechanical stuff was still here, but any of the chem equipment was gone. And if that wasn't already enough of a slap in the face, Diestler also found his long rations gone. He could live for a few weeks, maybe a month with a deliberate scheme of rationing that Diestler would no doubt stray from. Plus his esteemed source of income would be suspicious of the sudden stock stoppage, and most likely send goons to camp the place while he slowly starved. Getting the hell out of here seemed like a good idea, but he'd need at least a crude lab to stay alive, and that meant at least two weeks of scavving and staying away from the freaks that swarmed around the dead streets of the Broken City.

It was hardly anything to look forward too. Diestler had dragged himself to the engine block, and turned, pushing his back against it, and trying to gain some leverage with his good leg. It budged. A little. But his foot was slipping more often than not, and draining at what remained of his already sapped strength.

He awoke a few hours later to find the floor safe fully exposed, and his body aching from the exertion, but with no real memory of the struggle. Even in his weakened state, his fingers spun the dial with quick precision, and with a muffled squeek of rarely used hinges, he was able to take out one of his super stims. He threw the leather straps around his leg, covering the exit wound, and wrapping over the entry wound, barely feeling the needle stab and gentle flow as the chems fed into his system. As he lay back, he felt around in the safe with his hand.

Everything was there, firstly the case, not unlike the one he had payed off the skag with, contained enough glassware for the nastier stuff, but none of the raw ingredients. There was the bullet belt loaded with stims. There was also couple of fully charged Micro Fusion Cells to keep his weapons loaded. He smiled and drifted off to sleep again, considering the possibilities his inevitable travels may hold.
Last edited by Section8 on Sat Apr 27, 2002 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--
Only a real artist knows the actual anatomy of the terrible, or the physiology of fear - the exact sort of lines and proportions that connect up with latent instincts or heriditary memories of fright, and the proper colour contrasts and lighting effects to stir the dormant sense of strangeness.
Archchancellor
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Archchancellor »

Quote:
“Well if it isn’t Craven?” he asked “Still as persistent as ever?”
Craven= Rayen= insult by logar

Did you notce that Rayen had continued wearing his robe you can hide a katane down the small of your back with ease

Sir_Funkalot wrote:
Yes, I thought your part was good Pyro.

But didn't you say Rayen killed Diestler? And then he was alive again, and also I wonder how Rayen managed to get inside Diestlers place...

Jiwin is Sarahs brother

No Rayen killed the warehouse owner guy, wich owned the wagon and stuff. Diestler was shot by a mystery guy [the white-haired man or someone else...you choose] and survived with a bullet-proof jacket.

I left some parts open for you to play around with, or you could just ignore them....wichever
Zeer and jack is Elaras not going to touch that untill i know more about them[/quote]
Sir_Funkalot
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Sir_Funkalot »

Okay, I'll begin writing chapter 8 now, it should be ready within the next two/three hours... :)
The Fallout California Tour | Currently being re-designed, re-structurated and re-wrote. To be finished...
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I see

anyway

Plot so far
An FBI agent called Rayen came into a town looking for a white-haired man. The next day a wagon came and took away a man [jiwin] who was sarah's brother. Rayen left to save jiwin, while sarah was kidnapped.

Sarah was taken to a sort of mini-vault owned by a man named diestler. Sarah managed to escape, while diestler was cronfronted by the white-haired man and was wounded in the leg. the white-haired man left him for dead.

Rayen followed the wagon to a warehouse, hos owner was working for the white-haired man. Rayen took the wagon into the mountains, were his brother confronted him and together they went to the white-haired man's base in a highwayman. Rayen fought a man named logar, and rayen and his brother[mushido] killed about 50 soldiers while the white-haired man[arken] and logar escaped. Rayen, sarah, jiwin and mushido then went to the fbi base.

Diestler, now fully healed and armoured up is about to go on a short trip...
:chew:
Sir_Funkalot
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Sir_Funkalot »

Yes, that seems to be correct. Well, here's chapter 8:

Chapter 8
When Rayen eventually woke up he noticed Sarah sitting in a chair next to him, reading something. Sarah turned towards Rayen’s bed and gave out a cry of joy when she saw him having woken up.
“Where… am I?� Rayen asked, trying to move, but feeling to dizzy to make a serious attempt on getting up. An old looking man wearing doctor-cloths entered the room.
“You are at the FBI HQ, medical bay, young man, it seems like your wound was worse than we first thought.�
“Where is my brother Mushido?� Rayen said worried. “And how long must I stay here?�
“Where your brother is I do not know, but due to your injury you cannot leave your bed in at least five days.�
“Five days?!� Rayen said shocked “Impossible, I need to catch a vicious criminal, I’ve absolutely have no time staying here so long.�
The doctor looked at the young man and shook his head. “You youngsters, always putting pride in front of health…�
As the doctor exited the room Rayen looked at Sarah. Almost as she could read his mind she said:
“Mushido is out on a mission, I think he is chasing Arken now, and Jiwin has followed Mushido to aid in the mission.� Sarah could notice the pain in Rayen’s eyes.
“Just Mushido and Jiwin, no one else?� Rayen replied.
“Just the two of them.�
Rayen tried to get up, almost in panic. “I must… help them. They’ll not last a week chasing him and here I am, trapped in our HQ. Help me up, Sarah, please…�
“I can’t do that Rayen, the doctor said you must rest for five days.�
Rayen looked at her helplessly. “In five days both our brothers will be dead, Sarah, unless I stop Arken…�
“But Rayen, you must believe in your brother…� Sarah said “You’ll probably perish if you leave the med bay in the state you are now, there’s no other opinion than to stay here…�
Rayen tried to get up again, but passed away due to the fatigue. Sarah returned to reading her book, but left the room about an hour later, to get some fresh air. As she left the room she met Rayen’s boss in the corridor.
“How is he?� the boss asked “I came here as fast as possible.�
“He’s not very good, sir. Mainly because you have assigned his brother to chase Arken.�
“Well, we don’t have any choice, we can’t afford letting Arken get away this time…�

Meanwhile Mushido and Jiwin had managed to find tracks showing that Arken had been in the city the day before. The city were in state of chaos, with people shooting at each other everywhere the two “agents� looked, though their view at the time was rather limited, them having to take cover in an old house. It seemed like Arken had caused a riot that quickly became real violent. It was also obvious that Arken had caused all this in order to delay or kill any persecutors. The both men knew that they had no time for this, and had to find a way out of the town. Suddenly the door of the house opened and a small group of people stormed in.
Just as Mushido raised his guns one of them cried:
“Please, don’t shoot, we mean you no harm, help us and we will help you!�
“What the h--- is happening here?�
“I have no time to explain, barricade the door and cover the windows, the enemies is approaching!�
Just as he said that an explosion was heard and the house next to them collapsed. Jiwin could hear the besieger leader scream: “They are in that house, take them out men!�
Jiwin and Mushido readied their guns and covered two nearby windows. Another explosion followed and the door gave away for the blast wave. A squad of men wearing small guns and leather armor forced their way into the house, but most of them were mowed down by Mushido as he emptied both his 10mm pistols. Mushido managed to pick up a 10mmSMG from one of his newly eliminated enemies. The next wave of attackers were obviously better equipped, and they managed to take out almost a third of the defenders before being forced to fall back. Seeing a chance to escape the leader of the defenders gave order about a re-assault. The besiegers were not ready for anything like this and most of them were wiped out in the next couple of minutes. Their leader managed to take himself to a nearby shack, along with about twenty soldiers. Mushido had been forced to reload his SMG twice and was beginning to get low on ammunition, so he looted a corpse before following the others to finish off the enemy. During the minute that followed a small group of soldiers, apparently trying to attack the group Jiwin had followed, noticed Mushido standing in the middle of the street alone. Luckily Mushido noticed them as well, and he took cover behind a caravan wagon before emptying yet another SMG clip. Jiwin heard the gunfire, understood it came from Mushido and raced in the direction the sound came from. Running around the corner Jiwin saw Mushido taking cover behind a wagon, while ten heavily armored soldiers were approaching him. Jiwin opened fire, but realized his weapon was no good towards these men, so he began to search for a new weapon amongst the corpses on the ground, whilst trying to take as much cover as possible. The men were almost at the wagon when Jiwin found a .223mm gun, grabbed in and responded the soldiers’ fire. Being busy facing this new threat the soldiers didn’t notice Mushido leaving his cover until three of them were missing their heads. Another two fell for Jiwin’s gun, but he was injured, making him drop his gun. Mushido grabbed a flash-bang from his belt and threw it at the soldiers, before pulling Jiwin inside a house. The agent reloaded the .223mm gun and forced another two soldiers to a life after death. As the flashes that covered the remaining three soldiers disappeared, and they saw the rest of their squad lying dead, they retreated. Mushido went over to Jiwin, to bandage his wounds. After a while the allied leader returned, know at last answering Mushido’s questions…

Okay Pyro, you're next...
Also, is it okay if I post this round-robin at the fan-fic section of my site, when it's finished?
The Fallout California Tour | Currently being re-designed, re-structurated and re-wrote. To be finished...
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

Chapter 9

Diestler fell on the sandy ground, smacking the side of his face against the hard rough grit. He spat out a tooth and looked around. He had been walking around now for days, just looking for a place to camp or at least get a meal. But nothing. Not a single town, not a single village. Not even a small rat he could eat. Instead his tent had been attacked by deathclaws, he had been shot at by raiders and almost eaten alive by ants one night. He croaked out, reaching for his water-bottle. He put the bottle to his lips and drank the last few drops. He threw the empty water bottle away in disgust, and now he could hear screams and gun-fire in the distance. This was the worst day of his life.

This was the best day of his life. Skrap pulled the trigger on his new gun again and a huge bolt of plasma flew out, melting the last of several puny humans in his way. Skrap scratched his bald green head and sighed. Everything around him lay in small piles of ashes, with burnt off limbs lying around. He picked up an arm and crunched down on it thoughtfully. Suddenly he felt a small stinging in his side. He looked down and saw a spear has managed to plough through leg and was sticking through the other side. He tried to pick it out, but it snapped in his fingers. He grumbled and sat down heavily. Now it was really starting to hurt. The small brown wire round it was grinding against his bone, making him grind his teeth together. He needed to get it out, or he might just have to cut his leg off, and then he wouldnt be able to run. Suddenly his small stubby snout caught a whiff of something in the air. Human, He could smell the salty filth dripping off its body. Perhaps its small weak arms could help pull the stick out? Skrap shakily got up and started waggling along to the small dot of rags and skin in the distance and smiled stupidly.

Diestler woke up, felling a sharp pain in his shoulder. He looked up and screamed, a huge green super-mutant was towering above him, poking him in the face with a broken black finger-nail. The mutant's brow met, and he put a finger to his thin black lips. Diestler quickly shut his mouth, but whimpered softly. "Pull stick out small ooman!" said the mutant, pointing to the broken spear in his leg with rusty barbed wire wrapped round it. Shaking, Diestler firmly grabbed the broken pole and pulled on it as hard as he could. The spear slid out easily, making Diestler land on crakced saind heavily on his leg. He bit his lip down to not scream as the mutant grinned, it's large yellowly teeth glinting softly in the orangey sunlight. "Thankooo!" roared the mutant, beating it's chest with both fists. It then threw Diestler over a shoulder and started sprinting. Diestler screamed, finally banging his head on a large shoulder pad and knocking him unconscious.

Jack and Zeer finally reached the small twinkling city of Rowal. Some people looked at the tribal funny, but were greeted by the tribals small dark eyes, shining like dark pools of water underneath the hundreds of tattoos all over his body. They walked around a bit, and finally found what they were looking for. The semi-rotted remains with the neat bullet hole through the forehead lay in the alley. Most of his items had been taken, but Jack knew who had done this. He had been following this man for months, mabye even years now. It had all been a blur...

Jack and Zeer were bountry hunters, some of the finest in the wasteland. They had been employd almost a year ago by a mystery man. They had targeted the FBI agent Rayen, the pay was high. They hadn't actually seen Rayen in person yet, or even a picture. But they knew his work. He killed with deadly effeicency, never using more than 3 bullets on the same enemy. He always seemed to use his pistol, sometimes using an assault rifle against tougher opponents. He never used blades, lasers, plasma weapons, explosives or any other weapon and almost never missed. Jack and Zeer had enjoyed hunting Rayen, but the last few weeks had gotten more intresting. Rayen's kill count had gotten higher, making him seem more agitated or paranoid than usual...

Jack and Zeer walked into a nearby bar. The bar went silent for a minute as everyone stared at the two travellers, then went back to talking. Jack walked up to the bartender, taking off his wide-brimmed hat and pulling his jacket back slightly so the bar-tender could see his gun. "Say mister...any information on...weird folk coming through here?" The bartenders eyes flicked back and forth between the old cowboy and the giant tribal in front of him. His lower lip trembled slightly, "Y-Yeah, this d-d-different guy came in...and out of t-towner...started a fight then left, chasing after a wagon owned by that big garage warehouse in t-t-the west-t." said the bartender quickly waddling away. Jack grinned, then spat in the corner. "Let's go Zeer....we got some prey to be huntin'"
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

w00 now here's a time line with a story summary and stuff

Timeline [estimated]

Rayen drops out of FBI school..or something.
Diestler locks out people in his mini-vault
Zeer and Jack are hired to hunt down and kill rayen

Sunday:A town-person called Jiwin is kidnapped by a gang. Rayen chases after them but they get away. A woman called Sarah [sister of Jiwin] takes him into her home to protect him. Rayen leaves to chase the gang, while sarah is kidnapped.
A man takes Sarah to Diestler, a junkie who locked himself in a Vault. Sarah manages to escape.

Monday:Dieslter is shot at by Logar, and gets his leg broken

Tuesday:Rayen find the wagon and kills the warehouse boss, then goes further west.
Jack and Zeer are a few miles outside of Rowal.

Wednesday:Diestler finally manages to get outside, and goes around the wastes for a a few days.
Jack and Zeer find out about Rayen in Rowal.

Thursday:Rayen meets his brother, Mushido and go and fight thw white-haired man Rayen is chasing [arken] and confront logar. They kill about 50 soldiers. They escape with sarah and jiwin, and rayen gets shot

Friday:Scrap fights off raiders who try and get the experimental military plasma gun off him, but they all die. Diestler saves Scrap from getting his leg amputated by taking out a poisenous spear.
Rayen is in the FBI base, while mushido and jiwin fight off a gang in another town.
Jack and Zeer travel further west

I added a part inabout Scrap the sm's gun, about it being an experimental military weapon. Also most of the dates are guessed, so it's just to help you keep track of things really. Please in the next story involve more than just one group of charecter interacting. Even if it's oly a few sentences saying like if Scrap and diestler find an abandoned wagon, or zeer and jack find the ran-sacked mini-vault.
Sir_Funkalot
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Sir_Funkalot »

Elara's turn... :)

By the way here's some facts about the story:
Chapters: 9
Pages: 18
Number of words: 10808

Author/Pages/Chapters ( number )
Archchancellor / 8O 7 pages / 2 chapters ( 1 and 6 )
Me, Sir_Funkalot / :oops: 2½-3 pages / 2 chapters ( 2 and 8 )
Section8 / 3½ pages / 2 chapters ( 3 and 7 )
Pyro / 3 pages / 2 chapters ( 4 and 9 )
Elara / 1 page / 1 chapter ( 5 )

:oops: Seems like I have to start writing some more per chapter...
Section8: Who of us will write chapter 12?
Section8
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by Section8 »

Sarah was taken to a sort of mini-vault owned by a man named diestler. Sarah managed to escape, while diestler was cronfronted by the white-haired man and was wounded in the leg. the white-haired man left him for dead.
Er, sort of...

The guy who was taking Sarah to wherever he was going, stopped along the way and wanted to hole up in Diestler's chamber. Diestler realises the girl is obviously an abductee, and "buys" her off the thug with a hefty amount of chems. She is then free to go but leaves the door open.
--
Only a real artist knows the actual anatomy of the terrible, or the physiology of fear - the exact sort of lines and proportions that connect up with latent instincts or heriditary memories of fright, and the proper colour contrasts and lighting effects to stir the dormant sense of strangeness.
Sir_Funkalot
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Sir_Funkalot »

Do this mean Diestler hates Sarah too, for leaving the door open?
Section8
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by Section8 »

Quite possibly, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. :P
--
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

do we have to wait for elara...she can do chapyer...11 or something
Archchancellor
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Archchancellor »

I've got number 12 im itching to do some writing
Sir_Funkalot
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Sir_Funkalot »

Arch, I thought you had chapter 11...
Elara
SDF!
SDF!

Chapter 10

Post by Elara »

Zeer examined the buildings around him with a critical eye, his hand flexing around his belt of hide and bone almost reflexively.

Jack, on the other hand, kept a slightly cocky grin on his face as he walked towards the warehouse, his hand resting on the butt of his gun. He wasn't particulary afraid of any man, after seeing so much blood and death in his youth. Besides, Zeer was big enough to stop a LOT of bullets...

Jack's grin only widened.

Zeer snorted, pushing past a townperson (who backpedaled frantically, eyes bugging at the huge, tattooed tribal) and then pointed. "There, Jack."

The old hunter merely scratched his eyebrow, eyeing the place. "Too open, too many ways in and out, and we don't even know iffen the slippery bastage is in there. And besides....he's good, almost as good as me. No need to go chargin' in there, making the guy waste all his bullets before we kill him."

Zeer snorted again, a sound like a disgusted horse. "Enough. I will go. If he comes out, take him."

The huge tribal stalked towards the warehouse, the huge and vicious spear ready. He entered, and a few minutes later came out.

Jack spat. "Well?"

The tribal looked thoughtful. "A battle...."

Zeer rubbed his chin, then with a thump planted his spear. "Yes, a fight. Blood, a body. Gunshot to the cheek, close range. No honor." The tribal glowered...

Jack simply nodded, intrigued. "This feller is NOT a happy sort of go-luck guy, is he?"

Zeer looked back to the warehouse. "More. The man was tied. He was being questioned, I think. And killed both as vengance and to prevent from giving more answers."

Jack sighed and pulled an old tin can of snuff from his jacket. He took a pinch and sucked thoughtfully, gazing at the building for some time. He noticed a scorch mark on one outer wall, some foot prints...

"Zeer, this is damnably strange. He's not headed east or south. That leaves north and west."

Zeer nodded again, and he tied the spear away. "North is where the sun burns like fire, and there is nothing there. West. Unless he is truly a son of a demon and needs neither water nor shade."

Jack nodded..."Or unless he's got some sort of transportation. No matter, he's not THAT good. A real professional would have cleaned up after himself. "

Zeer shruged as he trudged west..."Do not underestimate him as you did the Shale, Jack. "

Jack grinned again. "Who's livin and who's dead, ol' Tat? Eh? 149 kills under my belt, and no KID is going to beat me. Not while I'm breathing."

Zeer just sighed and rolled his eyes skyward. "Citydwellers."
"We happen to like Fallout, just not the Fallout community.They don't know how to think on their own, have double-standards, and basically bash anyone or anything that isn't Them. Internet people trying to desperately to be cool and failing, basically."
Sir_Funkalot
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Sir_Funkalot »

Arch turn, try not to make an essay this time, mkay? :wink:

Again, can I post this on my site when finished? Don't worry, I'll not forget to add someone to the authors list...
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

it's ok with me

And try to make your bit have somewhere to go after, like it's ok to say: BOB WALKED AROUND AND SHOT SOMEONE THEN WENT TO ANOTHER TOWN. It's better to have "Bob pulled the trigger on his ancient pistol, the bullet tearing the head off his enemy with a loud crack. He smiled to himself grimly, as he started walking out of town. He had killed almost all the raiders in the current town he was in...now it was time to go to the raider boss in this area..."

n;sjsad
Sir_Funkalot
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Sir_Funkalot »

Hey, I'll try, it's not so easy writing fan-fics on english when they are not mother's tongue. When I write in swedish my stories look more like the second example, making it like this in english will force me to write it in swedish first than translate it. I see your point though, and will give it a try...
Archchancellor
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Archchancellor »

so what are you going to do about it if i do :?: Ph34r my fan fiction skills it will be ready in about a day i need to finish school first. And go for it post it up on the library of whatever just be sure to say the authours that writ it
Sir_Funkalot
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Sir_Funkalot »

Yes sir!
I'll do that... :mrgreen:
Our Host!