Let's try to find a good side on Fallout 3.

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Gimp says it, it must be so. God save the queen.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

No matter how much I contemplate this, I can reach no other conclusion than this: FO3 will be a steaming bucket of shit mixed with bodily fluids, well stirred by 'Sloppy cock-spindoc-Hines' and Todd the border retard.

The more I read about FO3, the more I realize how right we were when we said that it was going to be Oblivion with guns.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Mismatch wrote:No matter how much I contemplate this, I can reach no other conclusion than this: FO3 will be a steaming bucket of shit mixed with bodily fluids, well stirred by 'Sloppy cock-spindoc-Hines' and Todd the border retard.

The more I read about FO3, the more I realize how right we were when we said that it was going to be Oblivion with guns.
popscythe
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by popscythe »

I've reached a bloodless medium where I expect that fallout 3 will totally be worth the download as far as a fallout themed bioshock goes but still pine for an actual fallout game to be released.

And pine forever I shall.
"I've decided that if positive affirmations can "cure cancer" then negative affirmations can cause cancer. Chant with me: Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard."
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

Good side? Maybe that I don't actually have to play it?
I miss the good ol' USSA.
the_BlackPipMan
Respected
Respected

Post by the_BlackPipMan »

bethesda's biggest achievement is scrapping that crappy iso view and boring TB combat.

now fallout can evolve from being a mere game to a true RPG experience.

they only thing that was good about the original fallouts was the dialog system, story, and massive go anywhere do anything world.

Bethesda keeps all that (hopefully) and makes it into a much tighter game play experience.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

the_BlackPipMan wrote:lolz im, liek flame baiting at Dac, tiz liek teh coolest thing evar.
you're trying too hard, it's much like a five years old kid trying to pick a fight.
the_BlackPipMan
Respected
Respected

Mismatch wrote:
the_BlackPipMan wrote:lolz im, liek flame baiting at Dac, tiz liek teh coolest thing evar.
you're trying too hard, it's much like a five years old kid trying to pick a fight.
not everyone loved fallout. the sooner you guys realize that, the sooner you can understand why they would love FO3.

good job in not noticing the flambait in every other post there hot shot.
the_BlackPipMan
Respected
Respected

Mismatch wrote:No matter how much I contemplate this, I can reach no other conclusion than this: FO3 will be a steaming bucket of shit mixed with bodily fluids, well stirred by 'Sloppy cock-spindoc-Hines' and Todd the border retard.

LMAO are you kidding me? don't ever mention flame bait to me again.

yes I am the one trying to hard. sure thing kid
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

the_BlackPipMan wrote: I'm flamebaiting... no, YOU'RE flamebaiting! You started it!
well I say. Quite the rhetorics master you are indeed. This surely stands as a brilliant example of you not acting like a kid. :chew:
the_BlackPipMan
Respected
Respected

Mismatch wrote:
the_BlackPipMan wrote: I'm flamebaiting... no, YOU'RE flamebaiting! You started it!
well I say. Quite the rhetorics master you are indeed. This surely stands as a brilliant example of you not acting like a kid. :chew:
so do you have an actual view point, or argument you would want to express regarding my post?(which is the actual purpose of this thread) or would you rather prefer to continue acting like an insufferable assclown and we just continue accusing each other of flame baiting for a few more posts.

and ill spare you the translation and subtitle this in your native tongue douchbaglish myself:

lolz sty on topic and stp actn like a dickhat!11!!!one
LoneGunman
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by LoneGunman »

the_BlackPipMan wrote:
Mismatch wrote:
so do you have an actual view point, or argument you would want to express regarding my post?(which is the actual purpose of this thread) or would you rather prefer to continue acting like an insufferable assclown and we just continue accusing each other of flame baiting for a few more posts.

and ill spare you the translation and subtitle this in your native tongue douchbaglish myself:

You cant even type! Why dont you have a watermellon and go on back to the cotton fields where you came from flower!
the_BlackPipMan
Respected
Respected

LoneGunman wrote:
the_BlackPipMan wrote:
Mismatch wrote: well I say. Quite the rhetorics master you are indeed. This surely stands as a brilliant example of you not acting like a kid. :chew:

You cant even type! Why dont you have a watermellon and go on back to the cotton fields where you came from flower!
whoa bubba, maybe a large naked black man eating watermelon and picking cotton is your wet dream, but don't bring me into your sick fantasies dude. dont call me your flower.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

so do you have an actual view point, or argument you would want to express regarding my post?
I hardly feel the urge to. Reasons why you are wrong has been given countless times, so I do think you are aware of them. When I start repeating shit due to some retard, I have truly lost.
the_BlackPipMan
Respected
Respected

Mismatch wrote:
so do you have an actual view point, or argument you would want to express regarding my post?
I hardly feel the urge to. Reasons why you are wrong has been given countless times, so I do think you are aware of them. When I start repeating shit due to some retard, I have truly lost.
the proof is in the pudding. if iso view and TB combat were still viable gaming options then games would still be using them.

heres a piss of advice. if you want a true table top experiences. play a table top game.

they are 100x better than any Table top RPG knock off can ever hope to be.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

the proof is in the pudding. if iso view and TB combat were still viable gaming options then games would still be using them.
As far as ISO is concerned, I don't rilly think that anyone minds a 3d adjustable cam (with isometricish perspective), noone makes 2d games ne more, though bethsoft have designed their chit with first person in mind, not 3rd person much like in Oblivion where the 3rd person was a tad weird (and their 3rd person view isn't even isometricish as far as I've seen). And we have already seen the flaws in VATS, which resulted in always hit melee. This wouldn't have been an issue in TB.
the_BlackPipMan
Respected
Respected

Mismatch wrote:
As far as ISO is concerned, I don't rilly think that anyone minds a 3d adjustable cam (with isometricish perspective), noone makes 2d games ne more, though bethsoft have designed their chit with first person in mind, not 3rd person much like in Oblivion where the 3rd person was a tad weird (and their 3rd person view isn't even isometricish as far as I've seen). And we have already seen the flaws in VATS, which resulted in always hit melee. This wouldn't have been an issue in TB.
just because a game they released 4 years ago had a problem all of their new works will have the EXACT same problems...thats silly.

Hey all!

Sorry for the confusion. Let me clarify that a bit.

I meant, in general, the game is fully playable in third person. You can run around, adventure, get into combat (�run and gun�) etc. all in third person, and the camera was designed to accommodate that kind of gameplay, unlike the third-person camera in Oblivion, which was more of a “vanity mode.�

http://fallout3.wordpress.com/2008/03/1 ... rd-person/
entertainer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by entertainer »

I so wish this was on rpgcodex, so the lulz would just skyrocket...
Fallout 3 - By Morons, For Morons
the_BlackPipMan
Respected
Respected

entertainer wrote:I so wish this was on rpgcodex, so the lulz would just skyrocket...
wouldn't want a differing view to interrupts the great oral action going on in there forums.

don't worry you can wrap your lips back around Mismatched penor.

i wouldn't want to ruin a magical thing.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Fallout was the type of game that allowed third person camera. Sure, sometimes it was annoying that you had to walk all the way next to the wall to look for containers, but that was a minor issue.

If you build the game up on minute detail and eye-candy, third person is no longer viable. Third person does not allow you to notice detail from different angles in a 3D game, thus such actions as looking into containers, at different walls, etc will be a much more difficult. Fallout 3 has been made for first person, with optional third person. Guess which one they would have focused more on?

Anyway, 1st/3rd person view is the least of things with which I quarrel in F3. If everything else was up to the standard, I wouldn't mind.
Our Host!